Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Busaras open all night?

• 06-11-2019 9:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

I see there are buses to Belfast at 1.15am and 3.35am however does this mean the building is open or does it mean the buses will just stop outside there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Patser

Station closes at 11.30 and services after that leave from outside the building- mostly on side with LUAS stop, including those Belfast services.

There are 24 hour security guards, meant to present when a service is loading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Patser wrote: »
    Station closes at 11.30 and services after that leave from outside the building- mostly on side with LUAS stop, including those Belfast services.

There are 24 hour security guards, meant to present when a service is loading

I have a question, I am trying to find a way to get out of paying for a hotel room this weekend when a concert is on. I was thinking I could get a bus to Dublin Airport and wait there a few hours and then get the bus to Belfast in the morning, I also need to get a connecting bus at Belfast at 8am. I wonder would Dublin airport allow you to be in the airport at night without a flight ticket? If that plan doesn't work I will have to wait around Belfast for 4 hours from 4am to 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Yeah you can go to the airport and wait there, go upstairs to the food court and people lay and sit down up there. Never known anybody to be checked for a flight ticket, think you'll be fine. You could always say you arrived on a flight and are waiting for the next bus, but nobody is going to ask I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If you’re not drunk, you’d probably get away with hanging around Dublin airport. Go into terminal 2 and go up the escalator. There’s some sofas around the coffee shop. You will take the chance that security ask to see your flight ticket though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

As stated above bus aras closes around 11 or so and physically “kicks out” Anyone waiting inside to the street outside to await their bus. I have witnessed this even on cold and rainy nights and I feel that bus aras could and should do better.

• Advertisement

JoseJones wrote: »
    Yeah you can go to the airport and wait there, go upstairs to the food court and people lay and sit down up there. Never known anybody to be checked for a flight ticket, think you'll be fine. You could always say you arrived on a flight and are waiting for the next bus, but nobody is going to ask I'm pretty sure.

OK thanks, I was just thinking of the departure luggage area seats at the door, I haven't been in that airport since 16 years so I don't know the layout.

If you’re not drunk, you’d probably get away with hanging around Dublin airport. Go into terminal 2 and go up the escalator. There’s some sofas around the coffee shop. You will take the chance that security ask to see your flight ticket though.

No i wouldn't be drinking, I would prefer just to use those seats you get in the luggage drop off areas if there is any

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

As stated above bus aras closes around 11 or so and physically “kicks out†Anyone waiting inside to the street outside to await their bus. I have witnessed this even on cold and rainy nights and I feel that bus aras could and should do better.

I waited many a time in the freezing cold outside for it to open to wait sitting down in the freezing cold inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

And despite being adjacent to the architecturally magnificent Store Street Garda Station, hanging around outside Busaras is an unpleasant/unsafe experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

Go to the airport and kip upstairs in terminal 1. It's safe and you are left alone. I do it all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement