Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bad run.....

• 19-05-2019 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Ah lads, I suppose we've all been there where the luck isn't going for us, but.....

The past few days has been an absolute nitemare, cant land anything at all....

total of 7 doubles on the golf - all 7 let down by one leg
    2 singles today on PGA 3 balls, both 1 ahead heading down 18, both lose
    one horse bet, going well to two out, unseats
    one greyhound bet , 6 clear off final bend, hare stops
    an in running footie bet that went done after ONE minute

what do you do, re-evaluate how you make decisions, take a break, choose other sports?

no major financial loss, but **** me it's a head melter :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭spurshero

Ah lads, I suppose we've all been there where the luck isn't going for us, but.....

The past few days has been an absolute nitemare, cant land anything at all....

total of 7 doubles on the golf - all 7 let down by one leg
    2 singles today on PGA 3 balls, both 1 ahead heading down 18, both lose
    one horse bet, going well to two out, unseats
    one greyhound bet , 6 clear off final bend, hare stops
    an in running footie bet that went done after ONE minute

what do you do, re-evaluate how you make decisions, take a break, choose other sports?

no major financial loss, but **** me it's a head melter :(
    I think when your on a run like this and every punter has been the best thing is to take a break and keep disciplined . The bookies will always be there. Go off do some other stuff just get away from the whole gambling scene . You also seem to be punting on everything dogs horses soccer golf . How much do u know about each ?? It’s really best to stick to the one or 2 that you know best . For me that’s gaa and soccer but I have plenty of losing days as well . Also
    A good idea if you do a fair bit of punting to keep separate money for gambling . So you know exactly how your getting on and keep track of bets and see what ya make money on and what you don’t . It’s a difficult Game that s not for everybody . Good luck whatever way you proceed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lillie Red Lacquer

If your head is not right take a break for a week or two and personally I would advise only betting singles which will reduce your volatility and its the best way to maximise your profit in the long run.

If you are going to be placing a lot of bets on a wide range of sports without much research or pricing then I would recommend you put aside a separate amount of money for sports betting and bet singles for a stake of 0.25% if you are happy to have a stake in the outcome for a bit of interest and keep it fun without busting bankrolls regularly so that a handful of bets won't affect you so much.

Advertisement