Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV shows you’d love to see return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

The Golden Girls

Was that on RTE? I got into it through talk in an absinthe forum about the character Gotz who drank the stuff, love it, so different to Lost and others from around the same time 2004/2005. I also have the attraction to it from working festival events which always incorporate carnivals too, well the twister and big wheel anyway. Carnivale is like the original 'on the road' festival that gladdened the hearts of the Okies trying to survive the dustbowl depression years.

I'm not sure if it was shown on RTE but I think it's the same one you remember. I first watched it on DVD rented from Laser on Georges St. That was a great shop. The absinthe drinking character was called Lodz. A strange show but I loved it. I'm a fan of anything that explores odd goings on, particularly in small town America. American Gothic was another good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Big Break
    Gladiators
    London's Burning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Babewatch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

ReBoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Vids on ch4, mtvs most wanted with ray cokes and MTV party zone with Simone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Bullseye :)

Keep outta the Black and stay in the Red.............:P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Three More Big Sleeps

Love to see Due South return (with the original Ray).

Maybe Quantum Leap, even if it was a reboot, as long as Scott got to be in the first episode passing along the baton as it where, great show.

Due South: Wasn't I only checking IMDb yesterday to suss out if there was a musical episode or - entirely possible - I'm losing my mind? Either way, loved it. Also, Paul Gross has aged magnificently well.

Quantum Leap: splendid altogether. More recently, Scott played Jake's father (via phone) in "Source Code". Seamlessly, they managed to get an "Oh, boy," in there which only folks of your and my vintage will have gotten.

Back to thread: "Scrubs" with the original cast: tears and laughter in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

Movies, games and videos

Faulty Towers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Cathy & Teresa’s World of Big Boobs, used to be on the old “Men & Motors” channel.

Phenomenal show.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

You could get all that craft stuff on YouTube. You don't need to wait for a TV show to be scheduled anymore. There will be endless YouTube videos on hand crafts.

Re reality TV. Love island starts again next week so buckle up for another 3 months of reality TV being in the front of people's minds.
    Love Island is a load of teenybopper bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nowhere Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

No Disco.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Corner Gas

Detectorists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Buffy!!!

With original cast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Was that on RTE? I got into it through talk in an absinthe forum about the character Gotz who drank the stuff, love it, so different to Lost and others from around the same time 2004/2005. I also have the attraction to it from working festival events which always incorporate carnivals too, well the twister and big wheel anyway. Carnivale is like the original 'on the road' festival that gladdened the hearts of the Okies trying to survive the dustbowl depression years.

I think Carnivale was on TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Dick Dietrichs “Night Stand”

The Punisher on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The Time Tunnel.

I loved that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Famous Five

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bullseye :)

Keep outta the Black and stay in the Red.............:P
    "Nothing in this game for two in a bed!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Craggo wrote: »
    Keeping up appearances

God this was so funny loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

There was a few programes on rte where Charlie Bird was interviewing people who went through
    tragedies in their lives.
    one was the sinking of a fishing boat the other was The Mc Brearty familly in Donegal telling how they coped with been framed for murder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Rubicon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Boston Legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    A modern and more sexed up version of Glenroe.

More sexed up? That thing was filthy.
    Miley and Fidelma rolling in the hay was the cause of many digestive biscuits being lost in cups of tea!

Even now I can only watch it on incognito mode on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Dick Dietrichs “Night Stand”

That and Son of the Beach.

Oooh, The Critic! I'm suddenly remembering shows that used to be on The End.

Another one, The End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

The end was mad stuff, how did rte ever allow it?

The end was mad stuff, how did rte ever allow it?

Spent many a night in my early teenage years laughing at that show. It was as if RTE deliberately made it as a gateway show to cannabis.

Moncrieff's next show is another that deserves a mention, Don't Feed The Gondolas. I'm sure its already been said on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Tfi friday, but keep it as laddish and boorish as possible, which means it will never happen.
    Eurotrash
    The Adam and joe show

Basically channel 4 fri nights from the 90s

• Advertisement

They tried bringing back TFIF, R. It did not go well.

Would love to see Adam and Joe back too.

Advertisement