Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Relocating with son

Options
  • 24-05-2020 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been separated over a year now. In a new relationship and have a chance of a better life for myself and my son. It is just under two hours away. I've no plans to move yet but it is a possibility. I will have to look into schools and jobs etc and get my ducks in a row first obviously. My ex husband says he will not allow it and was verbally abusive when he asked the question, I said it may happen at some point. It's only now the marriage is over have I realised how abusive he was during our marriage. Liaising with him about our son is difficult as he is very intimidating.

Has anyone had an experience of being stopped from moving away by a judge? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

hi

i wonder have you considered what affect moving away would have on your son? i only mention this because you have not mentioned your son and how it would affect him, and his relationship with dad.

If your husband was a bad husband, then i completely think you were right to end the marriage.

But your child's relationship with dad is separate from your relationship, and moving would have to be carefully considered for how it would affect your son. There wold also be the consideration of the affect on friends and school.

I believe the best interests of the child are paramount and the courts now take that into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I doubt if your ex could stop the move , but the change of school could be a major issue ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement