Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CIP4 wrote: »
    Yes well within 100km. It looked the same mileage on it today that there was in the video they sent me Tuesday. What do you mean by the above as in people would be driving it ?

I'd rag it around on the trip to the wash anyway ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Was today your first time seeing/driving it? Thursday is ages away too! I would have lifted it today, I get v inpatient with that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd tell them not to valet it TBH....get that done properly & without adding fook loads of swirling.

Could there be any joy in picking your new to you car up from the dealer dirty?

Unless the previous owner has been washing it with unicorn tears, one more wash wont make any great odds to it. Even the worst dealers turn out most used cars to be fairly well presented.

Which dealer CIP :pac:

The previous owner could have it meticulous.... 20 mins with a dealers p1ss poor valeting dept could be damaging.
    IMO of course...which is unbiased.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Leather seats or tartin ?

Tartin which I prefer on the GTI looks wise plus the heritage of them makes it feel like a GTI inside.
    vintagevrs wrote: »
    Was today your first time seeing/driving it? Thursday is ages away too! I would have lifted it today, I get v inpatient with that sort of stuff.

Yes first time driving it seeing it in person today. They sent me a video early this week literally straight away once the car came in. It looked very clean so I bought it pending inspection. As realistically the minute they put proper pictures up on Carzone it would off been well sold to someone else by today.

Yes they don't give out cars on a Saturday is what I was told as its their busiest day. I didn't really understand that until I arrived at the place today and to be fair it was very busy. They are also getting one of the alloys repaired as there is slight damage so that will take a couple of days. But yes might be a long week in working thinking about it.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    The previous owner could have it meticulous.... 20 mins with a dealers p1ss poor valeting dept could be damaging.
    IMO of course...which is unbiased.

The previous owner could have put it through the automated brush wash at Tesco every week.

I dont know what people think happen in dealer valeting departments tbh. Most of the lads i've met working in them in various dealers are into cleaning cars and enjoy making a car look well. I'd be more concerned about the damage the valeters do driving it that valeting it if anything tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Could there be any joy in picking your new to you car up from the dealer dirty?

Unless the previous owner has been washing it with unicorn tears, one more wash wont make any great odds to it. Even the worst dealers turn out most used cars to be fairly well presented.

Which dealer CIP :pac:

I was just going to say the VW dealer in Dublin didn't realise there was 4 VW garages. The one in Liffey Valley.

Looks like it was washed in a rush alright. Is there damage though?

The previous owner could have put it through the automated brush wash at Tesco every week.

I dont know what people think happen in dealer valeting departments tbh. Most of the lads i've met working in them in various dealers are into cleaning cars and enjoy making a car look well. I'd be more concerned about the damage the valeters do driving it that valeting it if anything tbh.

Yeah.... Opinions and arseholes etc etc

Unfortunately they were never going to send the wheels anywhere off-site for professional treatment....valetor was probably tasked with "fixing" them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

with a rattle can no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OSI wrote: »
    Figure I'll give an update on this.

Picked up car after service on Monday and at first my attention was caught by just how dirty it was after being "cleaned".

SkineWfl.jpg

IUibnsMl.jpg

F2driU4l.jpg

Yl3tTKsl.jpg

Got home and decided to check the wheels because I had a couple of recent threads about damaged alloys in my head and this was the state of the wheels after they changed the tyres:

MGKJPOnl.jpg

wXPdKuml.jpg

r47pKo9l.jpg

nZGJExWl.jpg

CbVRQurl.jpg

Informed them of damage and they were very quick to admit fault and sought to resolve the issue ASAP. Happy out I dropped the car back on Thursday to get the wheels repaired and left it with them happy they were going to do a decent job.

Car was left back reading a range to empty of 340km. I didn't take note of odometer but it was recorded as 31690 at the service and had only done the trip home, 2 trips to Maynooth and the trip back to the dealer on Thursday, 100 km at most.

Collected car on Friday and inspected wheels, first thought was that it was somewhat odd after repairing the alloys that they didn't even bother to remove the excess glue or black rubber marks on the wheels, but from a glance in the car park the damage seemed fix. However I hit an immediate snag in that the car now read that it had a range to empty of exactly 0 km! Odometer now also read in excess of 32,100km. Dealer quickly tried to rectify this by chucking what they had available on site into the tank and said that if I sent a copy of receipt for a diesel top up he'd repay it. Wife and toddler were in car so I wasn't going to do much in the way of arguing and headed home. I've looked at the wheels since and it's very apparent that rather than fixed any damage, they've sprayed over. i.e, you can still see the gouges in the metal.

To say my head is wrecked would be an understatement. Think I'll skip the dealer entirely and go straight to VW Ireland at this stage.

****ing, woooooow. That is some level bull****. At this point I would demand new wheel. And the whole millage **** is just taking a piss. Ah sure, it's here, let's use it as a run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That’s very bad service from VW dealer. Shocking damage.
    I would put everything in writing at this stage and ask for explanation for the mileage racked up as well as replacement alloys. They have devalued your car and if on pcp reduced you equity.
    I presume you bought the car from them, so it is in their interest to keep you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone else head to Terenure today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

I was there yes (white Golf R estate if you saw it).

