Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2019, 06:33   #31
Thrashssacre

Also before anyone pulls the whole “I’m doing exactly what the killer wants by watching the video” the worldwide 24 hour news media will give him the attention he wants moreso then me or any individual watching the video ever could.
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 06:36   #32
HalloweenJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
"Why did you carry out the attack?
To most of all show the invaders that our lands will never be their lands,
our homelands are our own and that, as long as a white man still lives,
they will NEVER conquer our lands and they will never replace our
people."
Wonder what the Maoris will make of that statement.
15-03-2019, 06:36   #33
Zorya

The manifesto mentions Ebba Akerlund, a little girl killed in Stockholm attack. Her death was his turning point, he says. That day for some time a devastating picture of Ebba's body was circulating on social media. I saw it here, linked on a boards thread. It was extremely shocking. I almost went into shock. There is so much talk of censorship online etc but yet these images are freely circulating, just as the video of this will. This is deeply wrong, in my opinion. These things radicalise people who are unstable and sick and violent.
15-03-2019, 06:41   #34
kneemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashssacre View Post
Also before anyone pulls the whole “I’m doing exactly what the killer wants by watching the video” the worldwide 24 hour news media will give him the attention he wants moreso then me or any individual watching the video ever could.

If you get off on that shoite it's your problem.
15-03-2019, 06:41   #35
gmisk

The numbers are horrendous, new Zealand pm has confirmed 40 dead and 20 injured
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 06:46   #36
Manic Moran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneemos View Post
If you get off on that shoite it's your problem.
His point isn't wrong, though.

One can't argue against Trump Jr's tweet.
"Don’t give the POS NZ shooter what he wants. Don’t speak his name don’t show the footage. Seems that most agree on that. The questions is can the media do what’s right and pass up the ratings they’ll get by doing the opposite? I fear we all know the answer unfortunately.. "

The only time I can recall that the media self-censored and refused to give the shooter publicity was when it was one of their own reporters was killed. We make mass shooters some of the most famous people in history.
15-03-2019, 06:48   #37
Thrashssacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmisk View Post
The numbers are horrendous, new Zealand pm has confirmed 40 dead and 20 injured
If there are definitely two active shooter in different locations I wouldn’t be suprised to see it even higher then that. The mosque the guy in the video entered wasn’t exactly quiet. And he made sure anyone in there was dead. He also shot some outside and other random people in their driveways as he escaped the scene.
15-03-2019, 06:51   #38
gmisk

Quote:
If there are definitely two active shooter in different locations I wouldn’t be suprised to see it even higher then that. The mosque the guy in the video entered wasn’t exactly quiet. And he made sure anyone in there was dead. He also shot some outside and other random people in their driveways as he escaped the scene.
It will likely be higher, bow reports of 48 people on top of that being treated for gunshot wounds....horrendous
15-03-2019, 06:52   #39
blindjustice

absolutely disgusting

This kind of crap could easily trigger something prolonged and nasty were it to happen in the wrong part of Europe. We only have to look at the tit for tat crap that went on for decades in Northern Ireland
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 06:56   #40
Thrashssacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindjustice View Post
absolutely disgusting

This kind of crap could easily trigger something prolonged and nasty were it to happen in the wrong part of Europe. We only have to look at the tit for tat crap that went on for decades in Northern Ireland
With the new reports glorifying the last stronghold of isis collapsing, the discussion on whether to let people who were involved back into their former homes and now this I think we can assume that some kinda of retaliation from Islamic extreamists ia highly likely sometime soon.
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 06:57   #41
kneemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
His point isn't wrong, though.

One can't argue against Trump Jr's tweet.
"Don’t give the POS NZ shooter what he wants. Don’t speak his name don’t show the footage. Seems that most agree on that. The questions is can the media do what’s right and pass up the ratings they’ll get by doing the opposite? I fear we all know the answer unfortunately.. "

The only time I can recall that the media self-censored and refused to give the shooter publicity was when it was one of their own reporters was killed. We make mass shooters some of the most famous people in history.

Dunblane was censored.

Don't think they'll be showing the footage, reporting the events no doubt.
Though even these kind of events have become a one day headline.
15-03-2019, 07:05   #42
super_furry

Sadly is was always only a matter of time before another radicalised anti-islam terrorist attack.

Police need to attack this at the root and go after those radicalisbg them while making thousands off patreon and donations all the while.
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 07:06   #43
malinheader

Quote:
With the new reports glorifying the last stronghold of isis collapsing, the discussion on whether to let people who were involved back into their former homes and now this I think we can assume that some kinda of retaliation from Islamic extreamists ia highly likely sometime soon.
And the sad thing about retaliation is that its always innocent people who pay the price.just like these 40 innocent people in NZ killed by cowardly scum. This world is away mad.
15-03-2019, 07:09   #44
Yurt!

A despicable act. RIP to all the innocents taken from their families and communities.
15-03-2019, 07:12   #45
ebbsy

If this happened in India or Africa etc nobody would give a ****e though.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion