Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-03-2019, 18:14   #31
Ragnar Lothbrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted View Post
A shoulder bottle is 35cl.

Edit : now you can either be half as embarrassed or drink twice as much.

Win win
My bad. It was the full 70cl bottles. I wouldn't waste my time with a 35cl bottle.

What's the name for a 70cl bottle?
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 18:14   #32
my3cents

12 pints of Heineken in about 4 hours and did a full days work the following day, but **** it hurt.

Boss who had drunk more than that drove a group of us home.

How times have changed

............ for the better.

Last edited by my3cents; 14-03-2019 at 18:18.
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:15   #33
Feisar

18 pints and a jager bomb on a night out, so about 9 to 2:30
14-03-2019, 18:19   #34
my3cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
18 pints and a jager bomb on a night out, so about 9 to 2:30
A mate did that the other way around,18 Jager bombers and a pint, he didn't make it to 9.
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:21   #35
hatrickpatrick

My Neknomination back in Jan 2014 consisted of a pint of Devil's Bit cider with two bomb shots of vodka and two bomb shots of mickey finns dropped into it. Needless to say, the rest of the night is non-existent in my memory, but I do know that it was one of the very, very few (2-3) times in my life I've got sick from drinking, into a roadside skip somewhere in the general vicinity of the Seagull House flats beside the canal in Dolphin's Barn

The worst thing is, we didn't even get it on video! Recorded it on Snapchat and somehow (I'm guessing because of drink) we thought we'd uploaded it, but it was nowhere to be found on anyone's phone in the morning. All that effort for nothing
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 18:21   #36
Sleepy

A bottle of Paddy in approximately 5 minutes. I wasn't in a good place at the time and "came to" with a Saline IV in my arm in UCHG. The hangover was hell.
14-03-2019, 18:25   #37
Uncharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
My bad. It was the full 70cl bottles. I wouldn't waste my time with a 35cl bottle.

What's the name for a 70cl bottle?
A bottle.

Honest.
14-03-2019, 18:25   #38
The Enbalmer

I used to have a serious problem with booze.
When I was on a binge,particularly on holiday I could be drinking 19 hours out of 24 for days straight.
Last big session I had 26 pints and a bottle of Jameson in one day but averaged 14-20 pints plus spirits for a week.
When I started boozing 30 years ago I'd be pissed on a pint or a can. Had to knock it on the head before it killed me as it has so many of my friends.
14-03-2019, 18:26   #39
Uncharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enbalmer View Post
I used to have a serious problem with booze.
When I was on a binge,particularly on holiday I could be drinking 19 hours out of 24 for days straight.
Last big session I had 26 pints and a bottle of Jameson in one day but averaged 14-20 pints plus spirits for a week.
When I started boozing 30 years ago I'd be pissed on a pint or a can. Had to knock it on the head before it killed me as it has so many of my friends.
Username checks out
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 18:28   #40
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 23 1989 View Post
Lightweight
Well I'm not commenting on the lightweight comment. But jaysus help us why did you drink murphy's ? Awful stuff altogether.
14-03-2019, 18:28   #41
mfceiling

5 cans of harp and half a bottle of poteen in shots. Was sick was 2 solid days.

11 bottles of white wine between myself and 2 other girls...Started off early enough and don't remember going to bed. Counted the empty bottles the next morning sitting on the kitchen table. I was as sick as a flight to Lourdes. The fecking women were grand!!
14-03-2019, 18:29   #42
Uncharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
Well I'm not commenting on the lightweight comment. But jaysus help us why did you drink murphy's ? Awful stuff altogether.
Agreed.

It's a Mr Price version of Guinness
14-03-2019, 18:31   #43
SEPT 23 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enbalmer View Post
Close the thread we have a winner
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:32   #44
babi-hrse

St Stephens day and night bottle of red wine bottle of prosciutto half litre of jack daniels 8 cans of Coors two large bottles of bulmers.
Walked home and thought I rang doorbell and fell asleep in the snow at front door.
Someone rang at 2am or thereabouts and heard my phone at the front door. Had a shower with all my clothes on to warm up and practically swelled up from the change in temperature.
Woke up next morning with a sore throat.
Could have easily died.
I'd say all the spirits stopped my blood turning to ice
Never did that again
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 18:33   #45
FJOS1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
Hard to remember exactly, of course. Until recently I would be able to down a few pints of cider and/or lager at home and then hit the vodka or Jagermeister. I have certainly drunk a full shoulder of vodka (70cl) on a couple of occasions after already drinking cans and pints of snakebite.

The only reason I can say this for sure is that I had to clear away the empties the following day.

After my wife died and as my son became late teens, our house was always the party house at weekends. This lasted for several years and generally I would get hammered at home and/or in the pub every weekend, usually with the same amounts of beer and spirits.

Now, thankfully, my son is mid-20s and I'm in a great relationship. We do still drink more than is good for us, but to nothing like the extent we used to. It's getting harder and harder (and far less appealing) to drink such huge amounts anyway, now that I'm in my 50s.

I don't often drink during the week but occasionally if there's a match on I will drink 5 or 6 pints.

I do love the Jagermeister with Red Bull, but there's been a litre bottle of it in my fridge for over a month now and it's barely been touched.

I'm a bit embarrassed when I read this post
You should be embarrassed
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion