Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lyrath Estate or Newpark Hotel

Options
  • 18-06-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Myself and my boyfriend are heading down to Kilkenny for a few nights in July and trying to decide between Lyrath Estate and the Newpark Hotel for a couple of the nights. Both look really lovely but wondering if anyone has a particular preference for one or the other. Looking for a couple nights escape in nice surroundings for walks, and a nice leisure/spa area.

We were then thinking of spending our third night in a more central hotel where we wouldn't need taxis if we go out for a drink, looking at the Pembroke, Ormonde or Rivercourt. We aren't too fussed on having access to a pool or anything for that night as we plan to spend the day/evening out and about.

Any recommendations people have would be most welcome thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

If you stay in the Newpark, you could stay for the 3 nights. Walking distance to town. Nice hotel, food is excellent. BUT, it’s a family hotel, so in July it will be full of kids!!
    Lyrath is lovely, the grill restaurant is worth a visit. The hotel is not within walking distance of KK.
    I’d pick the Pembroke, if you want a night in town

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NiamhSB

Thanks a mil for your reply 1984baby! We booked the Lyrath Estate in the end as we got a great deal and you confirmed my fears that there could be lots of kids around in the Newpark.

Also went with the Pembroke, I had been leaning that way so was great to get a recommendation.

Thanks again!

Advertisement