Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-03-2019, 18:35   #46
Johnnycanyon

16 pints of Bud, I know by how much I spent and by how sick I was for the next few days.
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 18:38   #47
ceadaoin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babi-hrse View Post
St Stephens day and night bottle of red wine bottle of prosciutto half litre of jack daniels 8 cans of Coors two large bottles of bulmers.
Walked home and thought I rang doorbell and fell asleep in the snow at front door.
Someone rang at 2am or thereabouts and heard my phone at the front door. Had a shower with all my clothes on to warm up and practically swelled up from the change in temperature.
Woke up next morning with a sore throat.
Could have easily died.
I'd say all the spirits stopped my blood turning to ice
Never did that again
Bottle of prosciutto? The red wine had you so drunk you were drinking cured meats
14-03-2019, 18:39   #48
Uriel.

Stephen's day 2 years ago. 12 or 13 bottles of ale (500ml), half bottle of white wine, 3 or 4 sambucas and a full bottle of green spot, fresh opened and fresh finished.
From about 3pm to 3am give or take.

Don't like drinking like that anymore.
14-03-2019, 18:40   #49
babi-hrse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceadaoin. View Post
Bottle of prosciutto? The red wine had you so drunk you were drinking cured meats
Lots of people kept showing up with random stuff they got from home after they took a sip they wouldn't drink the rest I had drank all my cans so I pretty much drank what everyone was refusing.
I also drink gammon
This was when I was in my teens and could drink anything and keep going. Nowadays I have three bottles of brown bear IPA and I'm already falling asleep
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:42   #50
oceanman

about 20 pints of larger, maybe one or two vodkas in between. I don't go out to the pub very often but id usually spend about 100 euro or more when I do.
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 18:42   #51
monkeysnapper

When I was about 16 or 17 myself and a friend same age were in local pub drinking underage .

To this day we both reckon we drank about 8 pints and had about 5/6 shots . All different shots .

When I think back I'm shocked the two publicans let this happen . We were very drunk as you can imagine ..

It's more shocking that I haven't drunk anything close to this since and I'm 43 now. ..
14-03-2019, 18:44   #52
Acosta

Drank between 15 to 20 cans of Beamish one night when I was 18 at a party. Had striking pains for days after it. I didn't drink stout again for about 3 years and never went back to Beamish.
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:47   #53
Viscount Aggro

A litre of blue label Smirnoff, neat.
Went on to Buck Whaleys, Leeson Street.
I saw this ugly cnut in a mirror and headbutted it - got thrown out.
That was the night I paid the taxi-man in advance, for the soilage charge.
(3) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:51   #54
Arghus

I have no idea, but I've had a few occasions where I've drank to the point of unconsciousness and then woke up covered up in my own vomit; thanking my lucky stars that I didn't suffocate during the night.
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 18:53   #55
dartboardio

Only in Ireland would you have a who drank the most competition
14-03-2019, 18:54   #56
OldMrBrennan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartboardio View Post
Only in Ireland would you have a who drank the most competition
There's a competition?
14-03-2019, 18:56   #57
mikeamoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by babi-hrse View Post
St Stephens day and night bottle of red wine bottle of prosciutto half litre of jack daniels 8 cans of Coors two large bottles of bulmers.
Walked home and thought I rang doorbell and fell asleep in the snow at front door.
Someone rang at 2am or thereabouts and heard my phone at the front door. Had a shower with all my clothes on to warm up and practically swelled up from the change in temperature.
Woke up next morning with a sore throat.
Could have easily died.
I'd say all the spirits stopped my blood turning to ice
Never did that again
Very lucky op, good friend of mine died of hypothermia when he was just 16 in lot less harsh conditions with drink. Reckon he tried to go through land he didn't know as a shortcut, not sure as to what happened but could have got lost/confused ended up in a lost life over something so avoidable!
Always in the back of my head when I'm outside with drink (don't let yourself fall asleep outside).
(3) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 19:02   #58
upinsmoke

Cut back a lot now, the anxiety I get for days after drinking 12 pints or more is not worth it. Looking out the windows for snipers, trying to remember who did I offend, been barely able to string a sentence together in work for days, rats nibilling at my feet, been up all night Sunday and Monday been unable to sleep. If I could just stick to the Six pints and I get no hangover but never happens
14-03-2019, 19:04   #59
harr

All day session many years ago ...drank 17 pints out and 3/4 of a bottle of whiskey after at a house party. Definitely didn’t feel right for near a week.
Drink very little now as the hangovers were taking two days to get over and with kids at home hangovers are definitely not worth it.
To be honest I don’t miss it at all ..
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 19:06   #60
HBC08

When are was about 21 myself and my mate sat down with 4 bottles of vodka and finished the lot. Only took about 6 hours. It possible I've drank more than that in one sitting but as others have alluded too there'd be no way of knowing /counting. I lived in Asia for 10 years and the expat drinking culture is ridiculous. I'm sure the above amount would have been exceeded on some 3 day benders.

Don't drink as much now as Im 40 and be dead!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion