Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Got engaged earlier this month :) and planning for April 2016 so can't wait!! I've been to a couple of venues and have 3 more this weekend then it's decision time!

In a mad decision I already have my wedding dress!!! Went to a sample sale just for a look and to try on some dresses to get a feel for what might suit me and found the dress! So decided to get it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Hi everyone,

Joining this thread in the hope that we will get married next year even though we've nothing organised so far as we just got engaged last weekend!

I'm a very organised person usually and constantly have lists for everything but I am seriously clueless about organising a wedding, so any help and tips are appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gettinhitched

Hiya! Oh get on that phone! We got engaged in 2013 and i didnt bother booking or looking and i started last weekend i went thru 17 photographers before i got an available 1! We are getting married on a bank holiday so it makes things a bit harder! Ive makeup .photos band. Video. Hotel. Done its so expensive! What r ppl paying for this sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I must gave got lucky. We had our first choice available for everything booking before Xmas. I got my dress this week. Way earlier than planned but I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gingaling

Hi all,

We got engaged last month and are getting married at the end of August 2016. We unexpectedly fell in love with the first venue we saw, then franticly booked in some viewings at other places just to be sure.

We've the photographer booked as we love taking photos ourselves so this was a real priority for us. We've just started looking at bands, though as we're London-based this might take us a bit longer to sort by the time we've made it over for showcases etc.

I wasn't planning on looking at dresses for a while yet, but my bridesmaids are dying to know what they'll be wearing and tbh I feel like I can't get my head around that until Ive an idea of what I'll be in so may start sooner. The only thing worrying me is that I haven't managed to talk to the local priest yet, in the end I wrote him a letter so fingers crossed I'll hear something from him soon!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Need some inspiration for venues please!

We're planning a small wedding 60-70 and a lot of hotels only have minimum 100 guests. We visited a place at the weekend which was fab but quite pricy so looking for other suggestions please, preferably in Dublin or max 1 hour drive from airport as most guests will be travelling over so don't want them trekking for 3 hours!

Starting to get piddled off with the while process now tbh which is annoying me as I know it should be an exciting time for us!

Any help or suggestions appreciated, although we have already ruled out the Anglers Rest due to lack of accomodation on site.

TIA!

Glendalough house or bell inter house?

Thanks western lass,

Haven't seen either of these before so will check them out.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We are looking at Sept 2016 - haven't done anything yet but only got engaged last week!! We know what we want and don't want though so hopefully things will go smoothly! :)

Dovies wrote: »
    We are looking at Sept 2016 - haven't done anything yet but only got engaged last week!! We know what we want and don't want though so hopefully things will go smoothly! :)

Congrats Dovies,

Best of luck with all the planning :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Jumping on this too. Booked my venue for 26th August 2016. Cant wait now. Just trying to book at Humanist or Civil now. Two people unavailable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Glendalough house or bell inter house?

We looked at Bellinteer hosue but at 120 pp we decided against it! :eek:

Typo starts at 105 pp on a Friday - cheaper midweek but still

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chloehibner

Count me in. For now I do online shopping for the wedding dress :)

topwedding.fr/robes-de-mariee

Hi everyone again,

Well things are progressing here thankfully we have finally found a venue and a Humanist celebrant so we're sorted with the big things for next April. The list of smaller things seems to be growing daily though, people can be so helpful with their opinions of what we should/shouldn't do 😳

Hi everyone again,

Well things are progressing here thankfully we have finally found a venue and a Humanist celebrant so we're sorted with the big things for next April. The list of smaller things seems to be growing daily though, people can be so helpful with their opinions of what we should/shouldn't do 😳

Which Humanist did you get if you don't mind me asking? I have contacted 6 of them today, 2 replied saying they weren't available on our date and one just asked had we chosen a venue and haven't heard back since.

andreac wrote: »
    Which Humanist did you get if you don't mind me asking? I have contacted 6 of them today, 2 replied saying they weren't available on our date and one just asked had we chosen a venue and haven't heard back since.

Hi Andreac, we have booked Emma Sides for our ceremony. We contacted several others at the same time and three were unavailable. Because there are so few of them they seem to be booking up fast.

Good luck with your search!

Hi Andreac, we have booked Emma Sides for our ceremony. We contacted several others at the same time and three were unavailable. Because there are so few of them they seem to be booking up fast.

Good luck with your search!

Ok great, i contacted Emma too but haven't heard back yet but it was only this morning when i emailed so hopefully will hear back soon.

Ok great, i contacted Emma too but haven't heard back yet but it was only this morning when i emailed so hopefully will hear back soon.

She did say last week that she had a lot on this week so I'm sure she will get in touch. She was so lovely, I'm really happy with her so far anyway! She's been really helpful to us.

Ah brilliant. Yeah ill hold off contacting the Civil registrar for the moment. Im sure she get back as soon as she can. Thanks for your help.

Ah brilliant. Yeah ill hold off contacting the Civil registrar for the moment. Im sure she get back as soon as she can. Thanks for your help.

We have Eithne Dempsey booked so that may help either. She's really nice too and so helpful

• Advertisement

We have Eithne Dempsey booked so that may help either. She's really nice too and so helpful

She's not available for our date unfortunately.

Thats a pity. When they meet you they explain it all by the way. Im looking forward a lot to it all but especially that

Thats a pity. When they meet you they explain it all by the way. Im looking forward a lot to it all but especially that

Another one not available for our date. Starting to panic now. Emma got back to me and is organising my date at the moment with someone so doesn't look like she is free either. Can't believe they are all booked up already for august next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Another one not available for our date. Starting to panic now. Emma got back to me and is organising my date at the moment with someone so doesn't look like she is free either. Can't believe they are all booked up already for august next year.

Did you try Siobhan Walls? She's doing ours, she is lovely, and is newer so maybe won't be booked out yet?

jaja321 wrote: »
    Did you try Siobhan Walls? She's doing ours, she is lovely, and is newer so maybe won't be booked out yet?

I have actually emailed her tonight so hopefully she is free. I will just try them all if necessary.

Does anyone know whether the ones further down the country travel up to say Kildare?

Just wondering if i cant get a local one would they travel, providing expenses were paid.

Does anyone know whether the ones further down the country travel up to say Kildare?

Just wondering if i cant get a local one would they travel, providing expenses were paid.

Some will some wont

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There are a few who will only do them in Cork and Kerry - for them even Limerick was too far away! You're better off hitting up the ones in Dublin first.

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing? Took a break from the planning after we booked our celebrant. Went to visit our venue this evening and now I have a major major case of the jitters!! Anyone any tips for how to calm down, the thoughts of being centre of attention is making me feel ill. I know I'm being ridiculous but I've always been shy so it's a big issue for me :-(

Advertisement