Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Kayleen wrote: »
    I made this today and followed the recipe to the letter (apart from the 5 lemon grass stems)but it was really runny. I had to add cornflour which I don't like using as it makes it gloopy(is that even a word??:))
    Any advice....Lainy maybe you could help please

and while I think of it - I had never used Lemon Grass before and the recipe said use 5 but i just put in 1 as it seemed loads and quite strong.
    I chopped off both ends and sliced it finely (was that correct???????)
    Thanks in advance

I'm just learning too...I'm only cooking one portion so tweaked the quantities,
    I find i have to leave it simmer for ages to let the sauce reduce..takes fecking ages...which is why I only make it on Saturday nights cos i'm in no rush. and I'm only using 100ml of the coconut milk and about 50ml stock

I wasnted sure either about the lemongrass, like for one person, i just use one stem, and even tho i only went about half way up on it (i dont know if the entire stem is/can be used), and diced it really finely...I think tonight i added the lemongrass to late and it didnt cook fully :P I think next time i'll add the diced lemon grass at the start with the shallots.

what ever you do....Dont use "dried lemongrass". I used dried stuff last time....and it wasn't nice at all the curry it self turned out great...but the dried lemongrass was like sharp needles going thru the curry. Fresh stuff is way better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone sorry bout the rant earlier was just in bad mood... just finished my chips and spring roll yummy so worth the points and im stuffed ha ha:D... hope everyone is enjoying there wkend:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I'm just learning too...I'm only cooking one portion so tweaked the quantities,
    I find i have to leave it simmer for ages to let the sauce reduce..takes fecking ages...which is why I only make it on Saturday nights cos i'm in no rush. and I'm only using 100ml of the coconut milk and about 50ml stock

I wasnted sure either about the lemongrass, like for one person, i just use one stem, and even tho i only went about half way up on it (i dont know if the entire stem is/can be used), and diced it really finely...I think tonight i added the lemongrass to late and it didnt cook fully :P I think next time i'll add the diced lemon grass at the start with the shallots.

what ever you do....Dont use "dried lemongrass". I used dried stuff last time....and it wasn't nice at all the curry it self turned out great...but the dried lemongrass was like sharp needles going thru the curry. Fresh stuff is way better :)

Many thanks for that Lainy - I added it at the start and I let mine simmer for AGES, reckon I left it cooking for an hour and a half, definitely will only use one or two lemon grass in future as i think any more would make it way too strong. Nice Sat nite recipe tho:D

Really finding this thread useful but wish it was on the Irish WW Website and easy to follow (and search) like the UK one
    We will have to get a petition going to the Irish WW:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

hi would anyone know the pp in a cadburys caramel egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

jackmax wrote: »
    hi would anyone know the pp in a cadburys caramel egg?

its 5pp as far as i no:p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Thanks :D I just found a cadbury's website that you can search all their products and they give you the nutritional value :D

Found a WW recipe book in the book shop today "Cook Smart easy everyday" for €15.99 and all recipes are Pro Points - there were a few books in the range but all the others were the old points system.:(

Anyhow I made these cookies earlier and they are really nice:

Cranberry & Almond Cookies
    Makes 16 at 2 ProPoints each

These little cookies are soft and chewy when still warm, then they crisp up as they cool. Store in an airtight container

Ingredients:
    100g (3 & half oz) clear honey
    50g (1 & three quarter oz) low fat spread
    60g (2oz) dried cranberries
    15g (half oz) flaked almonds
    80g (3oz) porridge oats
    80g (3oz) self raising flour
    low fat cooking spray

Method:
    1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180C /fan oven 160C
    2. Put the honey and low fat spread in a small pan and heat gently until melted
    3. Mix the cranberries, almonds, porridge oats and flour together in a bowl, then pour in the honey mixture. Stir to bring together
    4. Spray a non stick baking tray with the cooking spray and spoon on the mixture in 16 mounds. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon
    5. Bake for 10 minutes until set and golden brown, then cool on a wire rack

37 Propoints per recipe
    85 calories per serving
    10 minutes to prepare
    10 minutes to bake
    Freezing not recommended

:D:DEnjoy:D:D

Kayleen wrote: »
    Found a WW recipe book in the book shop today "Cook Smart easy everyday" for €15.99 and all recipes are Pro Points - there were a few books in the range but all the others were the old points system.:(

Anyhow I made these cookies earlier and they are really nice:

Cranberry & Almond Cookies
    Makes 16 at 2 ProPoints each

These little cookies are soft and chewy when still warm, then they crisp up as they cool. Store in an airtight container

Ingredients:
    100g (3 & half oz) clear honey
    50g (1 & three quarter oz) low fat spread
    60g (2oz) dried cranberries
    15g (half oz) flaked almonds
    80g (3oz) porridge oats
    80g (3oz) self raising flour
    low fat cooking spray

Method:
    1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180C /fan oven 160C
    2. Put the honey and low fat spread in a small pan and heat gently until melted
    3. Mix the cranberries, almonds, porridge oats and flour together in a bowl, then pour in the honey mixture. Stir to bring together
    4. Spray a non stick baking tray with the cooking spray and spoon on the mixture in 16 mounds. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon
    5. Bake for 10 minutes until set and golden brown, then cool on a wire rack

37 Propoints per recipe
    85 calories per serving
    10 minutes to prepare
    10 minutes to bake
    Freezing not recommended

:D:DEnjoy:D:D

oooh yummy! Quick to make too! Where did you get the book? We're all cookie mad tonight!

Just bought it in a local book shop (not a chain one) be careful if you see the cause as I said it was the only one of the series (5 I think) that was ProPointed

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi Lainy,

I know you live in cork, me too. I was in porters in Douglas court shopping centre yesterday and they have a few different ww books. Not sure if they were all pro points but I know the one i looked at was. Check them out! They were all about the €15/16 price i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ugh those sun rice things are so addictive. Have had 3 already... Thank god they are only 2PP.

This thread has being very quiet this weekend. (For once haha) Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and is still on the wagon.. (or half on lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

feelin very hungry 2nite 4 some reason???have dailies and some weeklies used already!

I think its the weird cold thats around tonight....cars out the front were frozen over at 8.30 tonight. cold = hunger!

I'm just finished working on college stuff....started about 11 this morning....so i think its bed for me...or i will end up raiding the fridge! Just doing out tomorrows meals before bed :) Fish and potatoes i think :)

For anyone with a sweet tooth....just discovered that Cream Egg Ice Cream Cones (115g) is only 4pp :) yum yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Anotha reallt good day,even drank riduclous amounts of water but another crap night once i got into work :mad: seriously need to get a new job where i dont hav constant acess to food! GOin to bed a very cross lady:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Love the vids! It'll be great having an actual weight watchers reviewing the books...i'm sure you'll be bombarded with questions :P cos sometimes i buy those ww books and then only find a couple of the recipes are good..and the rest are wasted....

sometimes it takes that BIG wake up call on the scales to get ya back on track. Had my weight in this morning...oh god it was laughable...but i ate all round me last night and yesterday is it was expected...but got the binge out of my system and back on track today...totally focused and "in the zone" so to speak LOL

six weeks left in college...want to get that half stone off! and hit the ground running this summer!

Thanks a million!! Yeah they look great so far! Going to cook something from them during the week and make a vid on it!!

Definitely I've been so good all week so far, got eddie rockets tonight but had the points for it! Really feel back on track!!

Sometimes you need to just get it out of your system like you said and have it over with. You're doing fab! Keep it up!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm only logging on to get sympathy for my hangover, because my boyf won't give me any!

had a big long message written but I deleted it by accident. I possibly could still be drunk coz I can't even remember what I wrote.

Anyway, it was my best friend's 30th last night and we had copious amounts of shots and the night ended in the chipper. seriously in bits today.
    Think I might need t make some of those lovely treats that Lady Lainy posted yesterday to satisfy my sugar cravings later! I had bought some low fat crisps in anticipation :D

ProPoints® Value: 10
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 30 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

This popular Indian dish features the bold flavours of yogurt, lime and ginger plus a seasoned, creamy tomato sauce.

Ingredients
    160 g Yogurt, Virtually Fat Free, Plain
    1 tablespoons Lime Juice, Fresh
    1 teaspoons (grated) Ginger, Root
    2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
    2 teaspoons (level) Cumin, Ground
    1 teaspoons (level) Coriander, Dried
    500 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, cut into 4cm cubes
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 individual Chilli, Red, deseeded, finely chopped
    1/2 teaspoons (level) Paprika
    250 g Tomato Purèe
    250 ml Milk, Evaporated, Light
    2 tablespoons Coriander, Fresh, chopped
    300 g Rice, White, Easy Cook, Boiled, preferably Basmati

Instructions
    Combine yogurt, lime juice, ginger, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp cumin, coriander and chicken in a large bowl. Stir to coat. Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.

Preheat grill pan over high heat. Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.

Skewer chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers. Grill for 3-4 minutes each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.

(Soaking wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes will prevent charring)

Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add remaining garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute. Add cumin and paprika and stir, adding a little water if necessary to prevent sticking. Add tomato puree and evaporated milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring for 5 minutes.

Remove grilled chicken from skewers. Add to tomato mixture and simmer for 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in coriander. Serve the chicken on top of the rice.

Notes
    This is quite a detailed recipe, but you can make most of it in advance. Marinate the chicken and refrigerate overnight; this will impart an even better flavour. Cook the rice the day before and refrigerate. Simply reheat in the microwave before serving!

I didnt actually know there was a range of books available in shops!

here is a great site i use all the time when buying travel books for my mum, they offer FREE DELIVERY which is great cos travel books tend to be heavy!

tonnes of weight watchers books on the site, some are points some are propoints! but it gives the year and month of publication so it should be easy to work out which ....and anyways....i think alot of the old recipes are still pretty good..POINTS recipes are still going to be healthy and low in fat...

Books published from roughly November 2010 will be in propoints but DO CHECK

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=weight+watchers&search=search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all, havent had time to post over the last couple of days, but been reading all the posts. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, WW wise and otherwise! Lainey all those cookie recipes look fab, I'm gonna make the Toblerone one during week, would be handy to have one wrapped in the car in case I met a friend for a coffee etc.

I havent been too bad this weekend, have kept within my points, but feel I am not putting enough effort into my meals, and am settling for whatever is there and just pointing it. I really need to get cooking. I have been drinking my 2L of water everyday though and I now realise why water is good for weightloss..your running to the loo all the time, good exercise!!!! I just hope it shows on the scales on Wednesday. Think I will spend the afternoon sorting out my meal plan for the week, and go through all the recipes here!

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all, havent had time to post over the last couple of days, but been reading all the posts. Hope everyone is having a good weekend, WW wise and otherwise! Lainey all those cookie recipes look fab, I'm gonna make the Toblerone one during week, would be handy to have one wrapped in the car in case I met a friend for a coffee etc.

I havent been too bad this weekend, have kept within my points, but feel I am not putting enough effort into my meals, and am settling for whatever is there and just pointing it. I really need to get cooking. I have been drinking my 2L of water everyday though and I now realise why water is good for weightloss..your running to the loo all the time, good exercise!!!! I just hope it shows on the scales on Wednesday. Think I will spend the afternoon sorting out my meal plan for the week, and go through all the recipes here!

yeah i know what you mean....like i was getting really bored with what i was eating...so it wasnt satisfying...so what i'm trying to do now every now and then is pick up a new ingredient and come up with way to use it. Have a tin of tesco light choices evaporated milk in the press...trying to think of what i can use it in. And have half a tin of light coconut milk from the other night in the fridge too...so trying to get creative!

Bordeom in general is lethal! but but boredom with the food can also lead to trouble! I think over easter hols i'm going to make a massive batch of cookies and freeze them. My real exams start 4th of may...so having a giant stash of low point cookies might just be a life saver. and also going to pack the freezer with dinners. lots of cottage pies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

yeah i know what you mean....like i was getting really bored with what i was eating...so it wasnt satisfying...so what i'm trying to do now every now and then is pick up a new ingredient and come up with way to use it. Have a tin of tesco light choices evaporated milk in the press...trying to think of what i can use it in. And have half a tin of light coconut milk from the other night in the fridge too...so trying to get creative!

Bordeom in general is lethal! but but boredom with the food can also lead to trouble! I think over easter hols i'm going to make a massive batch of cookies and freeze them. My real exams start 4th of may...so having a giant stash of low point cookies might just be a life saver. and also going to pack the freezer with dinners. lots of cottage pies!

Was just about to suggest that you try make up and freeze some dinners for the weeks your doing the exams, will be one less thing to worry about for you.

I am just not creative in the kitchen at all! I dont particularly like cooking and look it as a big chore, I would clean and iron all day long to avoid cooking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Ever just get the munchies? Yup thats me right now - decided to have my dins early - having 100pp half pizza from ristoronte - only cokking one half because coulkd well see myself eating the whole lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

This is my first time to post on here, i have been in weight watchers too many times to count and i find since iv joined back its been a struggle of one week up, one week down then staying the same but since iv come on here i find its a great motivation to keep going and put more effort in... ill be addicted now :D thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Think Il take a day off for Patricks day - us teachers have to work the day after :( heading out anyways with the other half and his work mates so think Il take a evening off, hope it wont do that much damage - looking foward to it now - my 1st time ever to use my weeklys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

m'lady wrote: »

Thanks for that website, going to have a look now.

Know what you mean re: dinner. I just can't seem to get ahead of myself enough tho to have time to create nice, tasty dinners.
    Most of us here are probably working full-time and I know myself that when I get home at 6.30, I'm sooooo hungry and tired that I just want something quick and easy.

Thai Green Chicken Kebabs :P (using left over coconut milk)

I had like 280ml of Light Coconut Milk left (6pp)
    1 Decent spoon full of Green Curry Paste (2pp)
    2 finely diced shallots,
    dash of ground ginger,
    dash of dried corriander leaves,

Diced a Chicken breast into chunks, and going to marinade the chicken over ngiht in the above marinade,

I've never done kebabs before, but found some metal skewers in the press
    ( i think my mum uses them for testing cakes)

Most of the marinade is technically going to be thrown out,
    planning on just holding onto about 100ml of it, so thats really only about 4pp,

Prob going to do the kebabs under the grill,

in a small saucepan prob going to heat the 100ml reserved marinade till it kinda thickens a lil,

Going to serve kebabs over boiled rice,
    and pour the sauce over the top

So on the actual plate will be:
    1 Large Chicken Breast (4pp)
    100ml marinade/sauce (4pp)
    80g (dried) Boiled Brown rice (7pp)

Total = 15pp

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Creamy Chicken Pasta 11pp/serving
    Serves 4

1 tbsp plain flour
    2 x 165g chicken breast, cut into chunks.
    2 tbsp olive oil
    225g dried tagliatelle
    100g mange tout, sliced
    I courgette, chopped
    300ml skimmed milk
    1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
    1 tsp mixed dried Italian herbs
    2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped finely
    Salt and pepper
    1 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese

• Sprinkle the flour on to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Roll the chicken pieces in this mixture
    • Heat the olive oil in a large, non stick frying pan and add the chicken pieces. Cook for about 6-8 mins, turning often, until brown.
    • Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle for about 8 mins, until tender. At the same time, cook the mange tout with the courgette in a little water for about 5 mins.
    • Add the milk, stock cube and mixed herbs to the chicken and stir until just boiling. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.

have a long weekend next week cos of paddys day...so planning on taking over the kitchen...

does anyone know if you can get low fat butter milk? found a recipe for lemon and poppy seed muffins (4pp each) and calls for 300ml of buttermilk....would it make such a huge difference if i swopped it for avanmore slimline....or is there a low fat buttermilk out there?

thansk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Feeling very down in the dumps at the minute :( Just back from my niece's birthday party and although I didn't go madly overboard, I'm feeling like I totally wasted my points!

I had three triangle salad sandwiches (2 had egg in them though), 2 iced rings, 1 cherry bakewell tart and a slice of birthday cake. I pointed it all at 22pp. Does that sound right to everyone? I'm now 4 points over my dailies and even though it's only 4, it's only 6pm so I know I'll be hungry later on! I just feel like it wasn't worth it. Even when I was eating the cake, I was thinking "this isn't worth it" but I still ate it because no one knows I'm on WW and I didn't want them asking why I wasn't having any. This is the first time since starting on WW that I've fallen off the wagon and I just feel cat!

I'm going to try to be good later on and have a bowl of 1pp soup and some fruit salad with yogurt (1pp). Just feel very let down with myself at the mo because I was so good last week and made such good progress :(:(

Sorry for the pity rant

• Advertisement

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Feeling very down in the dumps at the minute :( Just back from my niece's birthday party and although I didn't go madly overboard, I'm feeling like I totally wasted my points!

I had three triangle salad sandwiches (2 had egg in them though), 2 iced rings, 1 cherry bakewell tart and a slice of birthday cake. I pointed it all at 22pp. Does that sound right to everyone? I'm now 4 points over my dailies and even though it's only 4, it's only 6pm so I know I'll be hungry later on! I just feel like it wasn't worth it. Even when I was eating the cake, I was thinking "this isn't worth it" but I still ate it because no one knows I'm on WW and I didn't want them asking why I wasn't having any. This is the first time since starting on WW that I've fallen off the wagon and I just feel cat!

I'm going to try to be good later on and have a bowl of 1pp soup and some fruit salad with yogurt (1pp). Just feel very let down with myself at the mo because I was so good last week and made such good progress :(:(

Sorry for the pity rant

how can you be over your dailies...the minimum dailies anyone can be on is 29pp i thought...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement