Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2022

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Was checking B&S' twitter this eve because its usually about now they announce lineups etc, and they have put a lot of stuff out about an online gig thing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BodyandSoulIrl?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Great for them but it would be nice to hear from them about the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I doubt there's much they can say about a festival given we probably are unlikely to be having festivals again this year. I thought it might be possible up until the vaccine rollout stalled completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Granite Head

Officially postponed till 2022.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine, Therapy, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Dear Government.... F**k you.
    Regards, festival people.

I’m not surprised at all. Hopefully they can come back strong next year - I’m certainly hanging onto my ticket.

• Advertisement

Body and Soul on the list of recipients of funding under the Live Performance Support Scheme, for something called "Equinox":
    Body & Soul Event Creations Ltd – Equinox will showcase exemplary Irish practitioners of music, comedy, spoken-word, set design, cross-pollinating practises, creating new authentic performances.

It'll presumably a series of one-off small things, but it's good news that they're still doing stuff, and getting some funding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

JG009 wrote: »
    Dear Government.... F**k you.
    Regards, festival people.

There's a pandemic that thrives when people group together ffs. Not everything is the government's fault and moan worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

from their FB page 4 hours ago.

Reflecting on a solstice weekend that could have been, the celebrations not far in our future and a decade of days spent in Ballinlough with you!

While it tugs at our heartstrings to miss out on another year of Body&Soul, we expect our patience will be rewarded with a reunion for the ages in 2022.

From the tops and bottoms of all of our hearts, thank you to everyone who attended, contributed, shaped, danced and laughed at Body & Soul throughout the years.

You’re the reason why we’ll raise our glasses this weekend, and the reason why we’ll return to Body&Soul to do it all over again.

Until we meet again, raise your flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its coming up to this time of the year again, hopefully we might hear an announcement soon.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Hopefully not the same weekend as Sea Sessions.

Wild roots is also on same weekend as Forbidden Fruit. Don't need another cross over.

• Advertisement

Well Endainoz its two years later and applications have went live again, just applied there about 15 minutes ago.

I reckon there might be an announcement mid week, Wednesday or Thursday are usually the days B&S like to announce on, the reason I say this is the volunteer applications have went live, they usually become available immediately after an announcement so I think one is up and coming.

Endainoz where the hell are ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just silently following as usual! Cheers for the heads up re volunteering.

Not much activity on the Body&Soul Facebook page yet, it seems their last post was January 1st. Dying for some more festival announcements to help me through the last throes of winter and the flat hunting madness.

There will be an announcement next week. From the Overheard in Body and Soul Facebook group.

'The wait is nearly over.

Before we go wild with general ticket sales next week, we wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been by our side these past two years.

If this sounds like you, hit the link below to register for our presale list to get early access to limited tickets days before everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just to add to that bodhrandude, they said the following in an email I received today:

"After a 2-year hiatus and some proper time out to rethink and reimagine - the pioneering Body&Soul Festival of music and arts is flipping its usual format on its head - halving its numbers and doubling its curatorial commitment.

With just 5,500 tickets available, the 3-day, meticulously curated event will see a complete reimagining vision of its stunning festival grounds and unique programme, which transforms the woodland, lakes and medieval walled gardens across Ballinlough Castle Estate, Co.Meath.

The surprise-filled weekend unfolds under an annual theme on the Summer Solstice - which this year will be ‘Betwixt & Between’ a nod to the concept of Liminality and the place in which we find ourselves after the last two years.

Throughout the magical festival grounds, groundbreaking music artists, theatrical interludes, beautiful art installations, gastronomic experiences, fragrant cocktails, masquerade balls and indulgent wellbeing areas come together to provide a weekend of sensory exploration. 

With sustainability behind everything they do, in 2022, Body&Soul plans on being the first circular festival in Ireland, through a programme of recycling, reusing and repurposing all elements of the Festival’s production."

Pre-sale tickets were €200 but are sold out already. Hopefully it works out for them, one of the best festivals in the country consistently over the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are tickets expected to sell out straight away then yeah? Looking to go to B+S for the first time, always loved their area at the picnic, will never forget La Galaxie there in 2013.

No harm in subscribing to their website for email update as there is probably a link through that for tickets too. Actually there is a presale link there too.

https://bit.ly/PreSaleSignUp_?fbclid=IwAR1sCngIkQN31lwA_f80NOv6zWw8NnhOOdOVQqojySNkcU2T6gfHeca2FB0

Yup its seems to be on the same dates alright.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'd say this will sell like hot cakes with the halving of the capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭RINO87

I like this approach - the early B+S were absolute belters and were never about the big acts. Its mad to think that the main stage used to be INSIDE the garden! Hopefully this means the return of reckless in love to it's proper home in the woods, it was never the same since it was moved out to the big field.

Looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭endainoz

I am intrigued by the idea as well. I've never been to body and soul but an approach like this will make them entirely unique in a crowded market. Will be applying to volunteer for this one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, fair play to them. If that's a sustainable model, it'll be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Peesh89

Myself and a few friends bought tickets yesterday for the Leave No Trace campsite.

We weren't planning on going but love the reimagining of things and the lower numbers, can't wait now!

107 days friends, not long at all 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KeithM94

Hey everyone, just bought my ticket and I'm pumped! Nature is healing.

I was initially surprised to see its only 5500 tickets for sale this year, but I've now read that they're also honouring any tickets for 2020 if ya kept it. Wonder if that means the numbers will be greater then? What ye thinking?

Haven't heard anything more on the social medias about this since, hopefully some action soon.

Keep getting some error message the length of the screen right at the end of the checkout for payment plan tickets.

• Advertisement

Maybe you should message them on Facebook or Twitter.

Advertisement