Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,089 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Brilliant!
    It's actually the far left side he's up against that's full of hate

yeah and your end of the spectrum is all about the love.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

20Cent wrote: »
    Another grifter cashing in on gullible alt right q anon types.

That's exactly what he is. He has/had a crowdfunder/kickstarter to build an office/granny flat out his mother's back garden to keep his 'videos' going.

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1098929577525678083

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1098942762114826241

• Registered Users Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He has an Irexit conference on his channel. About 15 people in the audience at the conference. Apparently the health service, people on trolleys, suicide, mental health issues, immigration and fluoride in drinking water are all the EU's fault.

And the description has 7 different ways to give money to Rowan Croft.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I don't debate anything you say there, all I'm saying is that he commits fully to what he believes in. That's not a mental health thing :)
    A rational run of the mill conversation can be had with him besides what you see on his channel or in the looney side of media. :)

I direct you to the post directly above yours. That's what happens when we both reply at the same time.

Although, I would disagree with you when you said committing fully isn't a mental health issue. It could be. If he believes in something factually false and demonstratable untrue, and commits to it, it could be a sign of some kind of mental illness. I'm not saying he is mentally unwell, I'm just saying that committing fully doesn't disprove anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I think your dealing here with someone with incredibly extreme beliefs.

Nice to see youre on your meds Winny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think your dealing here with someone with incredibly extreme beliefs.

I suppose l leave the mods to this like before.

Good luck.

I suppose l leave the mods to this like before.

Good luck.

Lol. User who makes snarky mocking comments to other posters and about other people, always fails to address anyone's points and then cries to the mods when someone does the same thing to him. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Lol. User who makes snarky mocking comments to other posters and about other people and then cries to the mods when someone does the same thing to him. :pac:

A right crybaby. Winny should do a cycle of some winny.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,482 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Cienciano wrote: »
    About 15 people in the audience at the conference.

Boggles wrote: »
    Cienciano wrote: »
    About 15 people in the audience at the conference.

And not even bloody Sue Cook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lol. User who makes snarky mocking comments to other posters and about other people, always fails to address anyone's points and then cries to the mods when someone does the same thing to him. :pac:

This gran Torino guy demonstrably has extreme beliefs. If you only think one of them is so, it is because you agree with the other extreme beliefs. Which means you hold some extreme beliefs.

If your only response to that is a personal attack on someone, let's just say it doesn't really do much to disprove their assertion.

Billy86 wrote: »
    This gran Torino guy demonstrably has extreme beliefs.

Him and about 5 billion others could be described as having extreme beliefs.

Billy86 wrote: »
    This gran Torino guy demonstrably has extreme beliefs. If you only think one of them is so, it is because you agree with the other extreme beliefs. Which means you hold some extreme beliefs.

If your only response to that is a personal attack on someone, let's just say it doesn't really do much to disprove their assertion.

Two things:

1: The comment "extreme views" is rhetoric. It's meant to dismiss the lad making the comment, rather than address the comment itself, which is that, despite Torino's views on certain things, he has done good work; some great interviews and filming the migrant scandals that are occurring across the country.

2: Winny addressed me. He didn't have to. Otherwise I wouldn't have replied to him. Also he has a record of calling multiple posters who didn't agree with him: snivelling little shìts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109424754&postcount=342

The original comment seems to have been deleted though? Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

This is all your own doing pumpkin. This second you've done this now. The first time didn't work out for you.

As I said goodluck with your future endeavours.

You do have extreme views. You post boards for all to see.

This is all your own doing pumpkin. This second you've done this now. The first time didn't work out for you.

As I said goodluck with your future endeavours.

You do have extreme views. You post boards for all to see.

Cowardly posting from yourself, your well able to abuse posters when it suits you. But when it happens to you, you start crying about it. Man up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Banned.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Banned.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Birneybau wrote: »
    And not even bloody Sue Cook

Did they get a free wagon wheel?

Did he give himself the nickname?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

QAnon conspiracies are not something intelligent people believe in. Torino subscribes to the bat**** conspiracy.

batgoat wrote: »
    QAnon conspiracies are not something intelligent people believe in. Torino subscribes to the bat**** conspiracy.

Only a matter of time before some idiot goes looking for the basement in a basementless-pizzeria here. Or something to that effect anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Clint Eastwood would wipe the floor with him.

I really think he would :)

474011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,482 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Anyone willingly filling their heads with that charlatans nonsense or giving him money probably need an emergency intervention from family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,724 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I know Rowan. He's not a nutter. He's just very commited to what he does.

Maybe not a nutter. An extreme hatemonger though.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 SKILFUL

Maybe not a nutter. An extreme hatemonger though.

The liberal elites are afraid of Gran Torino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

SKILFUL wrote: »

Elites? I doubt they know his name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

SKILFUL wrote: »

They are afraid of everyone who disagrees with them. Illiberal liberals.

statesaver wrote: »
    They are afraid of everyone who disagrees with them. Illiberal liberals.

Why would anybody be afraid of somebody that nobody had heard of before this thread started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

These guys only exist in Social Media like this- no one important gives a Fcuk who they are

lbc2019 wrote: »
    These guys only exist in Social Media like this- no one important gives a Fcuk who they are

Most of us unimportant people dont either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Why would anybody be afraid of somebody that nobody had heard of before this thread started?

I had to google the fecker.

Advertisement