Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best New satellite setup Vu+ Duo2?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

LeinsterLegend

As you have listed individual tuner boxes/STBs that I have no experience with, I am unsure if you will get the full functionality desirable.

There is one cable coming from the Unicable LNB which has to be split with each of the two 'split' coax cables going to an individual STB.
    When setting up the tuners on those two STBs, providing they are Unicable compatible, you will need to ensure you choose non-conflicting frequencies for the tuners. It is simple to do but might throw you off if you do not remember. ;)
    There will be a list of frequencies to use with whichever LNB you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LeinsterLegend

LeinsterLegend

As you have listed individual tuner boxes/STBs that I have no experience with, I am unsure if you will get the full functionality desirable.

There is one cable coming from the Unicable LNB which has to be split with each of the two 'split' coax cables going to an individual STB.
    When setting up the tuners on those two STBs, providing they are Unicable compatible, you will need to ensure you choose non-conflicting frequencies for the tuners. It is simple to do but might throw you off if you do not remember. ;)
    There will be a list of frequencies to use with whichever LNB you choose.

Yes, I read about that on WoS. Do you know is setting up those tuners independent of Enigma2 images? ie If I configure the tuners will the image I flash work or would I need to change something in the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yes, I read about that on WoS. Do you know is setting up those tuners independent of Enigma2 images? ie If I configure the tuners will the image I flash work or would I need to change something in the image?

I don't know, but strongly believe there should be little or no problem with software.
    Hopefully someone with experience of those images in such hardware will confirm.

It should be hardware dependent ..... tuner/s Unicable compatible? if not, allocate suitable frequencies to those tuners first, and ensure you do not use the same frequencies for any other tuners you might feed from that LNB.

Because I have a 4 x DVB-S/2 tuner box, I have had no need to add any device with standard tuners to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LeinsterLegend

Thank Johnboy

I need to contact installers and work out what I need to buy from WoS, what I can buy locally, and what the installer can bring (eg Dish itself, cabling, etc - I'll can buy the boxes and unicable2 lnb online). Are you allowed to recommend an installer in Dublin (south) area?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm also very interested in all of this and looking for a similar set up to LensterLegend.

However, I'm currently with Sky through a communal dish in an apartment block.

Will I be able to use the two satellite cables coming into my apartment for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭dubrov

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm also very interested in all of this and looking for a similar set up to LensterLegend.

However, I'm currently with Sky through a communal dish in an apartment block.

Will I be able to use the two satellite cables coming into my apartment for this?

Yes for the satellite signal (all the main UK channels). You could just plug a Freesat box into it directly and ti will work.

You'll need to check with your management company to see if Saorview (Irish channels) is available on it. The setup will be either

a) Sky install and maintain the satellite. In that case they own the dish and cabling so will not add the Saorview signal to it. Technically they could disconnect you if you termiante your sub but they won't.
    Potentially you could get Saorview directly using an indoor satellite depending on your location.

or

b) The management company installed and maintain the dish. In that case it is very likely that Saorview has been added to the signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dubrov wrote: »
    Yes for the satellite signal (all the main UK channels). You could just plug a Freesat box into it directly and ti will work.

You'll need to check with your management company to see if Saorview (Irish channels) is available on it. The setup will be either

a) Sky install and maintain the satellite. In that case they own the dish and cabling so will not add the Saorview signal to it. Technically they could disconnect you if you termiante your sub but they won't.
    Potentially you could get Saorview directly using an indoor satellite depending on your location.

or

b) The management company installed and maintain the dish. In that case it is very likely that Saorview has been added to the signal.

Thanks, I already know it's a sky install and it doesn't have Saorview.

Had multiroom before and disabled it and still had UK freeview but just wanted to be certain it would work with the setups being spoken about here.

Advertisement