Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Calendars 2016

• 15-12-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of calendars up for grabs on my blog, if anyone's interested. A nice Christmas present... or perfect toilet fodder!

Mods, FYI, the calendars are not for sale.

Blog here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Thanks for the idea Kevin .... I read your post and knowing I am not one of lifes winners, it got me wondering how you could had your own calendars done up. I ended up on a site called 'photobox' and was quickly able to create my own A4 calendar, I was able to personalise them with my own text on all my fav golf photos.

I ordered 3 A4 versions at €15 each plus €7 postage (inc tax). Christmas pressies sorted for two of the golfers in the family and one for me to stare at as I do the dishes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Dtoffee wrote: »
    Thanks for the idea Kevin .... I read your post and knowing I am not one of lifes winners, it got me wondering how you could had your own calendars done up. I ended up on a site called 'photobox' and was quickly able to create my own A4 calendar, I was able to personalise them with my own text on all my fav golf photos.

I ordered 3 A4 versions at €15 each plus €7 postage (inc tax). Christmas pressies sorted for two of the golfers in the family and one for me to stare at as I do the dishes :rolleyes:

Yep, it's that simple. The ones I got done are A3 and I used Huggler. I've done this a couple of times - works really well. I ordered mine on Cyber Monday and got them for half price (€13 each)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I still have the one you gave me a few years ago, would love another one.
    Any chance of you doing a limited run?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Replied in the blog but maybe a boards order for Kevin's calender maybe a idea.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I still have the one you gave me a few years ago, would love another one.
    Any chance of you doing a limited run?

I would Charlie, but the price per calendar gets to be a bit daft. The A3 ones I have now (ie A3 size when hanging open) are Stg £20 each, which doesn't include any postage costs. I don't imagine people will pay €30+ for a calendar when you can get them so easily for free as part of a magazine supplement.

The one I did previously, which you still have, was a cheap one. I thought the quality was correspondingly poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I would Charlie, but the price per calendar gets to be a bit daft. The A3 ones I have now (ie A3 size when hanging open) are Stg £20 each, which doesn't include any postage costs. I don't imagine people will pay €30+ for a calendar when you can get them so easily for free as part of a magazine supplement.

The one I did previously, which you still have, was a cheap one. I thought the quality was correspondingly poor.

What about A4?

There was nothing wrong with the cheaper one i have to be honest Kevin!!

A4 should be big enough it only has to last for a year so no need for super quality, see adverts on tv for 10 quid or so

mike12 wrote: »
    A4 should be big enough it only has to last for a year so no need for super quality, see adverts on tv for 10 quid or so

I've seen VistaPrint are doing them for €13 and they're half price at the moment.

Well, if anyone is interested, just let me know. I can give VistaPrint a go and hope for the best.

I've seen VistaPrint are doing them for €13 and they're half price at the moment.

Well, if anyone is interested, just let me know. I can give VistaPrint a go and hope for the best.

I'd be interested but there better be at least 90% of the photos of links courses and 3 of Carne:)

Advertisement