Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trying to remember the name of chewing gum.

• 06-10-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm trying to remember the name of a brand of chewing gum that was out in the late 80s. I think it came in a yellow wrapper and it came with a sticker or transferable tattoo that you could stick on your arm. The chewing gum was white, in a square shape and very tick. It wasn't the flat strips like Wrigleys.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help me remember these.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hubba bubba is the only one I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Bazooka Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

I remember the ones. The bubble gum itself was pink. They were 3p each in the late 80s I think. Had two small tatoos in each pack.
    I think in later years, mabey the early 90s, they might have had wwf wrestling stickers in them instead of tatoos??

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

Bazooka Joe looks like it but I remember the package being yellow and the gum being white. Maybe I am mis-remembering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I've a vague memory of a chewing gum in the early to mid 80s that came with rub on transfers that were meant to look like tattoos which you stuck on your arm.One lad in our class had one which the teacher made him remove. It was a heart with an anchor on it like the one Popeye had though I'm sure there was no connection to Popeye. They looked very unrealistic I should add.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 William Legrande

Dandy Tattoos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe had the mini comic strips in the wrapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Chiclets? Can't remember if they came with transfers, but they were chewing gum shaped like little square or oblong cushions, with a glossy white sugar coating. (The name surfaced from my memory bank when marvelling at the smallness of the USB wireless network 'card' I'd bought, which resembles one!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Was it Dubble Bubble?

I did a search as I vaguely recall how they looked. There's also Justice League as I remember some chewing gum with both batman and superman on the front.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I remember something like this, it was a white regtangular shaped chewing gum, with a citrus taste or something like that. And the tattoos with it were like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

dakan wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I'm trying to remember the name of a brand of chewing gum that was out in the late 80s. I think it came in a yellow wrapper and it came with a sticker or transferable tattoo that you could stick on your arm. The chewing gum was white, in a square shape and very tick. It wasn't the flat strips like Wrigleys.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help me remember these.

Thanks

Was it this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

I remember something like this, it was a white regtangular shaped chewing gum, with a citrus taste or something like that. And the tattoos with it were like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman

That’s the ones, the dc super heroes ones with the tattoos that were a big smudgy mess when you tried to put them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

aquarterof.co.uk is great for this kind of thing...

who remembers gold nuggets ?

https://www.aquarterof.co.uk/gold-nuggets-bubblegum.html

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

aquarterof.co.uk is great for this kind of thing...

who remembers gold nuggets ?

https://www.aquarterof.co.uk/gold-nuggets-bubblegum.html

I remember them, they were called Gold Rush when I was a kid, iirc. They were irregular shapes and had a thick yellowish-gold coating with pink gum inside. They had quite a distinctive tang to them when you first chewed them, I can actually remember it now as I'm typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hubba bubba is the only one I can think of

Man, that one brings back memories.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Worztron wrote: »
    Man, that one brings back memories.

Big Bubbles, No Troubles !

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1re4uNpN0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

I never could get the hang of blowing bubbles.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement