Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommendations for a False Fireplace

• 29-10-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Hello, can anyone recommend a supplier of False Fireplaces.

I'm not 100% I have the name correct.
    What I'm looking for is an electric or LCD display that fits into the fire grate or blocks the fire and gives the illusion that there is a real fire.

It is to take the bare look off an unlit empty fireplace.

I hope I've explained that clearly.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

Hi,

If your looking for an LCD false fireplace/window I'd recommend "Atmoph window". They are a Japanese company and you have to order the device online which might not be ideal.

Another option is to get an old LCD and retrofit it into the firelplace yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

MoMo2020 wrote: »
    Hi,

If your looking for an LCD false fireplace/window I'd recommend "Atmoph window". They are a Japanese company and you have to order the device online which might not be ideal.

Another option is to get an old LCD and retrofit it into the firelplace yourself.

Thanks Ill check that out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Thanks Ill check that out now.

Try Celsi
    There a uk company; we purchased a Celsi Electriflame mk2 curved glass fire from them via parcelmotel
    Purchased through fireplacesdirect
    It's an LED whick looks more natural the flames separate and fade to smoke
    They also manufacture inserts for existing fireplaces

MoMo2020 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can they be used in landscape orientation vs portrait? I'm guessing 'no' judging by the lack of photos on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

Can they be used in landscape orientation vs portrait? I'm guessing 'no' judging by the lack of photos on their site.

I've been following their products for a while and tbh, don't recall them being used in landscape mode. they have a dedicated mobile app where users can purchase more images/videos and I think all of them are filmed in portrait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There are false fires out there that are landscape in shape. I know Stovax do them but would expect them to be expensive. You'd find similar for cheaper, search the UK sites as they'll have more options on what is out there

Advertisement