Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal Wedding

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

It's Donegal, they will probably conceive their first child in the back of a Twincam going sideways around a cone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

It's Donegal, they will probably conceive their first child in the back of a Twincam going sideways around a cone.

Welded diff boi

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They were having the wedding they wanted by the looks of it

They will be burning a different rubber tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

houseplant wrote: »
    http://www.donegaldaily.com/2015/06/03/gardai-launch-investigation-after-video-emerges-of-cars-difffing-around-newly-married-couple/

Can't seem to locate the video anymore, maybe someone else can find it? What were these idiots thinking.

Compared to driving down some boreen in Donegal at night, I'd say nobody was too worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Says a lot about the inbreeding in that part of the world ,where people think that posting the video/details on social media is a good thing ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Says a lot about the inbreeding in that part of the world ,where people think that posting the video/details on social media is a good thing ...
    Yeah, like no one anywhere else posts stupid crap on the web that highlights the depressing level of their ignorance.:)

Yeah, like no one anywhere else posts stupid crap on the web that highlights the depressing level of their ignorance.:)

Donegal just has a higher proportion than most.

Donegal just has a higher proportion than most.
    Says the self confessed sheep shagger.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

Little known fact.
    The roads in Donegal were once white....the tar-like black colour is in fact
    the remains of many many Michelin's ..

• Advertisement

Little known fact.
    Oh the hilarity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Little known fact.

That's the liberal multui-culturalists for ye, destroyin our native culture....

And people wonder why second hand cars from Donegal are treated like ticking time bombs. A general lack of common sense and gombeen hi jinks from the locals in respect to cars has destroyed any confidence for potential buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Any chance of a link that doesn't lead to a paywall?

And people wonder why second hand cars from Donegal are treated like ticking time bombs. A general lack of common sense and gombeen hi jinks from the locals in respect to cars has destroyed any confidence for potential buyers.
    Any eejit buying a twincam from any county needs their head seen to. DL cars are for the most part well maintained and looked after, you don't live in a county with fcuk all public transport without a reliable means of getting yourself about. But stupid generalisations and petty small minded prejudices means we can keep all the decent yocks to ourselves, so it's all good.:)

Any eejit buying a twincam from any county needs their head seen to. DL cars are for the most part well maintained and looked after, you don't live in a county with fcuk all public transport without a reliable means of getting yourself about. But stupid generalisations and petty small minded prejudices means we can keep all the decent yocks to ourselves, so it's all good.:)

Ask anyone in the car trade, buying a car from Donegal is best avoided at all costs.

There are unmolested twincams out there, definitely would not go to Donegal for one though.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Any chance of a link that doesn't lead to a paywall?
    There isn't any. Video no longer exists either. Wouldn't be the first story Donegal Daily 'embellished'.

Did I imagine all those donut tracks all over the roads of Cork at the weekend?

Ask anyone in the car trade, buying a car from Donegal is best avoided at all costs.
    Ah the car trade, the bastions of honesty and integrity. Must be true so.:)

• Advertisement

There isn't any. Video no longer exists either. Wouldn't be the first story Donegal Daily 'embellished'.

My hacker skillz got me through it in the end (incognito mode in chrome). Do they consider living in Dublin to be a move abroad now?

McGaggs wrote: »
    My hacker skillz got me through it in the end (incognito mode in chrome). Do they consider living in Dublin to be a move abroad now?
    I can get it on my phone in the kitchen, but it's behind a paywall in the living room. The joys of living near the border!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

You don't seem to like Donegal much Sheep Lover. Did the girl that you were stalking from there finally take out that restraining order?

There are unmolested twincams out there,
    You practising for a career in standup Tony?

Conbhar wrote: »
    You don't seem to like Donegal much Sheep Lover. Did the girl that you were stalking from there finally take out that restraining order?

Where did I say that? I said I wouldn't buy a car from Donegal is all.

You practising for a career in standup Tony?

There may be unmolested examples in Donegal but they would be as rare as hens teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

In fairness, the days of boy racer cars in donegal, made up with varying sized spoiler of different sized shapes and colours, held together with sticky back plastic are slowing disappearing.

The majority of the current generation, spend allot of money, and take great pride and joy in their cars, amd spend alot less time crusing and showing off around local towns, due to the time and effort they have put into their cars. Obviously the NCT has also had an impact as well. Yes you do still get the odd noob doing dounuts at 3am in their dirt boxes, but they are few and far in between now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Most of the eejits that diffed around Donegal when i was younger are in oz doimg donuts in the outback.

retalivity wrote: »
    Most of the eejits that diffed around Donegal when i was younger are in oz doimg donuts in the outback.

Diffin utes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Where did I say that? I said I wouldn't buy a car from Donegal is all.

Your first post in this thread was a not at all funny smart ass remark about the county. That to me indicates you have a poor opinion of it at least. Pity, people from Donegal are savage craic for the most part. I should know ;)

Advertisement