Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2019, 07:37   #91
Littlehorny

Over the course of a long weekend a Canadian fella drank 90 cans of Budweiser in a local pub in the town where I come from. I know it sounds bull but this was witnessed by plenty of people and the barman was by no means a bull**iter.
He was big bloke and he downed 30 cans a day for 3 days and he was drinking cans of it because the pub didn't have Budweiser on tap so the barman kept a count on what yer man was drinking.
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 09:29   #92
fancy pigeon

In my slightly younger days there have been many regular weekends of drinking and debauchery (not as much any more). I'm not sure which one was the most though: Easter Sunday last year for the whole evening sinking pints (bizarrely not much of a hangover), at a good friends house starting off on cans of Guinness at the kitchen table working our way to the spirits (there was an almighty hangover from that!), a night out in Castlepollard where I got too generous with brandy and port for myself until I passed out circa 3am (hold the excitement) or when I had just turned 18 a few weeks prior I got absolutely crooked and ended up puking into someones handbag (not my proudest moment )

Probably more I genuinely can't remember
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:54   #93
Bigbagofcans

Can't remember, it's been that many.

I can remember recently how much I drank at a wedding I was at:

3 glasses of prosecco
2 glasses of wine
5 G&Ts
4 shots
15-03-2019, 10:06   #94
Foweva Awone

Probably 4-5 bottles of wine, back when I used to be a full-time alcoholic. Amazed I still have a liver.
15-03-2019, 10:07   #95
wakka12

In total, about 500 ml of vodka at a festival over the course of a day, but I wasnt that drunk because it was over 12 hours or so
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 10:15   #96
Truckermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMrBrennan83 View Post
I did something very similar one day in Scraggs about a year later. Have never been as sick.

Those were the days!
We must have been in College together so as I had some hangovers after Scraggs and the Foundry...
15-03-2019, 11:14   #97
Ragnar Lothbrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Joe View Post
Is 90% of this thread lies?
I really don't think so. As another poster put it, there seems to be more regret and sorrow than bravado.
15-03-2019, 11:18   #98
Ragnar Lothbrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlehorny View Post
Over the course of a long weekend a Canadian fella drank 90 cans of Budweiser in a local pub in the town where I come from. I know it sounds bull but this was witnessed by plenty of people and the barman was by no means a bull**iter.
He was big bloke and he downed 30 cans a day for 3 days and he was drinking cans of it because the pub didn't have Budweiser on tap so the barman kept a count on what yer man was drinking.
Was it Big Bill Werbeniuk
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 11:43   #99
orourkeda1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
Was it Big Bill Werbeniuk
Or Bill Wanktheplank as my granny used to call him.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 11:43   #100
Arghus

Lol at the people giving precise figures. "I had exactly 15 pints and so much more of spirits." Made up nonsense, nobody can exactly keep count after a certain point.
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 11:48   #101
Duane Dibbley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghus View Post
Lol at the people giving precise figures. "I had exactly 15 pints and so much more of spirits." Made up nonsense, nobody can exactly keep count after a certain point.
You cant keep count. Doesn't mean others cant.
15-03-2019, 11:53   #102
orourkeda1977

I used to enjoy a few friendly beverages back in the day.

I've done quite a few 10-12 pint sessions but that was my limit. Anything after that was running the risk of doing somthing really embarrassing.

I'm badly overweight and have started to try to lose some weight. Yesterday I found out that if you drink One pint of Guinness, it will take the equivalent of a 70 minute walk to burn off the calories.

I use to drink 10 * 70 = 700 minutes to burn off one evenings drinking. Savagery
15-03-2019, 11:54   #103
DelBoy Trotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Dibbley View Post
You cant keep count. Doesn't mean others cant.
Agreed. It is incredibly rare that I forget a night out/part of a night regardless of the amount of alcohol consumed
15-03-2019, 11:54   #104
farmchoice

my greatest all day session was a solid 25 pints of Guinness, over 14 hours.
it was the height of mt drinking prowess, i was 30 in good shape, i had 13 years experience behind me, it just happened organically, a full day with my best friends trawling the best pubs Dublin had to offer, no hassle just great craic.

in the years after that age started to catch up with me and while i could still put it away that was the high point.

my other standout moment happened when i was 20. i was working in a pub in London, on my last night we were having a good session after hours. I'd has a right skinful probably only 7/8 pints but i was tired I'd been working all day.
as a going away present the staff bought me a ''dirty pint'' a pint glass full of different brands of whiskey ( i was a whiskey drinker at the time) they handed to me without telling me what it was assuming i would think it was just a pint of larger. the idea was i'd have a big swig and get a shock and choke on it and then they would make me drink it ( a few of them picked on me a small bit, but most were sound, it was a tough place to work and live, most of us lived in the pub).
anyway as soon as it was handed to me i figured out what was going on but i thought **** it I'm not going to lose face and be made a dick of. so as nonchalantly as i could i lifted it up and sank it down in one.

i knew i was probably in a fair amount of trouble and that i didn't have long before it hit me. so i stayed where i was for a couple of minutes talking then got up said my good nights and headed for my room. i had literally only closed the door when i passed out and simply fell face forward onto the floor.
i came to the next morning, i was a very lucky boy i didn't die that night.
15-03-2019, 11:55   #105
The Enbalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghus View Post

Well if you bought 20 cans and a bottle of spirits and woke up the next day and they were gone it's safe to assume you drank them.

If i have 50 quid in my pocket and a pint is a fiver,when i run out of money i know i've drank ten pints. Take out 2 50s and drink that at a fiver a pint it's 20 pints.

Bottle of whiskey by the bed..drink it and you've drank a bottle of whiskey.

its really not difficult
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion