Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2012, 23:43   #46
castletownman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciiiiiiiiiiid View Post
ONE TIME I WAS HITCHING FOR A LIFT HOME AT NIGHT AND A CAR PULLED IN ABOUT 10 FEET AHEAD THEN I WALKED UP AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR AND THERE WAS A SKELETON DRIVING THE CAR
Apt username for that story!
(132) thanks from:
Aciiiiiiiiiiid, Aglomerado, akura, allanb49, ANDREWMUFC, Anesthetize, battser, baz2009, bb1234567, Belle Morte, bigron2109, Birdie086, brianregan09, brummytom, Canard, certifiedcrepe, Chin Stroker, CianRyan, ciarang85, cofy, Contessa Raven, Cookie_Dough, Corvo Attano, cristoir, curlzy, DA7800, daenerysstormborn3, Dan133269, daysleeper, Deank, deceit, degausserxo, Doctor Strange, DoesNotCompute, DubDJ, Duff, Fart, Feathers, flanzer, flas, Flutterby80, FoxyVixen, franklyon, G.K., genericguy, gerrybbadd, giant_midget, GoAheadCaller, hada, John.Icy, JS0692, Kablamo!, kaki, KamiKazeKitten, Kev.OC, Kikin, Lady Spangles, leahyl, LiffeyValleyB, LizT, lochlach, Lollipops23, Loughc, lukesmom, MajesticDonkey, Mark Rippetoe, MarthaMyDear, massdebater, metime, Millicent, MomijiHime, Moneymaker, Mr. Guappa, muff03, Mugatuu, murpho999, New Home, newbee22, opiniated, Ould Mr Brennan, Pa2k, Paddy Cow, PaddyWilliams, pajero12, peekachoo, pinkheels88, pookiesboo, PrettyBoy, Pudsy33, Rasheed, redtapestyl, RobbingBandit, RoyalMarine, Sar Bear, SarahBeep!, Sar_Bear, Scar Tissue, sebastianlieken, Seedy Arling, shanered, Shankly Gates, Shinaynay, SimonTheITGuy, Sky King, SpaceFlunky, spiralism, spookmaster, Stavro Mueller, steddyeddy, steveLFC24, sugarman, Sulla Felix, Sunnyisland, TEMPLAR KNIGHT, thegreatescape, the_syco, tomthetank, toodleytoo, Toots, Unearthly, Vojera, Wailin, we'llallhavetea, westernfrenzy, Westeros, whatanidiot, Whatsisname, Wibbs, WoollyRedHat, yermandan, zero19, _meehan_
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 23:50   #47
TheTorment

Quote:
Originally Posted by some random drunk View Post
Some of these stories are pretty scary. Read at your own risk!
Guess I'll be changing these boxers now. Then off to wake herself and see if she can talk me down. It's going to be a long night.
13-12-2012, 23:54   #48

Once in the early hours I woke up thinking I'd heard footsteps on my then boyfriend's side of the room. In my half asleep state I just assumed he'd got up to go to the bathroom but when I turned around he was there asleep in bed beside me. I woke him in a panic saying there'd been someone in the room.
He got up and looked around the house and there was no one there.
We got a call later that morning to say his grandad had passed away ... At around the time I'd woken and heard footsteps...

If anyone ever told me that story I'd roll my eyes and think they were a right twit, but thats my creepy experience
13-12-2012, 23:57   #49
Voodoomelon

When I was about 15, I went into the public toilets in the Longwalk Shopping Centre in Dundalk.

Had a poo, flushed the toilet and went to the basin to wash me hands. I looked in the mirror, and saw behind me a hand in the cubicle next to the one I was just in holding a small mirror up above the door.

I saw an eye looking up into the mirror, looking at me. It put me into a trance, I thought I was dreaming and just walked out the door. I was so shocked I just strolled aimlessly around the centre trying to figure out if I was imagining things.

