Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2019, 08:39   #121
Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull

Absolutely horrific.

RIP to the victims.
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 08:39   #122
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindjustice View Post
Why are people surprised that extremist acts rile up extremists??? There are countless examples throughout history, go no further than this island. This is foolishness and can blind to the danger of where this can lead to.
It is exactly what the extremists, on both sides, want.

Lets just hope there isnt an inevitability to this kind of a path.
Violence begets violence, it's why we are so fearful of a hard border as we Irish know it all to well. The path to escalation from extremists groups is not a long one.
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 08:39   #123
Wheres Me Jumper?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moleman View Post
He probably feels the same as the rest of us right minded people, but why do you about him specifically?
is not the www fueling this crap?

imo it is.
hatred and murder is just a click away.
15-03-2019, 08:40   #124
The Moleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
untwist your knickers there lads. it was a genuine question about the availability of guns in NZ, not a political remark.
My knickers are just fine and I never said it wasn't a valid question.

I was simply pointing out that there are other ways to get your hands on a weapon regardless of a nation's laws.

The fact is that is you who is getting melodramatic about my post, not me about yours, so check your own panties before commenting on mine.
(2) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 08:40   #125
blindjustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgoat View Post
The title of that manifesto alludes to "The Kalergi Plan". A far right conspiracy about population replacement. Fair few users in this site subscribe to it and the likes of Gemma O'Doherty have pushed it. So it was very much a person with extreme racist political views so no question of it being a terror attack.
Never heard of that 'plan' but 'replacement migration' is something the UN refer to in the past (so 'replacement migration' is no conspiracy theory)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replac...tion#Criticism
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 08:42   #126
batgoat

Quote:
Never heard of that 'plan' but 'replacement migration' is something the UN refer to in the past (so 'replacement migration' is no conspiracy theory)
Here's the conspiracy, this has everything to do with racism in this instance. The stuff about the Irish population increase by 2040 originates from the idea, just to use a recent example.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...spiracy_theory
15-03-2019, 08:44   #127
blindjustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
Violence begets violence, it's why we are so fearful of a hard border as we Irish know it all to well. The path to escalation from extremists groups is not a long one.
This is where standing shoulder to shoulder is vitally important. In NI at the beginning there were some mixed areas, people got burned and hunted out so the terrorists could control the areas with no outsiders. This is why no go areas and ghettos are trouble. It is also why assimilation is important or at the very least not allowing hate speech or preaching (from either side)

Alot lies with the capabilities of intelligence and police services now but also with society
15-03-2019, 08:44   #128
Sardonicat

Three men and one woman under arrest a/C to a Christchurch resident being interviewed on Newstalk
15-03-2019, 08:44   #129
Calhoun

Quote:
There was a documentary on fertility lastweek, and they had Irish experts on talking about migration as a form of population replacement for lower birthrates.
Advertisement
15-03-2019, 08:44   #130
The Moleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheres Me Jumper? View Post
is not the www fueling this crap?

imo it is.
hatred and murder is just a click away.
No the internet in not fuelling this, people are fuelling this.

The internet is a tool. Blaming it is like blaming a hammer for hitting your fingers. You hit your own fingers.

Berners-Lee carries no responsibility for what people do.
(3) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 08:44   #131
Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo's Avatar

NZ have very open gun laws. Where high powered weapons can be got much more easily in comparison to Oz, and also basically all European countries.
15-03-2019, 08:46   #132
Ads by Google

In case anyone wants normal conversation instead of the standard shltshow here:

https://old.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...istchurch_new/
Thanks from:
15-03-2019, 08:47   #133
batgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
There was a documentary on fertility lastweek, and they had Irish experts on talking about migration as a form of population replacement for lower birthrates.
From the conspiracy... It also focuses upon non white people. As racist often tends to.

"The conspiracy theory commonly apportions blame to a global and liberal elite,[6] such as Brussels and the European Union, which is portrayed as directing a planned and deliberate plot or scheme to carry out the replacement of European peoples.[4]"
15-03-2019, 08:47   #134
Wheres Me Jumper?
Banned

what's left of ISIS/Al Qaeda will love this.
more ammunition to fan the flames of hatred.

awful, awful news.
(3) thanks from:
15-03-2019, 08:48   #135
Snow Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Vimes View Post
Any evidence this scumbag even claims to be Christian or claims to be acting in the name of Christianity?
Or are you just trying to use this atrocity to make some cheap point?
I think it's fair to say that Christian terrorists attacked the mosque.

Quote:
University of Auckland Professor Douglas Pratt is an international expert in religious terrorism and the author of Religion and Extremism: Rejecting Diversity.

He said the language, phrases and world-view of the suspected Dean Ave gunman's manifesto pointed to this being a form of Christian terrorism.

"This is not simply political, it is a deeply-engrained religious extremism.

"These people act on the premise that Muslims are the people to be feared because they are seen to be extreme, and this would be considered a pre-emptive strike."

Pratt, who has been tracking this type of terrorism since the London bombings, said there had always been an underground thread of this in New Zealand. It entwined with far-right white supremacist beliefs.

"As we become more secular religion goes more underground, including extreme forms of it. I was expecting at some stage it would manifest in a violent act."

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion