Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Motion 3D USB Controller

• 06-01-2013 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭

I performed a simple search of boards and can't believe there's no hits for "Leap Motion" controller, unless the boards search facility isn't great...

LeapMotion Link

It's only $69 on pre-order, and ye are probably many tens of thousands behind in the pre-order queue already.
    I'd expect the same backlog as with the Raspberry pi.

I applied for the free developer kit, early access to the SDK and a free pre-production version of the device and they accepted today :D
    Now there's 10,000 free units but already over 60,000 applied I believe.

Anyway, it's one to watch.

I love the idea of it being a sort of poor mans 3D scanner.
    It scans a 4 foot squared area in front of the controller, and the later version of the SDK will give you direct access to depth buffer.

But the early versions detect the number of hands and fingers in the zone and the exact orientation of them. It's ultra accurate too, sub-millimetre.

Anyways, thought I'd raise awareness of it.

regards,
    CD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Copied from Development 'cos this could be a really nifty sensor if it works as advertised...

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

pre ordered my back on 22/05/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Has anyone done any development with this since? I just got one (€50 in Argos) and have some app ideas.

Advertisement