Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

14-06-2019, 20:08   #16
Bowie
Jean Genie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunLover18 View Post
The article you quoted says he asked if there was a commencement date, Leo said "same reply" he indicated he'd already told Martin they he didn't know what the commencement date was. Sounds like Kenny asked the same question. I have sympathy for the family in question but did Kenny expect their story to suddenly launch Leo into action? Would it really have been much better had Leo stood to say "same reply"?
And would you have shown such sympathy by remaining seated and upon hearing the story said, 'same reply'? Or might that be pig ignorant?
He could have shown courtesy to the plight, never mind the person telling the story. Ignorant whelp.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 20:09   #17
Junkyard Tom

I've little doubt that if we were still under British rule Varadker would be in the Tory party sneering at the rest of the Irish rabble.
(5) thanks from:
14-06-2019, 20:11   #18

Here we go again.

Absolute non story but of course let’s try make it into a Shame on da gubberment story.
14-06-2019, 20:11   #19
odyssey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrett View Post
And would you have shown such sympathy by remaining seated and upon hearing the story said, 'same reply'? Or might that be pig ignorant?
He could have shown courtesy to the plight, never mind the person telling the story. Ignorant whelp.
Actually, probably we should be grateful that Varadkar shows his true face of absolute contempt and indifference rather than fake courtesy. The jellyfish doens't even have the cop on to fake it.
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 20:12   #20
odyssey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30 View Post
Here we go again.

Absolute non story but of course let’s try make it into a Shame on da gubberment story.
A government is supposed to govern. Varadkar cares more about Kylie Minogue than the citizens of the country he is supposed to be leader of. Fame whore.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 20:13   #21
ILoveYourVibes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrett View Post
When you just can't be arsed keeping up appearances...

"Same Reply".
I saw the Waterford whisperers story and didn't think much of it but it's based on an actual line of indifference from Varadkar.

What a jackass.

They do it in the uk routinely

'I refer the right honorable gentleman /lady to the answer i gave some moments ago.'

I understand it might seem cold to an individual case etc. But an add on to that might be 'theatrical'.

I am no FG fan at all. I want them out to be honest.

But politicians get so so so many questions.
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 20:14   #22
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinall View Post
Varadkar was right.

The Dail is not the place to be bringing up individual families problems.

Why was Kenny advocating for people 100 miles from his constituency?

Of all the govt lickspittle responses I've seen on this site, that one up there is about the dumbest ever.

Is there some unwritten rule in the country that restricts anyone advocating for anyone else, unless they're within so many miles from them, or needing to be from the same constituency?
14-06-2019, 20:15   #23
Bowie
Jean Genie

At least Enda would have had a fantastical story of his own, after calling them whingers.

(2) thanks from:
14-06-2019, 20:16   #24
Spanish Eyes

I used to have time for him, but not anymore. He let the worker/contributors down badly and is just sighing and agreeing with the gimme more brigade. His pal Murphy is insufferable.

I don't think his heart is in it anymore really, and I think he was promoted slightly above his station.

Coveney is a much better bet as he strikes me as being articulate, intelligent, diplomatic, and doesn't care about Kylie Minogue or statement socks.

Time for a change. A general election is badly needed now to shake them all up out of their slumber.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 20:16   #25
odyssey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYourVibes View Post
They do it in the uk routinely
'I refer the right honorable gentleman /lady to the answer i gave some moments ago.'
I understand it might seem cold to an individual case etc. But an add on to that might be 'theatrical'.
I am no FG fan at all. I want them out to be honest.
But politicians get so so so many questions.
When did Varadkar give an actual answer on it that could be referred to?
Could you not just say, I reference previous answer on this subject and matters have not advanced.
Not standing and uttering #same reply#
It's showing absolute contempt.
14-06-2019, 20:16   #26
Junkyard Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06 View Post
Actually, probably we should be grateful that Varadkar shows his true face of absolute contempt and indifference rather than fake courtesy. The jellyfish doens't even have the cop on to fake it.
His coming out coincided perfectly with the wind blowing in the right direction on the marriage equality issue, and he sure did fill his sails with that sweet rainbow-scented breeze.
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 20:17   #27
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliebin30 View Post
Here we go again.

Ex FG voter.....

Up there ^^^
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 20:18   #28
McMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Eyes View Post
I used to have time for him, but not anymore. He let the worker/contributors down badly and is just sighing and agreeing with the gimme more brigade. His pal Murphy is insufferable.

I don't think his heart is in it anymore really, and I think he was promoted slightly above his station.

Coveney is a much better bet as he strikes me as being articulate, intelligent, diplomatic, and doesn't care about Kylie Minogue or statement socks.

Time for a change. A general election is badly needed now to shake them all up out of their slumber.
This.
14-06-2019, 20:18   #29
odyssey06

Quote:

I 100% agree with 3 out of 4 of your paragraphs here but Coveney was the minister presiding over the absolute debacle that was Rent Pressure Zone legislation.
14-06-2019, 20:20   #30

Quote:

He’s a great example of the Peter Principle.
Thanks from:
Forum Closed