Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2019, 07:16   #136
Realtai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Vimes View Post
British Justice?
The Ministry of Defence has announced that it pay all his legal bills UK Defence Minister Gavin Williamson said ""We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland"
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47540271
Peace my arse! They started some of the violence in NI.
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 08:21   #137
FrancieBrady

The full judgement:
https://static.rasset.ie/documents/n...p1u6zEpARaySYM
15-03-2019, 08:54   #138
twinytwo

Will never get to trial. Britain has a long history of atrocities and war crimes against civilians all over the globe that they will never be held accountable for. None of which is ever mentioned in the british education system so for the most part people are arrogant of the facts.

Funnily the paras deny it even though testimony from other soldiers who were there admit that the people shot were not armed and did not provoke.

Cowards and criminals the lot of them.
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 08:59   #139
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinytwo View Post
Will never get to trial.
Got a crystal ball, have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDAWINNER View Post
No justice at all only 1 scumbag charged. I hope people that buy poppies later this year know these are the fcuckers that you are giving money to.
I'll be buying one and wearing it with pride. A very poor attempt to sully the poppy on your part.
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:03   #140
Odhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post

I'll be buying one and wearing it with pride. A very poor attempt to sully the poppy on your part.

He doesn't have to "sully" it, thats british armys job (and one they've carried out quite well).
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 09:04   #141
FrancieBrady

Quote:

These men and their commanding officers and the entire judicial system that conspired to cover-up this for decades have done enough to 'sully' it on this island alone, I should think. Not to mention other outstanding actions.
15-03-2019, 09:06   #142
joe40

Quote:
Quote:
Will never get to trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDAWINNER View Post
No justice at all only 1 scumbag charged. I hope people that buy poppies later this year know these are the fcuckers that you are giving money to.
The paratroopers sullied the poppy by killing innocent civilians.
You continue if you want but you are supporting the totality of the British army, including the several atrocities worldwide.
Bloody sunday is only one.
(3) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:10   #143
lawred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe40 View Post
The paratroopers sullied the poppy by killing innocent civilians.
You continue if you want but you are supporting the totality of the British army, including the several atrocities worldwide.
Bloody sunday is only one.
Wouldn't bother kicking off another poppy debate. Those that wear it only get more determined to wear it when questioned about it. Best to ignore it and not give the symbol any credence whatsoever.

One man's hero is another man's murderer.
15-03-2019, 09:38   #144
janfebmar

Quote:
the people shot were not armed and did not provoke.
In this picture taken minutes before the firing on Bloody Sunday you can get an idea of the tensions at the time. All of the stones / rocks on the road do not justify shots / firing.
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/b...lace-1.2424550
Just because two policemen (one Catholic and one Protestant) were shot in Derry only three days before Bloody Sunday does not justify violence on the day itself. The soldiers should have followed the rule of law. No excuse for soldiers for firing live rounds , or indeed for the IRA man (who Fr. Daly saw and testified about firing three rounds) either. There were innocent people killed that day and that was wrong.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 09:44   #145
Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
These men and their commanding officers and the entire judicial system that conspired to cover-up this for decades have done enough to 'sully' it on this island alone, I should think. Not to mention other outstanding actions.
It may be sullied in the eyes of the nationalist community on the northern part of island and the republican community south of the border, two communities who have questionable morals as is but the rest of the people on the island understand what it stands for. It'll be worn and celebrated with pride later this year, as usual.
15-03-2019, 09:46   #146
Odhinn

Quote:
It may be sullied in the eyes of the nationalist community on the northern part of island and the republican community south of the border, who have questionable morals as is but the rest of the people on the island understand what it stands for. It'll be worn and celebrated with pride later this year, as usual.

O we understand exactly what it stands for.
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:48   #147
FrancieBrady

Quote:
It may be sullied in the eyes of the nationalist community on the northern part of island and the republican community south of the border, two communities who have questionable morals as is but the rest of the people on the island understand what it stands for. It'll be worn and celebrated with pride later this year, as usual.
I have no doubt it will be worn. But those wearing it will be telling themselves lies. The result of this process in Derry alone underlines that.
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:49   #148
Berserker

On another note, barely a mention of this on TV3 or the Beeb this morning. Thought they'd be all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
O we understand exactly what it stands for.
Good stuff. It's used to commemorate military personnel who have died in war. All on the same page.

Last edited by Berserker; 15-03-2019 at 09:52.
15-03-2019, 09:53   #149
steddyeddy

Quote:

It might be a poor attempt but the conduct of the British army is doing a very good job of sullying the poppy.
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 09:55   #150
steddyeddy

Quote:
Beserker I work in New York, Colorado and England. Disgust with Bloody Sunday and the behavioural of soldiers in Northern Ireland isn't confined to the nationalist community of Northern Ireland. Bloody Sunday is all I've been hearing about in America and the Americans will be watching very closely for justice to be served.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion