Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-03-2019, 22:23   #61
votecounts
Registered User
 
votecounts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 796
On the day that one of their "soldiers" is charged with murdering innocent civilians, you think it is a great idea to have an appreciation for Britain, shame on you.
votecounts is online now  
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 22:31   #62
MPFGLB
Registered User
 
MPFGLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by votecounts View Post
On the day that one of their "soldiers" is charged with murdering innocent civilians, you think it is a great idea to have an appreciation for Britain, shame on you.
Dont be so bloody ridiculous British people are as responsible for Derry killings as are you are for the IRA killings in London, Manchester or Birmingham but that doesnt stop loads of Irish blowing their own trumpet about how wonderful we are , likeable,welcoming and all that stuff

I can appreciate so many British qualities that I wish some Irish had
As for the day ..the killings were nearly 50 years ago...when do you suggest we can be free to appreciate our neighbours

Shame on you for your prejudice remarks
MPFGLB is offline  
14-03-2019, 22:37   #63
OldMrBrennan83
Registered User
 
OldMrBrennan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFGLB View Post
Dont be so bloody ridiculous British people are as responsible for Derry killings as are you are for the IRA killings in London, Manchester or Birmingham but that doesnt stop loads of Irish blowing their own trumpet about how wonderful we are , likeable,welcoming and all that stuff

I can appreciate so many British qualities that I wish some Irish had
As for the day ..the killings were nearly 50 years ago...when do you suggest we can be free to appreciate our neighbours

Shame on you for your prejudice remarks
We could if they became decent people in the 50 years that passed. They didn't.
OldMrBrennan83 is offline  
14-03-2019, 22:38   #64
mfceiling
Registered User
 
mfceiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMrBrennan83 View Post
We could if they became decent people in the 50 years that passed. They didn't.
Who? The soldiers or just the other 60 million in general?
mfceiling is offline  
14-03-2019, 22:42   #65
Edgware
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Guitarist View Post


Coarr!
Edgware is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 22:43   #66
votecounts
Registered User
 
votecounts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 796
If they were decent, they would have charged all the soldiers and higher ups with murder and threw away the key. But alas they didn't and they are still portraying the inocents as murderers, only have to look at facebook at some of the scummy posts
votecounts is online now  
14-03-2019, 22:48   #67
Omackeral
Registered User
 
Omackeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,408
Aaaaand unfollow...
Omackeral is offline  
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 22:59   #68
SEPT 23 1989
Registered User
 
SEPT 23 1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 34,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by votecounts View Post
If they were decent, they would have charged all the soldiers and higher ups with murder and threw away the key. But alas they didn't and they are still portraying the inocents as murderers, only have to look at facebook at some of the scummy posts
How about throwing away the key for a few years and then releasing the whole lot of them to walk the streets
SEPT 23 1989 is offline  
14-03-2019, 23:00   #69
Mena Mitty
Registered User
 
Mena Mitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMrBrennan83 View Post
Let's not. They're a blight on the planet.
Like the blight on the spuds.
Mena Mitty is offline  
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 23:03   #70
Harry Palmr
Registered User
 
Harry Palmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 29,273
The name Great Britain has its earliest origins in the Greco-Roman era "megale Bretannia" Like much else the name of a land mass is a moving target - Albion as an official description came and went while Great Britain as we now know it dates to the 12th century when "Britannia major" was used to distinguish it from Britannia minor - Brittany (Brittany at the time was full of bloody foreigners from the islands off the north west of Europe)
Harry Palmr is offline  
14-03-2019, 23:04   #71
FrancieBrady
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 20,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
How about throwing away the key for a few years and then releasing the whole lot of them to walk the streets
I'd settle for that. As long as everyone of them are tried, including those with whom the buck stops and those involved in the cover-up/whitewash. Honours taken back posthumously from those who are dead.
FrancieBrady is offline  
14-03-2019, 23:12   #72
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,881
Both islands are great places to live.
Franz Von Peppercorn is offline  
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 23:22   #73
DEFTLEFTHAND
Registered User
 
DEFTLEFTHAND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,845
Let's Make Britain Great Again.
DEFTLEFTHAND is offline  
14-03-2019, 23:28   #74
Feisar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Guitarist View Post
I'd nail that harder than Christ.
Feisar is offline  
14-03-2019, 23:30   #75
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,148
Theres a direct sailing from Harwich to the Hook of Holland. Great incentive to boot it from Swansea.
Kevin Finnerty is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet