Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

amazon fire 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Phoebas wrote: »

That's €35.33, will you get free delivery or dpd/pm/addresspal for €1.69 or less?

judeboy101 wrote: »
    That's €35.33, will you get free delivery or dpd/pm/addresspal for €1.69 or less?

You'll get free delivery with that.
    Not much in it, but Amazon might be more convenient.

Great price whereever you get it.

sugarman wrote: »
    This has been posted numerous times in both the Argos and Amazon threads yesterday

That makes this thread a BOGOF.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Tried amazon but comes up as wont deliver to Ireland

Strange that. I bought one this morning, with free delivery to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Just got a couple for Christmas presents.

Choice between heading to nearest Argos, battling through shopping centres pre Christmas, or clicking my mouse and letting the post man deliver?

No brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

:confused:

otSIgX.png

• Advertisement

Choice between heading to nearest Argos, battling through shopping centres pre Christmas, or clicking my mouse and letting the post man deliver?

No brainer.

Always prefer Argos myself. Have the luxury of pulling up right at the door on my motorbike, though. Delivery times to Ireland are ridiculous as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

No brainer.

Hope you don't have to return it.

Choice between Argos and the Post Office, I know where I'd rather be heading!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Amazon are amazing for returns to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,240 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Soarer wrote: »
    Hope you don't have to return it.

Choice between Argos and the Post Office, I know where I'd rather be heading!

Amazon send in prepaid labels for returns. There's a post box/office in every village in Ireland. Can't say the same for Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

ted1 wrote: »
    Amazon send in prepaid labels for returns. There's a post box/office in every village in Ireland. Can't say the same for Argos

And the returns depot is now in Ireland, last 2 returns have been super smooth and refunded next day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Strange that. I bought one this morning, with free delivery to Ireland.

I also just bought one. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

my sister is over in america next week and was going to pick up an ipad pro for the parents, as there old one is gone very slow. are the two comparable ? I would probably go for the 10 inch screen for the pro, or the amazon fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ Philip Tasteless Train

The Argos version is better as the Amazon one is the special config with display adds
    £39.99 for the one Argos have on Amazon (without special config)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

2smiggy wrote: »
    my sister is over in america next week and was going to pick up an ipad pro for the parents, as there old one is gone very slow. are the two comparable ? I would probably go for the 10 inch screen for the pro, or the amazon fire

In fairness iPad Pro/fire is incomparable. The fire is an ereader with extras, while the iPad is a workhorse tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ Philip Tasteless Train

Nothing to compare, Amazon fire would blow the Ipad pro away..................on price :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nidom

Might have to pop by argos, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭septicsac

No sign of the hd8 version on sale yet anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Tradnuts

I ordered mine on wednesday afternoon, and it was delivered this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,240 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You can buy 20 fire tablets for the price of 1 iPad Pro.

32gb ipad pro 9.7inch $549 amazon us, 32 fire 10 inch £152 amazon uk.

I know there is a big price difference , but I was wondering was there a huge difference for the likes of just browsing the internet, and using the likes of donedeal app. This is likely all my parents will use it for. if the fire was a good quick tablet, I would just get them that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

32gb ipad pro 9.7inch $549 amazon us, 32 fire 10 inch £152 amazon uk.

I know there is a big price difference , but I was wondering was there a huge difference for the likes of just browsing the internet, and using the likes of donedeal app. This is likely all my parents will use it for. if the fire was a good quick tablet, I would just get them that

Do they have Apple products or Android ? Would they manage the crossover between 2 software platforms with ease?
    If it is for basic browsing etc an Ipad pro might be overkill ?

GBX wrote: »
    Do they have Apple products or Android ? Would they manage the crossover between 2 software platforms with ease?
    If it is for basic browsing etc an Ipad pro might be overkill ?

mother has an android phone, but always had an ipad. tis hard work to get em to change. She had a nexus phone, and i had to replace that with the newer nexus model. could not convince her to get a nice cheap Chinese replacement :pac::pac:

it will be for basic browsing and a few photos etc, that's all. once i knew the fire would be fine for this i could start trying to convince her it is ok !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

septicsac wrote: »
    No sign of the hd8 version on sale yet anywhere?

No:( I was 100% convinced it would be 30% off today an all aas most of the other Amazon deals in the US were replicated in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pissupoosa

Shipping charge applying for IReland, when I used the Central Park Address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭septicsac

Anyone know how long te fire 7 will stay at this price, is it just for today or until monday? Been waiting to see would the hd8 go on sale, but no sign yet and have 2 fire 7's waiting to be checked out in Amazon for Xmas gifts. Bet the minute I order the 7's then then 8's go on sale:rolleyes:

Advertisement