Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy seats in Aviva for leinster v bath!??

• 03-03-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Rugby newbie here....

Want to book tickets to leinster v bath in april. Have never been to aviva and when prompted to choose seats I had no idea which were best...
    Its probably a very stupid question and will have most of you sniggering im sure but which side should I be sitting on and which block is best etc......i know....sorry!...

any help appreciated, please try not to mock me too much!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

East or west upper stands, as close to the halfway line as you can. After that, it's much of a muchness.

I don't like the lower stands in the Aviva, the view is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What TF said!

• Administrators Posts: 53,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The first ~10 rows of the upper tier provide the best view (other than the premium level seats).

The sides are better, but behind the goal in the South upper is not bad. I would take the first 10 rows in the south upper over seats in the lower deck at the half way line personally.

Lower deck isn't steep enough tbh. The best seats are the back few rows but then you're sitting underneath the concrete of the tier above and will lose out on atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Thanks all, tickets booked, best I could get was South stand behind the post, 2nd row of the Middle tier so sounds good, looking forward to it. Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thanks all, tickets booked, best I could get was South stand behind the post, 2nd row of the Middle tier so sounds good, looking forward to it. Thanks for the help!

That's where I sat for the England game, and for the Toulouse game. Great atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Are tickets selling well for this match? Anyone think it would be a sell out? If so i think 51,000 will be a record for a quarter final match. I know for group games it's been larger in the past but not for QFs.

Middle tier? Premium level?

Good seats in there and short bar queues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Another key thing with Aviva is where you approach stadium from.

If you come in from the wrong side the stewards can be right little jobsworths and add about a mile onto your walk.

Agree- front of the upper is best value. Lower tier is too shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

durkadurka wrote: »
    Another key thing with Aviva is where you approach stadium from.

If you come in from the wrong side the stewards can be right little jobsworths and add about a mile onto your walk.

Agree- front of the upper is best value. Lower tier is too shallow.

Interesting to hear what people say about the lower stand, as I have never really sought it out - I have been at the back of it in the south stand, and find it not too bad.....as allocated by my Leinster ST. When buying for Ireland games I prefer the upper stand, preferably West (shorter walk!). Brilliant view from upper stands, even if you are quite far back.

I think anyone with a North or south stand Leinster ST is put in the South Lower as I'm usually there too about 3 rows from the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭timaru89

Used to always go for lower tier, either west or east, but sat in the upper tier for AI's last year and view was definitely better so bought there again for 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

awec wrote: »
    I think anyone with a North or south stand Leinster ST is put in the South Lower as I'm usually there too about 3 rows from the back.

Yep, I think you're right. It's not bad there, and we generally stay there rather than upgrade as we want to be sure of getting seats together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭crisco10

Defo upper tier for me.

Been all around the ground and as said before the front 10 rows of upper tier anywhere are perfect. Lower deck is far too shallow, even for someone of average height like me (5'10), the person in front of you's head inevitablity gets in your way.

For most matches I actively seek out South Upper, front rows. For most matches, these tickets represent the best value for money imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

From my experience, there isn't a bad seat on the lower level where as on the upper level there is quite a few, some with restricted view. You can't go wrong with premium level either.

Advertisement