Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Peig here still has no electricity!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In the home house in Tipp. Dropped the car to the lads who do car electrics to fix my passenger door and am now wondering what I should do to occupy myself as mam isn’t up and won’t be for quite a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

On Weston Super-Mare prom, enjoying final few hours of hols, before back to reality.

Can someone press pause on the clock, so Tuesday doesn't come.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Time to get productive here , clothes folded to be put upstairs , then wash the floors .

After coffee though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Off for a walk to the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Waiting patiently for the washing to dry on the line before the heavens decide to open. Then shower, foot and face masks and a nice chicken caesar salad for lunch.

• Grandeeod wrote: »
    Off for a walk to the shops.

I predict that you'll stop off for a refreshment lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@kitty, what’s up with the car ?

Sitting waiting on passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

At home with that Sunday sense of foreboding. 4 day week though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

smurfjed wrote: »
    @kitty, what’s up with the car ?

Sitting waiting on passengers.

Passenger door doesn’t unlock with the key, it needs to be opened from the inside so I’m hoping they’ll be able to sort that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Damn this broken sleep nonsense :mad:

I predict that you'll stop off for a refreshment lol.

Came straight back.:D Have a nice piece of beef in the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Only properly awake now after ONE anti histamine late Saturday night (well it was actually early Sunday morning - alcohol didn't help, although I didn't have much to drink Saturday night). Mother of god I was going around like a zombie. Kept nodding off. Now I'm finally refreshed and feeling good! (Such a lightweight!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Damn this broken sleep nonsense :mad:
    You know what to do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I'm in a hotel room in scheveningen. Was supposed to go on a hot air balloon for a few hours yesterday but it was two windy, went down to beach and we done a kite boarding class instead. Fückin brilliant, but me arms are bolloxed today. Hangover isn't helping either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Raconteuse wrote: »
    You know what to do. ;)

Looked it up ... seems to be prescription only ? :(

( https://www.hpra.ie/homepage/medicines/medicines-information/find-a-medicine/results?query=Xyzal&field= )

@Grem, I'm an expert in fragmented sleep :P its not much fun & long term not survivable. Do you get to dream ? ( not asking what about now so please dont let on :D )
    I'm indoors, hiding from the triffids - they more or less won the first round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am getting started on making tomorrow's hangover.

Grapes in the freezer please barman.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Deskside, in an utter panic. I've just been offer two interviews in two cities at opposite ends of the UK for next Monday and Tuesday; both require me to send the full text of half hour lectures plus power points by 12pm Friday on different topics, neither of which I am well versed in. Already have an interview for Thursday (in France, but on Skype) that I barely have time to prepare for because I'm working 8am-6:30 tomorrow and Wednesday (and also Friday). So panic panic panic because apparently employers don't realise that people might have lives.

I'll make myself a cup of chamomile tea as soon as I get down off the ceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

House bound because I fractured my leg falling down stairs. Going crazy at this point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This is the sort of bank holiday I'm used to, grim grey trot to work side..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Feet up after a busy day. Lots of visitors. Place is like Central Station!

• I just watched "When Michael met Davy" absolutely brilliant, a fantastic young boy and Davy is brilliant, I was bawling at the end its just such a feel good watch,one of the best things I've watched in ages.

Did I enjoy my first August Bank Holiday weekend off in a few years? Did I have it alone without Mrs G and Little G? Did I have fun? Did I eat and drink myself stupid? Did I spend it at home and local to all I know? Did I watch retro stuff on Youtube/Netlix? Did I not leave the toilet seat up after a wee? Did I not do the washing up every night? Did I not make the bed?

Yes to all those questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back in Dublandia, almost back to reality.

Trek back home now.

0lddog wrote: »

@Grem, I'm an expert in fragmented sleep :P its not much fun & long term not survivable. Do you get to dream ? ( not asking what about now so please dont let on :D )

Oops only spotting this now. I'm ok in that i usually get one longish sleep a week.. My brain does call a halt and refuse to let me physically carry on.. Oh and i dream alright, fecking exhausting they are sometimes.

Lads! It's Tuesday tomorrow. A Monday morning really.:eek: If you leave your windows open, you'll hear lots of car traffic as peeps head to work. My bin lorry is due in the morning before the back to work folk. I'm working from home and looking forward to it for a change!

8am at the tech desk.

Couch side, hoping the next 4 days go as quickly as the long weekend.

Be careful out there folks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Couch side, hoping the next 4 days go as quickly as the long weekend.

Be careful out there folks! :P

That sounds ominous.....

RMAOK wrote: »
    That sounds ominous.....
    Just paraphrasing Hill Street Blues! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Checks her cameras ;) everything seems to be ok :)

Couchside watching my favourite man :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement