Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What does this dream mean?

• 09-05-2019 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭

Last night I had a dream and I don’t know what to make of it. What I can remember is as follows...

I was in a room somewhere (I think in a nearby town) with my class mates from secondary school (I’m now 41) and we were discussing general things, nothing that sticks in my mind, although I do specifically remember asking what a fella in my class who has gone off the radar is doing now.

After this we all got into cars and went home. For some reason the car I was in I was sitting on the window ledge (Dukes of Hazard style) as we were travelling and three police jeeps (black Range Rover style) drove past. I panicked as I knew I was going to get charged with an offence. However, none came back. So I thought I was in the clear... until two motorcycles came racing up the road with riders not wearing helmets. I don’t remember them wearing a uniform. They were questioning us about why I was hanging out the window.

My memory gets a bit hazy and the next thing I remember is that on the same stretch of road and there something happening on the road - maybe a parade or similar - and I am in an attic above the road passing down pieces of timber to someone below for a reason I cannot remember.

There are voids in my memory as to what happened. What is this about?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

What does this dream mean funkey_monkey? Who knows? Freud had an interpretation of dreams, as did his daughter. Questionable anecdotal foundation for them both, and more of a pseudo-science based upon poor sampling and case study limitations. No Freud here. If I was to venture a guess as to the meaning of your dream, I would look at content categories: Secondary school. Recall. Cars. Roads. Police. Parades. Dukes of Hazard. Was car play with secondary school mates an exciting and fun time in your life? Maybe your dreams are telling you something? Time for a vacation? Explore a new place? Or just perhaps a diversion from day-to-day life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

God, i hate forgetting my dreams throughout the day.

Its like you delicately have to sort through your thoughts to remember it and the more you focus on it the more it goes away

A re-occuring dream I have every couple of months is one where i am up really high on a mountain or in a plane and i always jump or go flying down, always shocked that nothing happens me each time.

I presume its something to do with worry or anxiety and how everything ends up always being okay.

I dunno what your dream means OP, but interesting all the same :) im surprised you remembered that much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

God, i hate forgetting my dreams throughout the day.
    Dream memory technique. Keep a pad bedside and record dreams as soon as you awake.
    Its like you delicately have to sort through your thoughts to remember it and the more you focus on it the more it goes away
    Read somewhere that we tend to edit our dreams as time passes.
    A re-occuring dream I have every couple of months is one where i am up really high on a mountain or in a plane and i always jump or go flying down, always shocked that nothing happens me each time. I presume its something to do with worry or anxiety and how everything ends up always being okay.
    My housemate has a recurring dream. She is in a coffee shop. She leaves her table to buy coffee. When adding cream, she looks away from her table while pouring. In that moment someone steals her laptop. After pouring, she looks back at her table to find her laptop missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I had a reacquiring dream for 29 years from the age of 4 till 33 always the same i would be sitting in my parents sitting room looking at the open fire then a wolf/ware wolf wold appear behind the flames always frightened the live out of me.
    lately i have had different dreams but always involves fighting the devil.I cant see it as a figure but can smell, touch, feel it.I put it down to a lot of stress in my life at the moment.

ZX7R wrote: »
    I had a reacquiring dream for 29 years from the age of 4 till 33 always the same i would be sitting in my parents sitting room looking at the open fire then a wolf/ware wolf wold appear behind the flames always frightened the live out of me.
    Difficult to interpret. Ironically, many of us watch spooky films. Some with werewolves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement