Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taco Sauce

• 13-10-2006 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I know by reading some of the threads there are a lot of people here who like good food. And having read the eddie rockets thread about their burger sauce, i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make the taco sauce that is on Abrakebabra's Taco Fries.

Personally i think its

1 part mayo
    1 part tomato sauce
    dash tabasco
    and cayenne pepper.

I think everyone is probably guilty of devouring those blasted things on a drunken night out... i know i am :p

Thing is, my GF makes a class chilli, and the taco sauce is the missing ingredient for our homemade taco fries.

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Always get these after a night on the beer in town. I love it mmmm. It would be good to know how to make up there sauce alright but have you ever tried it sober???

I havent it could be horrible sober :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Well i've had just chips with chilli and cheese on them sober, and that was pretty sweet!

I'd never eat anything out of Abrakebabra sober! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

sofireland wrote:
    Well i've had just chips with chilli and cheese on them sober, and that was pretty sweet!

I'd never eat anything out of Abrakebabra sober! :)
    The bouncers in abras are there to stop sober people going in, then the secret would be out.

"sorry lads, I don't think you've had enough to drink, head round the corner and get a few more pints in and come back when you are plastered"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Lol,

Better food than Miccy D's, should try it sober...its delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

sofireland wrote:
    I know by reading some of the threads there are a lot of people here who like good food. And having read the eddie rockets thread about their burger sauce, i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make the taco sauce that is on Abrakebabra's Taco Fries.

Personally i think its

1 part mayo
    1 part tomato sauce
    dash tabasco
    and cayenne pepper.
    /QUOTE]

I was always wondering about how to make this. I remember a discussion about this with someone, there's something else, but I can't remember what it is :(

• Advertisement

Must be something else, but i'd say its not quite a marie rose, the tomato is only used as colouring, next time my gf makes chili i will make this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Its very hard to get that taco sauce right when making it, its made for abbrakebabra by Rich Sauces Ireland but maybe trade only not sure.

I see a lot of chip shops do Taco Fries now, they'd probably get the sauce from Rich Sauces aswell....

I'd look well, "A giant bucket of taco sauce please!"

Though you can buy little tubs in the chipper when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 steo800

BUMP!!!

so anyone got the recipe for taco fries from abrakebabra?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

You have to also put in 1 part soure cream with the mayo and ketchip. hmmmmmm I love taco fries. But every abra's tacos taste diff. My personal fav is the abra in Wexford town. yummmmy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

yummy would love to get this recipe the local chipper sells tubs of it and i spend a fortune on it!

i asked and they get it in pre-made:(

so come ono someone figure it out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

http://www.recipezaar.com/60254

Taco Bell rather than Abrakebabra, but seriously, if it's for taco chips you're not going to notice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I had toose taco fries for the first time recently and they were delicious. There was minced beef mixed up with the taco sauce though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrsclaireroche

:) mayonnaise infused with garlic, tomato and chilli. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

:) mayonnaise infused with garlic, tomato and chilli. :)

but how and in what measures?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,923 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

superquinn put a similar sauce on their chicken wraps from the deli,
    its likely made by the same copany (both defo premade),
    good news is superquinn will sell it to you in various sizes, from 50g tubs up to the 5kg tub they buy it in

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Well i gave this a bash last night and it turned out just o.k. No where near abrakebabra's though :(
    In a bowl I threw a bit of mayo, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, few dash's of tobasco, small bit of white vinegar and mixed it all up. The i added it to the cooked mince, all poured over some chips and sprinkled cheese on top.
    It was edible was disappointed overall with the result.
    Think i'll just go to abra the next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Missing ingredient is probably msg :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Missing ingredient is probably msg :eek:

you ould try helmans burger suace mixed with mayo... it seems similar enough
    :cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Darina

SERVES 4 -6 (change servings and units)

Change to: Servings US Metric
    1 2 3 4 5 clear stars

Write a Review! (optional)

SubmitCancel
    Ingredients
    1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1/3 cup water
    1/4 teaspoon chili powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
    1 1/2 teaspoons instant minced onion
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon sugar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭FGR

I know this will horrify you all but I was eating some Taco Fries today and found a hair in it.

I couldn't eat the rest. Was gutted...but shouldn't be surprised considering where I got them from.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i know it sounds a bit random... but my father actually created that sauce.. he is the southern ireland distributor for rich sauces.. started up the company too

PM me if you want his contact details

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

did anyone ever figure out this recipe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

did anyone ever figure out this recipe?

Mod note: I suggest you start a new thread, this one is ten years old :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement