Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antibiotics and milk

• 07-11-2019 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

So I have started a course of Doxycycline for 7 days and started my two a day yesterday. I'm not looking for advice just in general I read that dairy can affect doxy absorption. I had mil with my cereal for breakfast past two mornings and had the tablet after so does that mean the dose is missed or it wasn't absorbed? I.e two out of 14 does essentially useless now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Milk affects the absorption of some tetracycline antibiotics but doesn’t have a significant effect on doxycycline so you don’t need to worry about taking it with your usual breakfast.
    Hope you feel better soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You should check with your GP or chemist rather than ask for opinions here regarding the potential affects of "antibotics and milk."

Advertisement