Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Beers night!

• 21-05-2017 9:58am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Now.

You've never attended before,

But....

I'm having an Arcade and Retro night in my place on the evening of the 3rd of June.

I have invited you shower from the Ninty forum and, so far, only the mod has ever turned up.

So, here's the invite again.

Just, if you decide to come along, PM me for directions, I live outside Swords, and it's not too hard to find, with a car, and googlemaps....

Also, be aware that non-Nintendo games will certainly be there in large amounts, and possibly played to excess, which may be upsetting to some of you... I apologise in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Would have loved to go this but I shall be in Portlaoise watching the mighty Dubs that night.

Great idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Feck, would have been interested in this but only just seen this post now, don't check this area enough :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hey, it's on this coming Saturday, and will be a blast.
    Always is!
    Mostly standing around, chatting about videogames , with like minded people!

Also, there's typically an epic attempt at something awful, and probably a big multiplayer festival with Bomberman and MarioKart on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wouldn't have minded going up to your man cave again but I've to go look for another cave st the weekend. The alliwee caves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, last call for this, it's on tomorrow night in my place.
    Should be a bit of a laugh, always has been up to now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I would like to attend but monetary constraints mean I cannot afford the trip, nor the time off.

Next time hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'd love to go, but it sounds like a social occasion, so that's me out. Livestream it though, and I'll read the thread people write about it.

So, you don't do social engagements?
    Don't be a wallflower, get out there and mingle with your peers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Banjo wrote: »
    I'd love to go, but it sounds like a social occasion, so that's me out. Livestream it though, and I'll read the thread people write about it.

I heartily endorse this view of life.

Also hope a evening of fun and Retro entertainment is enjoyed by all who attend.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

We post on the Arcade and Retro forum about it.
    Should be a blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thanks but Swords is a wee bit far from Donegal.

Enjoy yourselves!

So, it looks like I'm throwing a night of gaming goodness in my place on the 9.6.18.
    Should be great laugh.
    While all consoles will be represented, from now to waaaay back when, there does seem to be an understandable focus on Nintendo!
    So, all are welcome, it's always good to meet humans, put faces on those avatars here on the forum.
    And I don't think anyone has ever failed to have a good time at these events, so if you are about on that date, come along!

I live outside Swords, a couple of miles, and a car is probably handiest, so I can give directions to any who need them.
    But if lifts might be needed, chime in.

And any special requests of what to play on the night, we've had some amazing evenings, including the night of the projectors/LAN 8 player Mario Kart DD, just incredible.

So, while it has had only one or two from this forum in the past, I'd love to see more of you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Great idea but unfortunately I'm away on a stag. Sorry to miss out. Hope it goes well. Cheers for the invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, it looks like I'm throwing a night of gaming goodness in my place on the 9.6.18.
    Should be great laugh.
    While all consoles will be represented, from now to waaaay back when, there does seem to be an understandable focus on Nintendo!
    So, all are welcome, it's always good to meet humans, put faces on those avatars here on the forum.
    And I don't think anyone has ever failed to have a good time at these events, so if you are about on that date, come along!

I live outside Swords, a couple of miles, and a car is probably handiest, so I can give directions to any who need them.
    But if lifts might be needed, chime in.

And any special requests of what to play on the night, we've had some amazing evenings, including the night of the projectors/LAN 8 player Mario Kart DD, just incredible.

So, while it has had only one or two from this forum in the past, I'd love to see more of you there.

So it would be the night of June 9th, looks like a Saturday night? How far are you from the airport? I could get a bus to the airport from my place and then taxi from there to you. Would definitely be cool to meet, play games and put faces to avatars!

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    So it would be the night of June 9th, looks like a Saturday night? How far are you from the airport? I could get a bus to the airport from my place and then taxi from there to you. Would definitely be cool to meet, play games and put faces to avatars!

Cheers,
    M

I'm only ten minutes from the airport, not too far at all.
    And Swords might be even handier tbh, as I may be picking others up from there as well.
    Let me know.
    The date will be confirmed in the coming days.

I'm only ten minutes from the airport, not too far at all.
    And Swords might be even handier tbh, as I may be picking others up from there as well.
    Let me know.
    The date will be confirmed in the coming days.

Once I get to the airport I have no problem getting a taxi to either Swords or directly to your place.

Thanks,
    M

No bother

So, this night is incoming, can I not entice a few more Nintendo fans along for the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I might be interested, out in Donabate so not to far

Will need to see closer to the night though.

How close to swords are you?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I might be interested, out in Donabate so not to far

Will need to see closer to the night though.

How close to swords are you?

I've been working in Ita's for the past 24 years, only up the road! I'm around the corner from Kettles Country House, on the Rathbeale road.

• Advertisement

On the night,.this coming Saturday, attendees can expect the following

Conversation about games, face to face, with actual people!
    Games
    More conversation edging into debate about games
    More food
    Some really bad games
    More games.

On the night,.this coming Saturday, attendees can expect the following

Conversation about games, face to face, with actual people!
    Games
    More conversation edging into debate about games
    More food
    Some really bad games
    More games.

What time are you kicking off?

Folk probably get here for 8pm, so about that.
    It's good fun.

If anyone wants directions let me know and I'll PM my eircode, probably the easiest way to find my place.

Folk probably get here for 8pm, so about that.
    It's good fun.

If anyone wants directions let me know and I'll PM my eircode, probably the easiest way to find my place.

Thanks and feel free to PM me your Eircode.

All the best,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not looking good for making this as a few things on this weekend and only so many free passes from my wife :)

Enjoy lads

Throwing this up here.
    Probably going to be a Gaming Get Together in my place in early December, for the Christmas don't you know.
    It's always great fun and plenty of chat with priests your own age....
    But seriously, it's a blast, might even be some classic Nintendo action down the back!
    I'll post up a confirmed date closer to the time.

So, the Christmas Beers night is fast approaching.
    It's on this coming Friday, the 7.12.18.
    There's an invite to all and sundry here in the Ninty forum, not seeing enough of you at these things!
    All I can promise on the night is tons of chat about games new and old, plenty of games to be played, and sausage rolls, because you have to have sausage rolls...

If anyone fancies coming along, PM me and I'll send the googlemaps link to you.

My place is roughly halfway between Swords and Ashbourne, not too far from Dublin Airport.

If anyone wants to bring something weird and wonderful to show off, be it a game, a system or interesting patch of hair they've recently spotted, by all means!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One of these days I'll actually turn up to one of these not this time though :(

unfortunately once again I must decline hope you have a great turnout

One of these days I'll actually turn up to one of these not this time though :(

unfortunately once again I must decline hope you have a great turnout

Sorry you won't be there old friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Fair play for the open invite. Unfortunately I'm out of the country. Have a great time.

Advertisement