Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Danick wrote: »
    Really? Why?

It was a throwaway comment really, about me being a terrible backer of winners, and just purely gut feeling, the Knights will cope better without Ponga than the Panthers will without Cleary.

I'd guess only a try in it either way too, but we haven't really got a lot to go on, just 2 games, that were weeks ago.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

It was a throwaway comment really, about me being a terrible backer of winners, and just purely gut feeling, the Knights will cope better without Ponga than the Panthers will without Cleary.

I'd guess only a try in it either way too, but we haven't really got a lot to go on, just 2 games, that were weeks ago.

Yeah true - hard to judge - New rules have really increased the pace of the game - Cows had a great win - pace of the game seems to suit players like Hess but early doors - time will tell

Mitchell Pearce off already after four minutes for the Knights, so have to fancy the Panthers now.

Edit: Knights lost Watson after 10 minutes as well.

Panthers score first try after 20, first of many I'd guess.

Edit: Glasby gone after 21 minutes, HIA but looks shook. Knights fcuked.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Draaaaaaaaama!

Draaaaaaaaama!

Why it's one of the best sports in the world.

• Advertisement

Have to love the Knights. Fantastic game and deserved point for both of them.

What a game! I only caught it from the 2nd half - that’s the best I have seen Knights play in years - they have a steely resolve to get through that without Pearce - isn’t it brill to have this back on Sky - hopefully they will rethink how many games they show in the future - missed the fact Eir Sports showed every game

What a game! I only caught it from the 2nd half - that’s the best I have seen Knights play in years - they have a steely resolve to get through that without Pearce - isn’t it brill to have this back on Sky - hopefully they will rethink how many games they show in the future - missed the fact Eir Sports showed every game

Yeah that used to be great with Eir/Premier Sports.

Its an NRL-Live issue or whatever it's called, cant sell it abroad if sky are showing all 8 games.

Yep, get cricket back now too and life is complete again.

• Advertisement

Yep, get cricket back now too and life is complete again.

The hundred binned for another year so I'm happy about that.

Its an NRL-Live issue or whatever it's called, cant sell it abroad if sky are showing all 8 games.

That makes sense alright

The hundred binned for another year so I'm happy about that.

I'd watch the One at this stage if it were live.

JT out for Cows - this does not bode well for us.

Here were go for the next round. Broncos v Roosters.

Too one sided unfortunately.

Here were go for the next round. Broncos v Roosters.

Too one sided unfortunately.

I've never seen the Broncos play so poorly

I've never seen the Broncos play so poorly

I gave up on it after 60 minutes. Lot of teams were crap before the break, and worse now. Going to be a messy league this year, in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

59 nil. Christ I thought the dragons were bad there's hope yet. 15th looks possible now and that would be an achievement.

Warriors back to the form we know and love. Panthers sneaked a 26 nil win.

59 nil. Christ I thought the dragons were bad there's hope yet. 15th looks possible now and that would be an achievement.

Expecting the Dragons to bounce back this weekend - they were close in the first two games - I just don't think they or anyone was expecting the Warriors to play as well as they did in round 3.

We (Cows) have a big challenge tomorrow without JT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Expecting the Dragons to bounce back this weekend - they were close in the first two games - I just don't think they or anyone was expecting the Warriors to play as well as they did in round 3.

We (Cows) have a big challenge tomorrow without JT.
    They have to beat the Bulldogs or Mary is gone even though I feel a bit sorry for him. Hunt should be moved to hooker I think. Dropping Dufty is a big call.

They have to beat the Bulldogs or Mary is gone even though I feel a bit sorry for him. Hunt should be moved to hooker I think. Dropping Dufty is a big call.

Yes Dufty is a huge call - terrible games for ya today - Sharks made plenty of mistakes but we were poor in attack

Big win for the Knights, Raiders were woeful until they were miles behind, damage was done by then.

That was some game between Titans and Tigers from a neutral viewpoint - great to see Jai Arrow get a win - he is playing very well at the moment.

Big balls the coaches have, the pundits don't fcuk about with the questions they ask in Oz. Feel sorry for Mary but the Dragons are abysmal.

Good win for the Warriors, didn't see it, but put plenty of points on the board.

Dragons have had some serious luck this game. Not even a fan and it's unbelievably tense!

Warriors have "moved on" Kearney. They were unlucky with a few decisions against the bunnies but he'd probably had enough chances now. Assistant to take temporary charge.

Up, Up!

• Advertisement

Papenhuyzen must have had a belter, got 82 points in my fantasy team for him

Advertisement