Very impressive event I thought, I really enjoyed the day.

I was there yes (white Golf R estate if you saw it).

Very impressive event I thought, I really enjoyed the day.

I did actually yes. Had a walk around that and the red one across from you. Weather really brought a strong turnout. Likewise with the last time I was there Mercedes dominated the show numbers wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Little known fact about the Honda Civic.

Because the heater matrix is in the middle of the dash, the glovebox goes all the way back to the bulkhead, which really handy if you’re carrying lengths of timber. Just fold the seats flat and stick the ends into the glovebox. Think it takes 10ft lengths to the back of the boot.

45-EDCE4-E-0-D86-496-C-8-D94-CB4-E79-E52406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The glovebox is pathetic on the saloon!

Well...not as good as that anyway

Probably better off the colour is not correct, more things wrong so more chance of them replacing them or at least getting them refurbished professionally rather then let the on site goon at them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Anyone else head to Terenure today ?

Yeah I went for a few hours. Really enjoyed it, some very tasty cars at it

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Little known fact about the Honda Civic.

Because the heater matrix is in the middle of the dash, the glovebox goes all the way back to the bulkhead, which really handy if you’re carrying lengths of timber. Just fold the seats flat and stick the ends into the glovebox. Think it takes 10ft lengths to the back of the boot.

45-EDCE4-E-0-D86-496-C-8-D94-CB4-E79-E52406.jpg

Is that older Civic around 07? If remember right, a lot of people loved the way it was engineered. Even the backseats can fully fold up so have a massive space in the back space. It was still a thing in next generation,but current one is more conventional like all other cars. Good few Civic owners missed it.

Yeah there are a good few quirks. The petrol tank is under the front seats for example. The current model is very ordinary underneath all the weirdness.

Ahahahahhahahaha....

The wheels aren’t even the right colour!

Ahahahaha..... *sobs into coffee*

Get a swap set off a demo or off a brand new one that they’ll put on demo. It’ll be a lot cheaper than buying 4 wheels.
    Don’t accept a repair. It’ll never be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Hmmm... Dunno about that. This is just one panel that came back me to after I was made to wait 30 minutes to collect the car because it was "being washed" after being told it was ready to collect a good 40 minutes before that.

I dropped my car in for a service to main dealer last week, front and rear pads, washer fluid, (had topped it up 2 day previous) paid came home, read through the sheet of what they done and receipt,
    "Complimentary Wash and hoover"
    ....not a drop of water was used or a a vac shown to the car, so I thought to myself ..should I ring about it..So I said bugger it, E550 bill and they said wash and vac was included, So I did, girl was apologetic, said it should have been done, and will advise service manager, who will contact me.....he didn't,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Anyone see this on You-Tube recently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6GyT5cV6jw

No surprise tbh. I'd definitely believe the insurance companies figures on dodgy claims but their attitude stinks in how there handling it as you can see. Much easier for them and maybe, and I emphasise maybe, for the Guards as well to just pass the cost onto other folk.

And as well it's probably fair to say that the Gardaí don't have the resources to tackle insurance fraud full on, especially in the motor sector.

Until both the high injury pay outs and particularly the claim culture mentality goes away, which I believe will never or not soon anyways, we'll always be paying through our hole each year. Except for Maureen from Wexford who's 55 years of age and drives a Yaris 1.0l and pays €250 a year of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Cost of pursuing it comes into it as well - legal bills can potentially rack up to quite a tidy sum wiping out any saving.

I find it odd that no one on the insurance side of things pointed out that the Gardai are generally useless and let things drag out for years. Can you imagine the Gardai trying to deal with an extra 5,000 calls a year about potential fraud, and the Gardai are the ones that have to prove one way or the other?

Nonsense. I do believe the figures are exaggerated, however, I also believe it's childish to expect the Gardai to be the saving grace (or even acceptably competent) for such situations when they can barely get the basics of policing right.

No surprise tbh. I'd definitely believe the insurance companies figures on dodgy claims but their attitude stinks in how there handling it as you can see. Much easier for them and maybe, and I emphasise maybe, for the Guards as well to just pass the cost onto other folk.

And as well it's probably fair to say that the Gardaí don't have the resources to tackle insurance fraud full on, especially in the motor sector.

Until both the high injury pay outs and particularly the claim culture mentality goes away, which I believe will never or not soon anyways, we'll always be paying through our hole each year. Except for Maureen from Wexford who's 55 years of age and drives a Yaris 1.0l and pays €250 a year of course.

But insurance companies making it worse and worse themselves. These scumbags know that, insurance company will try to settle each time, instead off calling out on bull****. More scummers get away, the more they do it.
    If insurance companies would fight it properly, even at hire cost, the less chancers would try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a set of 16inch alloys for a 2011 Avensis. Size 5×114.3? No luck on donedeal or adverts. Local scrap yard had a set but they were in bits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement