Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've Been Trumped

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

That's a real shame as it's definitely one of the most interesting Open venues IMO - totally understand why they may feel the need to remove it though given Trump's outlandish opinions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Donald Trump's legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm has been rejected by the UK's Supreme Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35106581

This is good news IMHO. I am both a supporter of offshore windfarms and a supporter of Trump not getting his own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

postitnote wrote: »
    Donald Trump's legal challenge to a planned offshore wind farm has been rejected by the UK's Supreme Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35106581

This is good news IMHO. I am both a supporter of offshore windfarms and a supporter of Trump not getting his own way.

I agree. Even the language that the Trump Organisation uses in its response to the verdict says everything about the man - "The outcome demonstrates the foolish, small minded and parochial mentality which dominates the current Scottish government's dangerous experiment with wind energy."

He's becoming less of a joke now, and looking at some of his supporters in the last two days you'd have to say that many are becoming more and more uncomfortable with him.

Anyway, are there any plans afoot for anything similar in Trumpville in Doonbeg? Wasn't there a plan for a wind turbine(s) nearby at one stage? Maybe its time those plans were resurrected...?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Maybe a compulsory purchase order and one of these?

Southport%20Arnold%20Palmer%20(5)c.jpg

How he can talk about a small minded mentality when he's complaining about a view? Said without a hint of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Not a fan of Trump at all - but he is right that offshore wind is wrong and dangerous for the customer (you and me).

People love wind turbines as an idea - but are not too happy about Electricity prices increasing.

But as a venture capitalist , he should view that as an opportunity , wouldn't surprise me if he had money in wind turbines somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Anatom wrote: »
    Anyway, are there any plans afoot for anything similar in Trumpville in Doonbeg? Wasn't there a plan for a wind turbine(s) nearby at one stage? Maybe its time those plans were resurrected...?

Nope, he did for those shortly after Doonbeg fell into his grubby mitts
    postitnote wrote: »
    How he can talk about a small minded mentality when he's complaining about a view? Said without a hint of irony.

Trump... irony... he wouldn't know irony if it came up and beat him, kicked him, punched him... but it would be fun to watch
    Not a fan of Trump at all - but he is right that offshore wind is wrong and dangerous for the customer (you and me).

You've lost me, Fix... 'wrong and dangerous'... in what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

You've lost me, Fix... 'wrong and dangerous'... in what way?

I'm wondering the same. I know of people living quite close (700 - 800 yards away) to a couple of turbines and there's no problem. Surely offshore ones are even safer and less intrusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

People love wind turbines as an idea - but are not too happy about Electricity prices increasing.

But as a venture capitalist , he should view that as an opportunity , wouldn't surprise me if he had money in wind turbines somehow.
    offshore wind wrong and dangerous for the customer, surely you meant sailor and when the wind is in the opposite direct from where you want to go and there happens to be made rocks in the way.

Advertisement