Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-03-2019, 13:02   #61
Buttonftw

When will Dave's anonymity be fully removed?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 13:02   #62
baldbear

Soldier F is an absolute scumbag. The families in Derry are so dignified. "Justice for one is justice for all"

Have a read of this article

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/...day-soldier-f/
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:04   #63
Uncharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar View Post
No backpedaling required.
Its extremely obvious the role you're trying to play here.
Within the context of the subject matter at hand,its shameful.

I won't be biting further.
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:07   #64

What's the betting he will get off with technicality the utterly corrupt British establishment will make sure of it they have no intention of helping to ever bring those murdering scum to justice when it's one of their own they will simply give them immunity for life.
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:14   #65
fonecrusher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted View Post
Its extremely obvious the role you're trying to play here.
Within the context of the subject matter at hand,its shameful.

I won't be biting further.
Don't feed it.

On another note I suspect the charged will be given some considerable leniency given his age. Unfortunately.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 13:14   #66
Mrsmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant z View Post
What's the betting he will get off with technicality the utterly corrupt British establishment will make sure of it they have no intention of helping to ever bring those murdering scum to justice when it's one of their own they will simply give them immunity for life.
Or I was thinking, is it possible they will be happy enough to throw this one fellow under the bus as if he had gone rogue. That's why I would prefer more than one soldier to be charged to show a mindset and also of course to reflect what actually happened.
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:15   #67
partyguinness

I had to check the Daily Mail website for the inevitable FURY and DISGRACE. Never disappoints.
14-03-2019, 13:19   #68
mloc123
Subscriber

Will he be named if found guilty?
Thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:21   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmum View Post
Or I was thinking, is it possible they will be happy enough to throw this one fellow under the bus as if he had gone rogue. That's why I would prefer more than one soldier to be charged to show a mindset and also of course to reflect what actually happened.
Those soldiers are still regarded as heroes bringing peace to NI by the British state so there's no chance of that happening.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-03-2019, 13:23   #70
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant z View Post
Well, if he's not found guilty then he acted within the bounds of the law of the land. The law of the land was good and fair when IRA terrorists were getting of due to technicalities, so this should be no different. I have a feeling that this soldier will not get off. A conviction here will appease the masses. It'll be a nice softener for the angst the Brexit is causing also.
14-03-2019, 13:28   #71
Junkyard Tom

Nobody should mistake this for justice - justice would have seen them in prison in the early 1970's serving life for cold-blooded murder.
14-03-2019, 13:30   #72
Berties_Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Well, if he's not found guilty then he acted within the bounds of the law of the land. The law of the land was good and fair when IRA terrorists were getting of due to technicalities, so this should be no different. I have a feeling that this soldier will not get off. A conviction here will appease the masses. It'll be a nice softener for the angst the Brexit is causing also.
Exactly, getting the green light by his masters to commit atrocities. Within the parameters of "justice". You can falsely conflate this with Brexit all you want.
(3) thanks from:
14-03-2019, 13:34   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
This sounds like a bit like oh but look over there someone else did something a classic whataboutary tactic and what the hell brexit has to do with it i will never know.
14-03-2019, 13:36   #74
Jimbob1977

Does the Good Friday Agreement extend to British soldiers?
14-03-2019, 13:36   #75
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
Exactly, getting the green light by his masters to commit atrocities. Within the parameters of "justice". You can falsely conflate this with Brexit all you want.
You should consider a career in tabloid journalism with language like that and the will be a sideline story/distraction if things get heated over Brexit.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion