Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is your favorite type of World Cuisine?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pretty much everything from the Asian continent can go straight into my gob!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Indian hands down. The quality you get from Indian places and take always is generally very good and the prices are reasonable for what you get.

Used to love Chinese but the fare in recent years is disappointing and poor. Good Chinese eateries are are hard to find now.

After Indian, Italian. So much variety so there really is something to suit everyone’s taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cuisine de France

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

hard to find an indian which isnt run by a Pakistani or Bangladeshi

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I saw this on BBC Scotland comedy show last night.

You do the edit later on and change to the question to "who are you most racist against?" and watch what happens next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Indian hands down. The quality you get from Indian places and take always is generally very good and the prices are reasonable for what you get.

Used to love Chinese but the fare in recent years is disappointing and poor. Good Chinese eateries are are hard to find now.

After Indian, Italian. So much variety so there really is something g to suit everyone’s taste.

The issue with Chinese is that many places serve deep fried food that has very little in common with actual Chinese.
    But the good thing is, it's easy to learn cooking half decent Chinese food yourself and the ingredients are easy enough to source.

I love curries and most spicy food. Indian would be my first choice, then Mexican, then Italian. I also make a lot of American classics because Le Chap is an Americulchie and loves his stodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

twinytwo wrote: »
    Authentic greek is ****ing amazing

A lot of these foods will depend on where you are having them. Like iv had pizza in italy that is unmatched by any pizza iv had here. Just like a lot of mexican food is actually "tex mex" rather than authentic mexican

Hear this ****e all the time. A weak attempt to appear sophisticated .Have been to italy countless times and i think some of the pizzas I've had here in bars have been better than anything I've had there.la tana in Cork does a better pizza than anything ive had in italy. I'm shocked by some of the low standard food I've gotten in italy. To get a really fantastic meal you have to pay top money.maybe it's because their ingredients are of a lower quality to ours.

Even our breakfast and Sunday dinners etc are pretty much carbon copy of the Brits with minor differences. It's funny how France and Italy has so many culinary classics that were peasant staples but we have feck all.

Like tripe and drisheen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'd normally say Indian but when pushed I'd really say Chinese.

And when I say Chinese, I mean our Chinese. I don't care how many blowhard ***** have backpacked around or lived in Asia. These threads are like moths to those **** flames.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

For me it's a tossup between Ethiopian or Vietnamese with Indian, Ecuadorian, and Spanish also pushing close to them.

Ethiopian food is incredible and unique.
    A bit platter of Injera served with fit fit, shiro, doro wat, tibsi, zigni, and some veggies and greens washed down with a big glass of Tej and finished with some good fresh roasted coffee is one of life's great pleasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'd normally say Indian but when pushed I'd really say Chinese.

And when I say Chinese, I mean our Chinese. I don't care how many blowhard ***** have backpacked around or lived in Asia. These threads are like moths to those **** flames.

My sentiments entirely.

I love my own cuisine these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭volchitsa

1) Lebanese (which isn't on the list, and I guess Syrian is probably similar)
    2) Indian.

Nothing else comes close IMO. Though I don't think I've tasted Ethiopian.

Now what about countries with terrible food?
    I can name a couple but I think I'll start a thread for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Mainly Italian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

It isn’t a fry without beans.

volchitsa wrote: »
    1) Lebanese (which isn't on the list, and I guess Syrian is probably similar)
    2) Indian.

Nothing else comes close IMO. Though I don't think I've tasted Ethiopian.

Now what about countries with terrible food?
    I can name a couple but I think I'll start a thread for it. :)

Lebanese is unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wheres polish eh !

Polish is on the thread for terrible food. Sorry. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

volchitsa wrote: »
    Polish is on the thread for terrible food. Sorry. ;)

if you think that you're doing it wrong

if you think that you're doing it wrong

Except I've never cooked it in my life, so not me, guv. :)

TBF I've eaten well at restaurants in Poland, but I just don't like their everyday cooking, a lot of cold meat and stodgy stuff, and not much in the way of vegetables. But like I say, it's not a question of fault, I think it's really to do with climate - it's not surprising South Asia has fabulous food, with all the fruit and veg that grows there, and spices too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Thai

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whodini

HBC08 wrote: »
    I thought the same.I lived in Korea for 10 years,been back in Ireland about 5 years now and am always on the lookout for a good Korean restaurant. Theres some half way decent ones in Dublin but nothing special.Ive taken to importing some staple ingredients and giving it a go myself (i never once cooked in Korea!) very mixed results so far!

Agree! Korean should be an option in the poll. Wonderfully varied cuisine.
    Lived there ten years too and back 7. Really miss the food. We buy kimchi, gochujang etc in Korean shop. Also recently discovered Brothers Dosirak on Capel street, it’s good! Some of the older places have disimproved and are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭HBC08

whodini wrote: »
    Agree! Korean should be an option in the poll. Wonderfully varied cuisine.
    Lived there ten years too and back 7. Really miss the food. We buy kimchi, gochujang etc in Korean shop. Also recently discovered Brothers Dosirak on Capel street, it’s good! Some of the older places have disimproved and are expensive.

Ha, if you were Irish and in Seoul we probably know each other!

I have gochujang and kimchi brought over from London. It's tinned kimchi which isn't great as a side dish but worked well in some bokimbap.
    Have tried most of the places in Dublin at some stage ( I live in the west) others in the UK, US etc.Ive still never found good galbi outside of Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭twinytwo

smurgen wrote: »
    Hear this ****e all the time. A weak attempt to appear sophisticated .Have been to italy countless times and i think some of the pizzas I've had here in bars have been better than anything I've had there.la tana in Cork does a better pizza than anything ive had in italy. I'm shocked by some of the low standard food I've gotten in italy. To get a really fantastic meal you have to pay top money.maybe it's because their ingredients are of a lower quality to ours.

I never said you wouldn't get crap pizza in italy... and yes it depends where you go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Scottish cuisine and it's many exotic shades of brown.

Advertisement