Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

The plans we were shown had it in the corner of the cul de sac near the entrance to the new park. It looked like a separate building but with a similar aesthetic to the houses around it.

Do you mean on Rahillion Way? Did you view the updated plans at the showhouse or from the builders?

We have a deposit on a 3 bed for the next phase but haven't received the contracts yet so the uncertainty around the planning is a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

I had no idea there was so much uncertainty in the planning permission. I never saw a crèche in the plans or was it mentioned to us by the estate agent when we signed contracts. It makes me uncomfortable that we don't seem to know what the overall look of the estate is going to be especially as it is supposed to be a small estate. This was one of the reasons we bought here.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

gtj10 wrote: »
    Do you mean on Rahillion Way? Did you view the updated plans at the showhouse or from the builders?

We have a deposit on a 3 bed for the next phase but haven't received the contracts yet so the uncertainty around the planning is a bit worrying.

No, ours is Rahillion Walk. The estate agent had plans in the showhouse that showed a larger version of the estate compared to the version in the brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alexey

I've got call yesterday from Balisk. They just were calling to ask us whether do we have any questions or not :) So, I asked regarding Rahillion Drive houses, that man advised End of Feb or early March.
    I am wondering, whether has someone received such calls from Balisk?

Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

Does anyone have a picture of the updated estate plans. Agree with above that it worrying to have drastic changes made to the side of the estate. Creche was never mentioned to us either. I also can't see where they have space for it, if they keep the promised 5acre parkland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

In fingal county councils planning F14A/0033, it mentions a creche located in units 23, 29, and 63 to cater for 10 children. I read this in the archaeological assessment, page 2. This dates back to 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Murrey

I'm not happy about the crèche at all. The one in Beresford at the other side of town was supposed to only have 30 kids and first thing they did when they opened was apply for the numbers to be doubled. That means a constant flow of traffic picking up and collecting kids and cars parked all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

We noticed the 3 site provisions mentioned by the poster above in our contract. We queried it then with the builders before signing as we weren't keen on living near one of the three locations above at which point we were told it was now only one site in a later phase of the development

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 raja_s

elliot895 wrote: »
    We noticed the 3 site provisions mentioned by the poster above in our contract. We queried it then with the builders before signing as we weren't keen on living near one of the three locations above at which point we were told it was now only one site in a later phase of the development
    Hi elliot895, Where did you see the provisions in the contract ? There is no mention of it in my contract ?

raja_s wrote: »
    Hi elliot895, Where did you see the provisions in the contract ? There is no mention of it in my contract ?

Sorry for the delayed response don’t know how I missed your question! Our lawyer pointed the provisions out to us. I can’t remember the specific page it was on within the contract but I think it was at the beginning and then we queried the submission.

I know my response is quite vague but I honestly can’t remember where in the contract it was specifically.

Any one received any further updates? I see they have two days of showhouses on this weekend so me and my better half are heading out for a nosey and to take a few measurements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Hi All

Randomly just found this thread, myself my wife and my 3 year old son have a deposit on a 3 bed in Rahillion crescent, great to see a lot of families with young kids.

One quick thing, where about is the big park located, I know Donabate well but didn't realize there was a park there, is it up behind Rahillion Way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 November16

Hi All, we have also paid a deposit on a four bed on Rahillion Drive and are awaiting our contracts.

I'm just wondering for those of you who have already received contracts, does it stipulate in the contract that the management of the estate will be taken over by Fingal Co Co?

Thanks in advance

jester1980 wrote: »
    Hi All

Randomly just found this thread, myself my wife and my 3 year old son have a deposit on a 3 bed in Rahillion crescent, great to see a lot of families with young kids.

One quick thing, where about is the big park located, I know Donabate well but didn't realize there was a park there, is it up behind Rahillion Way?

Hi

There is a 5 acre park as part of this development. It is due to be built at the back of the estate as far as I am aware

Hi

There is a 5 acre park as part of this development. It is due to be built at the back of the estate as far as I am aware

Great stuff thanks Elliot

November16 wrote: »
    Hi All, we have also paid a deposit on a four bed on Rahillion Drive and are awaiting our contracts.

I'm just wondering for those of you who have already received contracts, does it stipulate in the contract that the management of the estate will be taken over by Fingal Co Co?

Thanks in advance

HI

I was actually going over contracts yesterday and did see that the estate will be handed over to the local council when complete. Don't think Fingal where mentioned by name.

Thanks

jester1980 wrote: »
    Hi All

The park is going to be located behind the estate towards the estuary. It will have a path leading up to it and then it's a big square area of green area with McAllisters mill at the centre of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

Does anyone have an updated picture of the estate they could post. Or anyone who's going out on Saturday could they take a picture of the plans and post it here. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Anyone know when 1st people are moving in? Was the 5 bed showhouse open this weekend? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

rcallagh wrote: »
    Anyone know when 1st people are moving in? Was the 5 bed showhouse open this weekend? Thanks

Would be surprised to see anyone in there before March/April given the pace of Development. Hope I'm wrong

dcresham wrote: »
    Would be surprised to see anyone in there before March/April given the pace of Development. Hope I'm wrong

We were told at the weekend that the first two houses will be filled pre-Christmas and it’s status quo for ours- march/April...when we initially signed contracts back in June we were told November so hoping March/April is worst case scenario

• Advertisement

Would be surprised to see anyone in there before March/April given the pace of Development.  Hope I'm wrong

We were told at the weekend that the first two houses will be filled pre-Christmas and it’s status quo for ours- march/April...when we initially signed contracts back in June we were told November so hoping March/April is worst case scenario
    We signed contracts for Rahillion Park in August. Initially told Feb - Apr when laying down initial €10K deposit. 
    Upon signing contracts the latest views was Apr - Jun.  Have followed other Developments we were interested in and process seems to just generally be slow across the board with many developers. They're not even near looking @ Rahillion Park yet we're we'll be so will be delighted with a move anytime before the end of next summer. Which will take it to probably over a year since laying don a deposit to moving in which in my eyes is ridiculous. 

From visiting/viewing the Dev, and it's progress it'd be a surprise to see folk moving in pre Xmas given work still needed on basic site access, and other amenities that the would probable need to be signed off by Fingal CC. 
    Have you or anyone else on here discussed fixtures and fittings. That's always an indicator that there's progress. 
    Again, I really really hope you're right mate and I'm mad off.

Would be surprised to see anyone in there before March/April given the pace of Development.  Hope I'm wrong

We signed contracts for Rahillion Park in August. Initially told Feb - Apr when laying down initial €10K deposit. 
    Upon signing contracts the latest views was Apr - Jun.  Have followed other Developments we were interested in and process seems to just generally be slow across the board with many developers. They're not even near looking @ Rahillion Park yet we're we'll be so will be delighted with a move anytime before the end of next summer. Which will take it to probably over a year since laying don a deposit to moving in which in my eyes is ridiculous. 

From visiting/viewing the Dev, and it's progress it'd be a surprise to see folk moving in pre Xmas given work still needed on basic site access, and other amenities that the would probable need to be signed off by Fingal CC. 
    Have you or anyone else on here discussed fixtures and fittings. That's always an indicator that there's progress. 
    We had booked in Rahillion Crescent, Was told that the pre-fab houses will be delivered to the site by December and we should be ready to move in by March/April 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 November16

We were at our house on Rahillion Drive about two weeks ago and it's well on. Kitchen and bathrooms in and walls painted. We were advised it will be ready for snagging in Jan and move in March which would seem realistic based on progress of house in recent weeks.

We were at our house on Rahillion drive on Sunday and likewise, on the inside it is pretty much done bar a bit of a deep cleaning job. They have put the blocks on the outside and have started the red brick at the front. They have also put in the foundations at the rear of the back garden for the fences so we can see how big the gardens will be. I feel it's really taking shape now. We were told Jan/Feb. I really hope it won't be too delayed at this stage.

Min89 wrote: »
    We were at our house on Rahillion drive on Sunday and likewise, on the inside it is pretty much done bar a bit of a deep cleaning job. They have put the blocks on the outside and have started the red brick at the front. They have also put in the foundations at the rear of the back garden for the fences so we can see how big the gardens will be. I feel it's really taking shape now. We were told Jan/Feb. I really hope it won't be too delayed at this stage.
    That's super to hear. Really hope you're right and that it does kick on quickly in Jan and beyond. Have you had reach out from the builder on Fixtures and fittings yet? Interested to see what the company is like to deal with what options are available.

All I've been told in relation to fixtures and fittings is what is in the showhouse, not including the wall paneling and the units in the sitting room. All kitchen, wardrobe units included, bathroom towel rails, bathroom under sink presses in upstairs bathrooms, the ceiling light fittings are the same as showhouse as in relation to where they are and how many.

All I've been told in relation to fixtures and fittings is what is in the showhouse, not including the wall paneling and the units in the sitting room. All kitchen, wardrobe units included, bathroom towel rails, bathroom under sink presses in upstairs bathrooms, the ceiling light fittings are the same as showhouse as in relation to where they are and how many.
    Yeah we were told that to, but were also advised during contract signing that we could chose other items outwith of those if we wanted at an extra cost of course. So was just curious to see if anyone had been engaged yet in the process to see what the company supplying was like to deal with. I think they mentioned it was Curtis Kitchens in Navan who were the supplier for the Kitchens anyways.

We visited Curtis kitchens back in August and made a couple of changes. Nothing major. I would imagine you would need to contact them quite soon if you wish to make changes, Curtis also do the wardrobes. I found them very helpful and professional. They have showrooms in Navan.

We visited Curtis kitchens back in August and made a couple of changes. Nothing major. I would imagine you would need to contact them quite soon if you wish to make changes, Curtis also do the wardrobes. I found them very helpful and professional. They have showrooms in Navan.
    I need to check for the white goods with them do they have any options ??

• Advertisement

Ah very useful to know, may I cheekily ask do you pay them for any difference in costs or is that something you sort out with the Developer?

Advertisement