Some fúckin pervert.
(77) thanks from:
abbyw1989, Aceandstuff, allym, ANDREWMUFC, Ann22, Aspadeaspade, bb1234567, BEASTERLY, Benzino, BK92, Bobby Baccala, Butterface, cassid, challengemaster, Cheerios, chillywilly, CianRyan, ConorCBS, cuana, curlzy, Da Shins Kelly, davycc, DazMarz, dipdip, Dtp1979, Duff, face1990, farmerjj, fasttalkerchat, FoxyVixen, FueledbyCoffee, G1032, gagiteebo, giant_midget, Heat_Wave, JDOC1996, kaki, Kev.OC, Koolhanger, L'prof, LorMal, Lorrs33, lukesmom, MacBizzle, maguic24, major bill, massdebater, miamee, MillField, Millicent, New Home, newmug, Praetorian Saighdiuir, PressRun, r3nu4l, Rachiee, Rory28, rxan90, shamrock2004, Shane-KornSpace, shane9689, Shinaynay, Smart Bug, Sound of Silence, Stavro Mueller, stinkle, sugarman, thefasteriwalk, Timmyctc, tomwaterford, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, wilkie2006, will.i.am, XplaygirlX, yermandan, ziggy23
13-12-2012, 23:58   #50
franktheplank

Once I woke up and leaned over, put my arm around my OH and moved in for a snog.

Then i realized I was on hols and was sharing a bed with my mate, Tom. That was pretty unnerving.
Advertisement
14-12-2012, 00:02   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer2010 View Post
The Tapestry Room in Loftus Hall, I never ever ever want to set foot inside there again and I would strongly advise anyone against it, the room is almost alive with malevolance, took me months to get back to sleep again.
I have been down to Loftus Hall, but wasn't inside. The very appearance of the place is unnerving.

My memory of being most nervous was in Derry. (Im sure there are other posters here from the North, have had worse experiences than this)
I was walking down the Strand Road one afternoon on the way to the bus station. There was construction going on across the street, and there was a wall of 10 foot tall wooden sheets surrounding the site. You could hear machinery at work as you walked by. On the opposite side of the street, walking in my direction, was a British army foot patrol. 2 guys in front and 2 guys walking backwards behind them, as they used to do.

Some idiot on the construction site knew the soldiers were on the other side of the partition and proceeded to repeatedly bang the wooden partition with a hammer just as they walked by, making it sound like the foot patrol was under gun fire. They immediately hit the ground with their guns at the ready, and so did everyone else within sight. Myself and my friend lay there watching the soldiers, who appeared very nervous. About 20 seconds passed, but it seemed like a lifetime. They heard a few people laughing from within the site, then they realised it was a practical joke.

No joke when your 30 feet away from an armed soldier who might be panicky
(100) thanks from:
abbyw1989, allanb49, ANDREWMUFC, Ann22, Aspadeaspade, Aswerty, BEASTERLY, Birdie086, BK92, cassid, challengemaster, CianRyan, ciarang85, CiaranMcDCFC, Contessa Raven, Corvo Attano, curlzy, Da Shins Kelly, Daftendirekt, Danzy, daysleeper, deceit, degrassinoel, Deisler, diamondp, DipStick McSwindler, dr gonzo, Dtp1979, Duff, fasttalkerchat, Fatnav, Flecktarn, FouxDaFaFa, FoxyVixen, Frank Grimes, Glico Man, Hippies!, HoggyRS, JustAThought, K-9, Kev.OC, Koolhanger, kowloon, L'prof, Lady Spangles, LenaClaire, lochlach, Lollipops23, lukesmom, MacBizzle, maguic24, major bill, MauraTheThird, McGaggs, Meirleach, Millicent, Mr Freeze, Mr. Guappa, muff03, New Home, newmug, Oh hai, opiniated, PaddyWilliams, pappyodaniel, peekachoo, Queen-Mise, Rachiee, Rory28, Samaris, Sar Bear, SarahBeep!, scdublin, seekenee, shamrock2004, shane9689, shanered, sinead88, SKF, Smart Bug, spiralism, starling, Stavro Mueller, sugarman, tipp_Gunner, tomwaterford, toodleytoo, Toots, Truley, vetinari, Vojera, Weathering, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, WoollyRedHat, yermandan, zero19, ziggy23, _meehan_, _whiskers
14-12-2012, 00:05   #52
chops018

I can't remember the exact story but I read it somewhere online and it apparently happened to the guy who wrote it. I'll try get the gist of it down, it's pretty freaky:

The guy, we will call him Alex, used to always go up to the same creek every year, and nearly the same date, him and his family would pull up on the side of the road and have a picnic when he was younger and he would venture off himself for a while, it wasn't too far from his home I don't think. He used to have to go through a forest then through a field and over a hill. He would then get to a passage of trees and the creek with the easy flowing water and rocks.

Alex used to rarely see anyone when he went on his wander, the same wander he would go on anytime he was there.

One day, Alex was about 14, and when he got through the forest and into the field he saw a man in the distance. As he got closer to the man he thought that the man looked odd, they both looked at eachother very oddly as they were oncoming, and both stared for a couple of seconds whilst they passed eachother. Alex thought nothing of it and just assumed the man was weird for staring and once he didn't follow him he thought there must be no danger.

Many years had passed and Alex was now a man with his own family. He was back in his hometown visiting and thought he should drive up to the old creek by himself and see if it was still the same as he remember from his little family trips from years ago. He took the path he used to always take and got to the creek, took a few minutes and just relaxed and thought about things. Suddenly it dawned on him that this was the very same date him and his family used to visit the road way and stop for a picnic and play. Although it had been many years since he had done it he enjoyed the memories. He felt happy and left the creek. It was when he came to the field he noticed something very odd. In the distance there was a young boy and a weird feeling came over him. He walked uneasily past the boy, staring at him, and the boy staring back. They passed eachother without speaking. When he got back to his car at the road he remembered that day years ago when he was 14 and the man passed him and they both looked at each other oddly and in the same way. He wondered if it was a time glitch and that he was looking at himself in the past and that they were both in that same moment at the exact same time and some phenomenon allowed them to see eachother, in the future and the past.

The guy who I saw write it wrote it way better and claimed it to be true. I can't find it but I would love to find it again and post it, even if it wasn't true it was a great read.
(125) thanks from:
3rdDegree, abbyw1989, AfterDusk, aisoconnor, allym, ANDREWMUFC, AnnaSophia, Aspadeaspade, BK92, Bobby Baccala, brummytom, Canard, Catari Jaguar, certifiedcrepe, chillywilly, Chronic Button, CianRyan, Coffeeteasugar, ConorCBS, Contessa Raven, Cyrus T Buford, D Trent, Das Kitty, dave3004, daysleeper, DazMarz, degrassinoel, drdeadlift, Drumpot, dubstarr, Duff, Duggys Housemate, falan, Fallschirmjager, Fatnav, fillefatale, Filmer Paradise, flutterflye, fonpokno, FoxyVixen, frag420, FURET, gagiteebo, Glico Man, gman127, Hal1, hefferboi, HoggyRS, homeless student, Hurricane Carter, irishgrover, Ironman76, JamieKCCO, jd007, jmayo, JohnDee, Koolhanger, L'prof, ladypip, leahyl, Lorrs33, Loughc, lukesmom, Luno, magicmushroom, maguic24, malistheman, Mam of 4, MaroonAndGreen, massdebater, MauraTheThird, Merkin, Millicent, Miprocin, MomijiHime, moonflower, Mr Freeze, Mr. Rager, narwhalthe, New Home, norabattie, pablomakaveli, PaddyWilliams, peekachoo, pookiesboo, Posy, Queen-Mise, Rachiee, Raic, reap-a-rat, RedFFWolf, Rory28, Roselm, rxan90, shane9689, Shelflife, sinead88, SlyBacon93, Smeggy, spiralism, starling, Stavro Mueller, stinkle, storker, sugarman, Sulla Felix, Sunnyisland, tallaghtmick, The Big Red Button, Thefirestarter, themissymoo, the_syco, Toots, Truley, ViveLaVie, Vojera, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, Whatsisname, woodchuck, WoollyRedHat, yermandan, zef, ziggy23, _meehan_
14-12-2012, 00:11   #53
dropping_bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr gonzo View Post
Theres a few of them. This one asks for real and fictional stories: Link
I've read some of that thread just now and I know I won't sleep for days There is some really scary stuff on there.
Thanks from:
14-12-2012, 00:18   #54
dr gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropping_bombs View Post
I've read some of that thread just now and I know I won't sleep for days There is some really scary stuff on there.
Theres a few other good threads in the same vein if you want em?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-12-2012, 00:19   #55
Noodles81

The OP's two stories are so creepy; running into Gacy and escaping...shivers ran through me about the door handle... Lucky man if true. And the second one, I'll be lying awake thinking about that in the middle of the night now...I hope that one was made up... seriously scary stuff.

I was in a dimly lit, long narrow cafe in Charleroi (kipsville) in Belgium in the middle of the day with my ex and it was seriously dodgy. I felt an atmosphere when we came in but put it out of my head. There was a bar down the end with a few folks who knew each other and they all stared at us like we were intruders (kind of like The Slaughtered Lamb). We sat up near the door and a waiter came over and took our orders. We ordered soup and sandwiches. The waiter went up to the bar, spoke to this big hulk of a guy and then went by us out the front door. This man came out from behind the bar, walked over towards us, staring and looked out the door and then slowly walked back, all the while staring. My ex leaned over and said "I feel like we're going to be dragged out the back and never seen again". A wave of fear swept over me, he freaked me out, he never commented like that. A couple came in and went down the end to the bar, spoke to the group, they all looked up at us, staring, and then the couple came over and sat right beside us blocking our way to the door. The place was empty, they could have sat anywhere. We were both scared out of our wits at this stage, though nothing had actually happened. All sorts of things were going through my mind. Then they said something about smoking and left and sat away from us. I started to relax and tell myself we were just being melodramatic. Then the waiter came back in with a bag of groceries; bread, soup, milk, etc I could see were in the bag. I'm not sure but we both thought he had gone to buy the food to make our orders. We waited a good half an hour before we were served and the food was fine. We were genuinely afraid to leave but at the same time, bar the staring and the strange behaviour, nothing had actually happened. We had to pay down at the bar at the end. They watched our every move. Turning around to walk out, I felt like running just to get out as quickly as possible. We left that cafe and were never so pleased to be out in the daylight surrounded by people again. But nothing had really happened. It's amazing how groups of people staring and invading your personal space can be so creepy, especially in a strange place.

We wondered how we both felt this awful sense of foreboding. I reckoned afterwards the cafe was a front for some other business and they were suspicious of us and what we were doing there... though that makes no sense, as it was a bloody cafe!
14-12-2012, 00:19   #56

I came on After Hours to ask a question that just popped into my head "Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?"

Then I see this thread ...

Now that is creepy.
14-12-2012, 00:21   #57
dropping_bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr gonzo View Post
Theres a few other good threads in the same vein if you want em?
Keep 'em coming!! I've an exam tomorrow but sure whats the worst that can happen?!
14-12-2012, 00:30   #58
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbh View Post
When I was 16 I went to Czechoslovakia, as it was then, to teach English for a week. Total disaster but that's for another thread.
Please make this thread immediately.
(97) thanks from:
ACBBFG, allanb49, allym, Ando's Saggy Bottom, antok93, baz2009, BEASTERLY, Beruthiel, brianregan09, Butterface, Canard, Cerulean Chicken, chillywilly, Chin Stroker, CianRyan, ciarang85, Conchir, Contessa Raven, cristoir, cute_cow, Daftendirekt, daysleeper, DazMarz, degausserxo, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, Dtp1979, Duff, ElleEm, ElvisChrist6, Eve_Dublin, Feathers, frozenfrozen, FueledByAisling, Guill, hairyprincess, HalloweenJack, Heat_Wave, Jen Pigs Fly, Julius Seizure, JustAThought, kaki, leahyl, Lima Golf, Lollipops23, loloray, lukesmom, MacBizzle, MagicIRL, maguic24, MauraTheThird, Meirleach, metime, Millicent, MomijiHime, Moneymaker, moonflower, Mr Freeze, Mr. Guappa, MrVestek, Newaglish, Nuri Sahin, Ormus, PaddyWilliams, peekachoo, Posy, Pudsy33, r3nu4l, Raic, robman60, Rory28, RoyalMarine, Sar Bear, scdublin, shane9689, Shinaynay, Smeggy, steddyeddy, stinkle, Sulla Felix, The Backwards Man, The Royal Scam, TheBegotten, themissymoo, theoldbreed, Toots, TossL1916, Truley, Washington Irving, we'llallhavetea, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, Wibbs, WoollyRedHat, yermandan, ziggy23, [-0-], _whiskers
14-12-2012, 00:31   #59

Quote:
This is my favourite, seems to be true too.

How about an old woman living in your closet for over a year, eating your food and using your shower when you're at work.
"A Japanese man puzzled by food mysteriously disappearing from his refrigerator got a shock when he found out a woman had been living in his home for months without permission, police said Friday.
The 57-year-old man living alone — or so he thought — in the western city of Fukuoka installed a security camera and called the police when he saw images of someone walking around his home while he was out.
“We searched the house in the man’s presence. We found the woman in the closet,” said a local police spokesman.
The woman, named as 58-year-old Tatsuko Horikawa, was found in a flat storage space only just big enough for a person to squeeze into lying down
“She told police that she had nowhere to live,” the spokesman said. “She seems to have lived there for about a year, but not all the time.”
It is unclear how she managed to enter the home undetected. Police suspect she might have been closet-hopping, moving from house to house."
14-12-2012, 00:33   #60
dr gonzo

Quote:
Keep 'em coming!! I've an exam tomorrow but sure whats the worst that can happen?!
I also have an exam tomorrow... creepy...

Boards procrastination is always a solid plan
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion