Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

phog wrote: »
    Munster squad are doing the race again this year.
    Great idea from Simon Mannix(iirc) that im delighted to see they've retained. Groups last year started in Kilkee, Castleisland, Nenagh,
    Skibbereen, Dungarvan and Killaloe to get to Youghal

Some of the clubs have said already they'll be hosting players with the full list clubs out tomorrow and they've to try to get to Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Looking at the irfu annual reports section onthe loan to munster over thomond there is going to be a lot of pressure on munster to sell 10 year tickets when the current ones expire in a few years.

Just out if curiosity anyone have a ball park figure of how much 10 year tickets usually go for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

twinytwo wrote: »
    Just out if curiosity anyone have a ball park figure of how much 10 year tickets usually go for?

In 2007 they may have went for five and a bit thousand

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

twinytwo wrote: »

I would imagine they go for a lot less now than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Rosie Foley fulfilled a childhood dream of swimming the English Channel on Saturday.

No mean feat, congratulations to her.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Rosie Foley fulfilled a childhood dream of swimming the English Channel on Saturday.

No mean feat, congratulations to her.
    And only few weeks after being one of first two to swim length lough derg. but relevance to thread??

Routes for Munster Race announced
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18815.php

And only few weeks after being one of first two to swim length lough derg. but relevance to thread??

Routes for Munster Race announced
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18815.php

She's a former Munster player and I thought it deserved a mention and recognition.

If a mod decides it's not relevant or dragging the thread off topic they can delete it.

The teams for the Munster race
    Find details of groups and general routes below:

Group 1: Shane Buckley, Ivan Dineen, Denis Hurley, Barry O'Mahony, Johne Murphy, Conor Murray, Damien Varley

Drop-off: Doolin, Co. Clare
    Sponsor Challenge: SEAT
    General route: Clare-Limerick-Kerry

Group 2: Alan Cotter, Dave Foley, Ian Keatley, Dave O'Callaghan, John Ryan, Gerhard van den Heever, Simon Zebo

Drop-off: Roscrea, Co. Tipperary
    Sponsor Challenge: Coca Cola
    General route: Tipperary-Limerick-Cork-Kerry

Group 3: Andrew Conway, Sean Dougall, Dave Kilcoyne, Luke O'Dea, Tommy O'Donnell, Niall Scannell, Duncan Williams

Drop-off: Waterford City
    Sponsor Challenge: Bank of Ireland
    General route: Waterford-Cork-Kerry

Group 4: Paddy Butler, JJ Hanrahan, Billy Holland, Martin Kelly, Donncha O'Callaghan, Peter O'Mahony, Mike Sherry

Drop-off: Cork City
    Sponsor Challenge: Timberland
    General route: Cork-Kerry

Group 5: BJ Botha, Keith Earls, Johnny Holland, Felix Jones, Kevin O'Byrne, Ronan O'Mahony, Felix Jones

Drop-off: Killaloe, Co. Clare
    Sponsor Challenge: Life Style Sports
    General route: Clare-Limerick-Kerry

Group 6: Stephen Archer, Cian Bohane, Duncan Casey, Robin Copeland, James Cronin, Paul O'Connell, Cathal Sheridan, CJ Stander

Drop-off: Bandon, Co. Cork
    Sponsor Challenge: Irish Independent
    General route: Cork-Ring of Kerry

#MunRace14

This year each team has a sponsor and I see when the players from their respective teams tweet they use the Sponsor as the team name. The sponsors might not have coughed up anything more for this race but it gives them a bit more publicity. Nice touch.

For anyone in London thinking of heading to the pre season game
    MRSC (@MRSC16) tweeted at 11:52 AM on Tue, Jul 29, 2014:
    Preseason bus- London to Gloucester.

Central London to Gloucester on Saturday 23rd of August, subject to minimum... http://t.co/Ak5SgZgdBr

• Advertisement

Anyone down Killed way, here's your chance
    Ivan Dineen (@IvanDineen) tweeted at 9:11 PM on Tue, Jul 29, 2014:
    If anyone fancies a game of tip rugby on kilkee beach tomorrow at 2.30 pop down team SEAT will be passing through!!
    #MunRace14

Starting in Killaloe at 9:45
    Ronan O'Mahony (@RonanOMahony1) tweeted at 10:32 PM on Tue, Jul 29, 2014:
    Our Route is Killaloe - Adare - Shanagolden - Newcastle West - Killarney #Team5 #MunRace14 #TheDreamTeam

The new Away Jersey was launched today

adidas_Alternate_Group14_Article_rdax_80.jpg

Doesn't do much for me, prefer the red or navy jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I like it :rolleyes:(typing this as he sits in his 2013 illuminous yellow shirt)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Be nicer without the black shoulders.

TBH at first look it looks like a referee kit.

awec wrote: »
    Be nicer without the black shoulders.

TBH at first look it looks like a referee kit.
    Yeah agree on both counts. Id love that to be colour of ref jersey, almost as good as pink jerseys we use at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I like it. Will have to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I like the way the crest is done, just being the outline. Would prefer that on the home jerseys tbh. Don't really like it otherwise than that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

It's a little garish and not a fan of the stag embossing but at least no unicorns were involved...Still think that navy away strip is the nicest jersey in the last while. Simple and not flashy.

Live blog on the Race which kicks off this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.thescore.ie/paul-oconnell-munster-ireland-pre-season-1595061-Jul2014/

Calling for Patience with the coaching staff, same way Schmidt had a poor first month and then it got much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

POC on Fla:

“It’s the same with Jerry; it’s certainly been strange to be coached by Jerry. I’m trying to keep a straight face at times, because he’s like a different person when he’s coaching. He’s meticulous in his preparation and everyone knows that.

“But it’s funny to see how focused he is, whereas for the last few years certainly, I know him from a social point of view. Even with Jerry, I probably haven’t had as much craic with him as I had in recent months [before he re-joined Munster]. But I’m experienced enough to know that that’s the way it has to be, and he is as well.”

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

This Munster Race is easily the best entertainment on the planet..

Keatley just crashed the car, and someone comments, "Hit the post again Ian".... Quality...

twitter .com/iankeatley/status/494416204845809664/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

If it makes Murray look pregnant, I'd hate to see what it will do to the standard fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There's a photo the tops that, its of Donnacha Ryan in a red sleeveless top at the reins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

ssaye2 wrote: »
    http://www.thescore.ie/paul-oconnell-munster-ireland-pre-season-1595061-Jul2014/

Calling for Patience with the coaching staff, same way Schmidt had a poor first month and then it got much better.

No worries there, their Munster background will give them a lot more breathing space than foreign coaches would get.

Bishop Damien getting a kick up the arse

BtybzxbIYAAEOpA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement