Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I robbed this pic from GvidoR the other day, from our little meet when I as up the country :)

379532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

:cool:

WTF? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

YbFocus wrote: »
    our little meet when I as up the country :)

Are you actually trying to start a riot?? :pac:

Are you actually trying to start a riot?? :pac:

According to the following it is ok....

Section 14.4.a
    Public meetings
    Thou shalt only hold meetings publicly.
    Meetings of two or more cars must be pre organised.
    All of forum 47 must be eligible to show up.
    Anyone not invited is fully allowed to raise ****storm in proceeding weeks.

I'd be the same KKV. It's nowhere near what I imagined it would look like. The only thing I'd say to you is be careful putting a powerhose near them. You said there's a few small bits of silver around the edges - it should be primer and even then you don't want to give water a way in as it will take the paint right off. Otherwise the finish looks spot on!

I'm not sure if that's something I need to be overly concerned with. Obviously I'll be careful, but he did say something to the effect of there being 6 coats on it (2 primer, 3 paint and 1 sealer i think) and that it was some special type of paint that's quite tough (he gave the name but I can't recall).

I'm not sure if im dragging it out now, but i got a few photos of them being done, so i'll just post them up incase anyone's interested (I find this kinda thing very interesting, but presume the majority don't).

IMG_3425.jpg

wheels01.jpg

wheels02.jpg

wheels03.jpg

wheels04.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just when you said you can see silver means that the old paint isn't covered. Water at pressure under that can go under the final coat. It's something worth being aware of if you use a pressure washer to clean it.

If it's not all final coat that you see there's a way in for water is all I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Picture of my Passat and a friends a4 out in airside on Friday night. (Picture is not my own.)
    FB_IMG_1457208975392.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Why does nobody fit tyres properly anymore :mad:

brembo26 wrote: »
    Why does nobody fit tyres properly anymore :mad:

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

red dot should go to the valve :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Ipro

New baby!! :-)

anyone know how I can add photo to post rather than link you have to click into ?

brembo26 wrote: »
    red dot should go to the valve :o

Wow really ok :o

Jesus is it a balance thing or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Ipro wrote: »

anyone know how I can add photo to post rather than link you have to click into ?

Just use the IMG tag. [IMG][/img]https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/657982/379556.jpeg

Imgur or Flickr are good for hosting pics.

379556.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Ipro wrote: »

What GvidoR said :)

Wow really ok :o

Jesus is it a balance thing or something?

Thats exactly it! heaviest part of the tyre gets a red dot and normally goes to the valve so its handier balance but its rarely done anymore.

Its more what I was taught and slight ocd that bothers me about it :pac:

(red dot to the valve really is the right way though ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

From cars and coffee today.
    379568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Picture of my Passat and a friends a4 out in airside on Friday night. (Picture is not my own.)

Just curious, but why put Mercedes badged alloys on a Volkswagen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

AMGer wrote: »

They look real nice imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

If you Google alphards there's more Mercedes alphard wheels on VAG stuff than Mercs.... I've also never seen alphards on a Merc either :(

Ever see monoblocks on a Peugeot 406....? :cool:

Why not? I like the look of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Picture of my Passat and a friends a4 out in airside on Friday night.

Don't think we'll be seeing anymore meets for the next while out there over that goon in the civic. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

From cars and coffee today.
    *unzips*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

2gxfwgo.jpg

Don't think we'll be seeing anymore meets for the next while out there over that goon in the civic. :(

Ooooh... what happened. Someone pullin' mad skidz, yo? :confused:

Rizee they are very blue, if a guard wants to he can go to town on you over them, they don't like blue lights on private cars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Rizee they are very blue, if a guard wants to he can go to town on you over them, they don't like blue lights on private cars :)

They're actually ice white!!! I know, they look mad blue in that picture though. Was parked up and had just the parking lights on as I've both the rings changed to the LED bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

rizzee wrote: »
    They're actually ice white!!! I know, they look mad blue in that picture though. Was parked up and had just the parking lights on as I've both the rings changed to the LED bulbs.

Are they ebay ice white, or real world ice white.
    If you see ice white in the description of anything coming from China, you can assume they actually mean "skanger blue"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

You need to get those RGB halos where you can change the colour with an app on your phone :pac:

"What blue lights guard?" :D

I tried for a long time before i found proper white ones, eventually found them in the uk.
    Not much more expensive than the ebay ones and didn't blow every month either!

• Advertisement

Yeah absolute tool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement