Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

NIMAN wrote: »
    To be honest, not sure what I should ask for.
    Want to make me an offer I can't refuse?

Contact Phil Fitzgerald at Electric Autos. He'll tell you a fair price. If you don't know it's value then you're ripe for a bad offer.

Not suggesting that anyone here would scam you of course.

I just sent Phil a message, I'll let you know ow what he replies.

Why are you selling it out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would prefer a coiled one, simple as that.
    It would be rarely used now since I got the home charge point installed, and with the crumbling charger infrastructure, will see little use.

If thr selling price was too low and I had to add too much for a coiled one, I'd just hang on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ltd440

152 leaf with 39 k miles for 11 grand jasnobriencars.ie
    seems like good value although plenty of boardsies dont like this particular dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

ltd440 wrote: »
    152 leaf with 39 k miles for 11 grand jasnobriencars.ie
    seems like good value although plenty of boardsies dont like this particular dealer

€12k
    No price on the one with 39k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

plenty of boardsies dont like this particular dealer

I wonder why that is. Surely the man doesn't have any criminal convictions for assault or anything like that?

he has it on donedeal for 10950 euro and the ad says 39000 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

Thinking of having a look at this for my first EV, any expert opinions before I do please ?

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/nissan-leaf-2014/14032305

Ron Scott wrote: »
    Thinking of having a look at this for my first EV, any expert opinions before I do please ?

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/leaf/nissan-leaf-2014/14032305

Can you find out whether it had the 6.6kw charger? Also what cables are supplied?

It's the Tekna model so leather seats, 360 degree camera etc.

Top spec SVE version, doesn't say whether it has the 6.6 Kw charger or not, now I know people will say "oh no not another 6.6 Kw charger spiel by Lachlan Teeny Pillar"....... however, I lived with the 24 Kwh leaf for almost 3 years , 82,500 Kms and am in a pretty good position to advise about it.

The Leaf has a fast charge port but, it's not particularly fast charging. 18-85% can take 40 mins and 45 - 50 mins especially during the colder weather, the battery charges slower the colder it is.

Anyway, I got the 6.6 Kw charger because I thought to myself that it would make life easier to have the faster charging option on AC as we have a lot of AC points around the Island and I am really glad I spent the extra which you won't have to spend 2nd hand.

Charging twice as fast on AC means a hell of a lot less time waiting around at fast charge points , find an AC point in town, plug in and after 2-3 hrs you will have a charged or almost charged car and the beauty is that you may even have 90-100 % which is a lot more than you'll usually have the patience of waiting for at fast charge points , charging beyond 80% in a 24 Kwh leaf is a painful experience because the power it pulls from the charger is very little at this point.

You can install a 32 amp home charge point too which will half the time needed to charge at home which might be handy for a quick boost if you find yourself running low.

Anyway it's not the end of the world if you have a 3.3 Kw charger but think of this, if a DC point is down which happened me recently before I got rid of the Leaf then you're only hope is an AC point and this saved me waiting twice as long to get going again......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭KCross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭stesaurus

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

stesaurus wrote: »

3.3Kw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

The inlaws are looking for an EV and want a Leaf Acenta. Budget has been set at E10k cash. Willing to go UK. 6.6obc

goz83 wrote: »
    The inlaws are looking for an EV and want a Leaf Acenta. Budget has been set at E10k cash. Willing to go UK.

132 (Gen 1.5) White 3.3kW OBC - £9750
    https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-accenta-24kwh-2013.93641/

Im sure there is much better value but just to kick things off! :)

If they hold off 6 months or so I'll be selling my 141 Tekna 6.6 Leaf for fairly close to their budget!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    If they hold off 6 months or so I'll be selling my 141 Tekna 6.6 Leaf for fairly close to their budget!

Cheers. I will say that to them, but I think they want to buy now (in the next week or two), because their 2005 ford focus is spending more time getting fixed than it is driving.

I found a few contenders.....strangely the cheapest one I found jumped by a thousand pound inside of an hour. They asked me to make enquiries about it, but at new price, it's not competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

DrPhilG wrote: »

PM sent, DrPhilG

Found one in Liverpool. A bit over budget at £10350 plus flights and ferry at ~€300.....but there is less than 9k miles on the clock and it's a 6.6OBC Acenta. Collecting Saturday morning all going well. Driving to Holyhead (100 miles from garage) rather than Liverpool port (20 miles) because the ferry from holyhead is much cheaper and sail times are more suitable.

335923-001_1.jpg

• Advertisement

Good luck!
    Check those rear tyres for uneven wear.

And don't forget to close the charge port door! :pac:

Best of luck, the trip home will be fun ! :-)

Driving to Holyhead (100 miles from garage) rather than Liverpool port (20 miles) because the ferry from holyhead is much cheaper

Woot?

When I booked the overnight midweek ferry from Liverpool was less than half the price of the Holyhead ferry. At €58 it was ridiculously cheap considering I got a hot meal after boarding, I got a free upgrade to a clean cabin all for myself, there were only about two dozen pax on board (the rest cargo) and I got a hot breakfast in the morning after I had a lovely shower to wake me up. I flew to Nottingham at 8PM and was back home at 11AM. It was a lovely trip - hope you'll enjoy yours too :)

The zero charging stress to only have to cover 20 miles alone, would weigh in heavily for me too...

NIMAN wrote: »
    3.3Kw?

They can all be upgraded to 6.6kW for free with a laptop in about 15 minutes ;)

unkel wrote: »
    Woot?

When I booked the overnight midweek ferry from Liverpool was less than half the price of the Holyhead ferry. At €58 it was ridiculously cheap considering I got a hot meal after boarding, I got a free upgrade to a clean cabin all for myself, there were only about two dozen pax on board (the rest cargo) and I got a hot breakfast in the morning after I had a lovely shower to wake me up. I flew to Nottingham at 8PM and was back home at 11AM. It was a lovely trip - hope you'll enjoy yours too :)

The zero charging stress to only have to cover 20 miles alone, would weigh in heavily for me too...

The main thing is the departure time. Car will be collected around 10am. The Liverpool ferry leaves at 9pm. That’s a lot of waiting around. I estimate it will take 3-3.5 hours to get to holyhead stopping for charges twice.....possibly 3 times (100 miles) in the cold weather. The Liverpool ferry is £250 compared to £150 at holyhead. The holyhead ferry is at 5. There is one at 2, but I wouldn’t want to risk missing it if there is any delay with the car, or chargers.

The Liverpool ferry is £250

That's crazy money! Probably because it's a Saturday. Would you not have considered a weekday ferry? If you work 9-5 (in Dublin) you would arrive in work nearly 2 hours late, but many people have a bit of flexibility when it comes to that.

That's crazy money! Probably because it's a Saturday. Would you not have considered a weekday ferry? If you work 9-5 (in Dublin) you would arrive in work nearly 2 hours late, but many people have a bit of flexibility when it comes to that.

I'm now officially a student, so I have some flexibility. However, the car is for mammy and daddy in-law. The brother in law is coming for the trip (adding less than €100 to overall travel costs). He can't take time off work and the saving is only around 50 quid at the moment. He shares his dads name, making the transfer of ownership a lot handier.

They can all be upgraded to 6.6kW for free with a laptop in about 15 minutes ;)

is this really true ? who can do this ? we are planning to buy a second hand leaf this year so this would make the search a lot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭stesaurus

is this really true ? who can do this ? we are planning to buy a second hand leaf this year so this would make the search a lot easier

Not the car but the charger!

• Advertisement

He shares his dads name, making the transfer of ownership a lot handier.

There is a field on the form specially there for when you buy the car for someone else. So that should make no difference

But reading between the lines, hopefully you had a nice lads night out / road trip even though it cost a bit of money :p

Advertisement