Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-03-2019, 13:02   #61
Buttonftw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19,189
When will Dave's anonymity be fully removed?
Buttonftw is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 13:02   #62
baldbear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,409
Soldier F is an absolute scumbag. The families in Derry are so dignified. "Justice for one is justice for all"

Have a read of this article

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/...day-soldier-f/
baldbear is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:04   #63
Uncharted
Registered User
 
Uncharted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
No backpedaling required.
Its extremely obvious the role you're trying to play here.
Within the context of the subject matter at hand,its shameful.

I won't be biting further.
Uncharted is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:07   #64
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,477
What's the betting he will get off with technicality the utterly corrupt British establishment will make sure of it they have no intention of helping to ever bring those murdering scum to justice when it's one of their own they will simply give them immunity for life.
Mutant z is offline  
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:14   #65
fonecrusher1
Registered User
 
fonecrusher1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted View Post
Its extremely obvious the role you're trying to play here.
Within the context of the subject matter at hand,its shameful.

I won't be biting further.
Don't feed it.

On another note I suspect the charged will be given some considerable leniency given his age. Unfortunately.
fonecrusher1 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 13:14   #66
Mrsmum
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant z View Post
What's the betting he will get off with technicality the utterly corrupt British establishment will make sure of it they have no intention of helping to ever bring those murdering scum to justice when it's one of their own they will simply give them immunity for life.
Or I was thinking, is it possible they will be happy enough to throw this one fellow under the bus as if he had gone rogue. That's why I would prefer more than one soldier to be charged to show a mindset and also of course to reflect what actually happened.
Mrsmum is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:15   #67
partyguinness
Registered User
 
partyguinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,263
I had to check the Daily Mail website for the inevitable FURY and DISGRACE. Never disappoints.
partyguinness is offline  
14-03-2019, 13:19   #68
mloc123
Subscriber
 
mloc123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,684
Will he be named if found guilty?
mloc123 is offline  
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:21   #69
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmum View Post
Or I was thinking, is it possible they will be happy enough to throw this one fellow under the bus as if he had gone rogue. That's why I would prefer more than one soldier to be charged to show a mindset and also of course to reflect what actually happened.
Those soldiers are still regarded as heroes bringing peace to NI by the British state so there's no chance of that happening.
Mutant z is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 13:23   #70
Berserker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant z View Post
What's the betting he will get off with technicality the utterly corrupt British establishment will make sure of it they have no intention of helping to ever bring those murdering scum to justice when it's one of their own they will simply give them immunity for life.
Well, if he's not found guilty then he acted within the bounds of the law of the land. The law of the land was good and fair when IRA terrorists were getting of due to technicalities, so this should be no different. I have a feeling that this soldier will not get off. A conviction here will appease the masses. It'll be a nice softener for the angst the Brexit is causing also.
Berserker is offline  
14-03-2019, 13:28   #71
Junkyard Tom
Registered User
 
Junkyard Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 6,528
Nobody should mistake this for justice - justice would have seen them in prison in the early 1970's serving life for cold-blooded murder.
Junkyard Tom is offline  
14-03-2019, 13:30   #72
Berties_Horse
Registered User
 
Berties_Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Well, if he's not found guilty then he acted within the bounds of the law of the land. The law of the land was good and fair when IRA terrorists were getting of due to technicalities, so this should be no different. I have a feeling that this soldier will not get off. A conviction here will appease the masses. It'll be a nice softener for the angst the Brexit is causing also.
Exactly, getting the green light by his masters to commit atrocities. Within the parameters of "justice". You can falsely conflate this with Brexit all you want.
Berties_Horse is offline  
(3) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:34   #73
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Well, if he's not found guilty then he acted within the bounds of the law of the land. The law of the land was good and fair when IRA terrorists were getting of due to technicalities, so this should be no different. I have a feeling that this soldier will not get off. A conviction here will appease the masses. It'll be a nice softener for the angst the Brexit is causing also.
This sounds like a bit like oh but look over there someone else did something a classic whataboutary tactic and what the hell brexit has to do with it i will never know.
Mutant z is offline  
14-03-2019, 13:36   #74
Jimbob1977
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,557
Does the Good Friday Agreement extend to British soldiers?
Jimbob1977 is offline  
14-03-2019, 13:36   #75
Berserker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
Exactly, getting the green light by his masters to commit atrocities. Within the parameters of "justice". You can falsely conflate this with Brexit all you want.
You should consider a career in tabloid journalism with language like that and the will be a sideline story/distraction if things get heated over Brexit.
Berserker is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet