Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"BMW First"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

You couldn’t pay me to let them wash me car every month. Scratched to effin bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Thanks for that. Mine is due a service next month that should help reduce it a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

You couldn’t pay me to let them wash me car every month. Scratched to effin bits.

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Wailin wrote: »
    This is true.

if mine was 17/18 d then might be in agreement :P

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Topaz fuel card terms and conditions mention a 25 euro registration charge, anyone know if this is the case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

BrookieD wrote: »
    if mine was 17/18 d then might be in agreement :P

Is it a C Reg? Shame that.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

Just signed up for the three month free trial of the 2in1 Plus. Delighted with that as I'd been waiting until closer to the time my breaks were due to get done to sign up.

cyborg wrote: »
    Topaz fuel card terms and conditions mention a 25 euro registration charge, anyone know if this is the case?

I've just seen this too. If I'm getting charged €25 to sign up for the card, I'm not going to bother with that part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

SaintsYB wrote: »
    I've just seen this too. If I'm getting charged €25 to sign up for the card, I'm not going to bother with that part.

If you're insurance is with AXA you can get it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I always ask them NOT to wash my car when I am in there for a service, sometimes get confused looks from the service guy across the desk.

• Advertisement

I always ask them NOT to wash my car when I am in there for a service, sometimes get confused looks from the service guy across the desk.

are they really that bad?

I definitely saw one or two new scratch’s in the past when I let them wash my car. But I am one of those people who like to detail their car and spend way too much time and money doing that :)

I definitely saw one or two new scratch’s in the past when I let them wash my car. But I am one of those people who like to detail their car and spend way too much time and money doing that :)

I like a clean car but don't get into heavy detailing, but as i say if i got a 3 year old f10 i may think different, love my 520 though, best car ever owned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I also request the Audi dealer not to wash my A4 whenever I have it in the garage for work.

I don't detail my car but I have a specific wash routine I like to do myself and after three years it is thankfully scratch-free and there's no way I'd trust any garage - even a main dealer - to go near it with a brush or sponge or whatever they use to wash cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

No, they are fine.

Every car on a main dealers forecourt is washed by their valeting dept, 99.9% of cars that service in main dealers are washed by their valeting dept, none of them are "destroyed".

Some people are just particular about how they wash their car, which is fine. Unfortunately these people can be a little dramatic and also assume that everybody else feels so passionately about car washing and uses phrases like "ruined" and "destroyed".

If you've never paid particular attention to how your car is washed in the past, then a main dealer wash will certainly be no worse than anything it's seen before. It's a fairly standard wash process.

There is no €25 sign up fee with this BMW First scheme. I was not charged and I emailed them asking about it and they confirmed the fee is waived for BMW First.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

There is no €25 sign up fee with this BMW First scheme. I was not charged and I emailed them asking about it and they confirmed the fee is waived for BMW First.

Did you email bmwfirst@bmw.ie?
    I emailed them a few times, and I am not getting any response at all.

homik wrote: »
    Did you email bmwfirst@bmw.ie?
    I emailed them a few times, and I am not getting any response at all.

No it was a circlekcard.ie email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murph76

No, they are fine.

Every car on a main dealers forecourt is washed by their valeting dept, 99.9% of cars that service in main dealers are washed by their valeting dept, none of them are "destroyed".

Some people are just particular about how they wash their car, which is fine. Unfortunately these people can be a little dramatic and also assume that everybody else feels so passionately about car washing and uses phrases like "ruined" and "destroyed".

If you've never paid particular attention to how your car is washed in the past, then a main dealer wash will certainly be no worse than anything it's seen before. It's a fairly standard wash process.
    That´s it!
    Did the valeting last month and did not have any trouble...it took me some time to get an appointment at my dealer but waiting was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

No, they are fine.

I had an issue with a BMW main dealer who did in fact scratch the paintwork on my car was in for its end of warranty check (as it had its complementary car wash). It was eventually sorted and rectified after a little resistance from the dealer.

Think of it this way....all cars that come to be serviced, lease cars, end of warranty checks and now BMW first get a complementary "wash". On a busy day that would quantify as a significant amount of cars that the valet department have to wash. At the end of the day it comes down to throughput and not a quality valet.

From a marketing perspective its perfect for them they targeted their customer demographic and got the customer to pay for the privilege!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Murph76

Three months free - Be quick!

"To help celebrate the autumnal festivities, we’re offering our customers a special 3 month free trial of the BMW FIRST subscription.
    Just enter the coupon code “HALLOWEEN2018” at checkout. Subscribe below to get yours - offer ends today Halloween October 31st"

https://www.bmw-first.ie

Hey guys, just found this on their website. They have the same offer for Black Friday:

“The BLACK FRIDAY Countdown is on. Get 3 MONTH FREE TRIAL now with the coupon code: bf18”

https://www.bmw-first.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

Get a 4th month free if you use a friends referral link to sign up (1 month extra free for both parties)

https://www.bmw-first.ie?referral=152T1710&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BMW-FIRST_Friends

Has anyone had any issues redeeming their free car wash at Topaz/Circle K? I tried to redeem mine today and after she scanned the QR code, she said it was €3. I said it should be free as stated in the email but she said it came up as €3. In the end, I left it.

Has anyone had any issues redeeming their free car wash at Topaz/Circle K? I tried to redeem mine today and after she scanned the QR code, she said it was €3. I said it should be free as stated in the email but she said it came up as €3. In the end, I left it.

All Circle K car washes were €3 today for Black Friday

Just got a fluid top up, health check and valet / wash with wiper change in joe Duffy, first class service and love the new showroom, had a look at a 2017 520, might be my next car ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's where BMW First can get very expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Jesus I wouldn't let a dealer wash my car in a fit, they could do a grands damage to the paint in 10 minutes with their brushes and sponges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Yep. Had my car polished last Feb, like new and no swirl marks. Hand washed it myself until the water ban came in. Gave in and had the dealer wash it after 6 weeks of looking at it filthy. One wash and full of swirl marks. Never again.

No, they are fine.

I see what you mean...
    Jesus I wouldn't let a dealer wash my car in a fit, they could do a grands damage to the paint in 10 minutes with their brushes and sponges.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I see what you mean...

Depends on how much you care, and how much the effort the car is worth. However I would assume that many a BMW owner, who will pay a monthly subscription and change their wipers regularly, and book an appointment for a car-wash is reasonably particular....and those that are not couldn't be arsed with the inconvenience of the sales, service and marketing oppertunity for the dealer and brand, that is BMW first.

Advertisement