Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Crown Jewel 2019 - 31st October (Spoilers from recent shows)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I just thing vince could easily conpares to late stage awa Verne gagne who had his wrestling on espn but was so stuck in his ways he couldn't evolve.

I don’t think it’s quite verne quite yet as i think he still has something there but more of he needs to be a director of football overseeing stuff not the coach on the pitch he try’s to be in my best football analogy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I gather Cain may require knee surgery so if that's the case he couldn't have gone long. I liked the way they did it. Came across as an athletic contest where sometimes you get early finishes. Brock looking strong always gets a thumbs up in my book.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I haven't watched it and won't be but just reading Fury got paid £12m for this!

Damm fair fcuks to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I haven't watched it and won't be but just reading Fury got paid £12m for this!

Damm fair fcuks to him.

Didn't think it was that much. Admittedly making a show of yourself is worth it for that amount of dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Both meltzer and Bruce Mitchell are reporting that bar 20 people the vast majority of the WWE crew hadn’t left Saudi Arabia as of an hour ago and it’s not weather or a plane issue. Maybe the head boyos weren’t that happy with a women’s match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

All of the talent remaining have been brought back to their hotel and sent to their rooms....

My total guess would be someone smuggled in booze or was caught with something else illegal. You do not want that to happen in Saudi

brianblaze wrote: »
    All of the talent remaining have been brought back to their hotel and sent to their rooms....

My total guess would be someone smuggled in booze or was caught with something else illegal. You do not want that to happen in Saudi

It's a utter mess. I mean with smackdown now live on Fridays you can't have an event in Saudi Arabia and have smackdown Friday unless you have an absolute guarantee that people can get back. I mean it's like the Icelandic volcano all over again. I assume the people left include camera men and crew ? Also have the smackdown announce team of Michael cole and Corey Graves gotten out ? You'd assume the two women who went Lacey and natalya were on the plane that got out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Where did you read this??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of these ventures if its true about Vince having trouble

Vince is a stubborn SOB and I imagine he can hold grudges

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Where did you read this??

Carillo tweeted a video of them going back to their rooms and deleted it a few minutes later

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of these ventures if its true about Vince having trouble

Vince is a stubborn SOB and I imagine he can hold grudges

Ten year deal if memory serves

Ten year deal if memory serves

Yeah it's a ten year deal but including the people who already don't go it's going to have be a bloody sales pitch to get the people who went this time and are stuck in Saudi Arabia until god knows when. If they've been sent back to their hotel rooms they aren't getting out today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Taking this from Reddit

Trying to put all this together, since there are many sources and some may not be following what's been going on over night.

Delay lasted for hours, some had become suspicious of the delay.
    Initially it was reported that there was an issue with the plane by Pro Wrestling Sheet.
    Updated that a second charter flight was being pulled together for top talent so they could make it to Smackdown.
    20 people, 12 of which were talent, have left but the rest are still there.
    Brock Lesnar, Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon are already on their way back in their own flights.
    Vince reportedly left hours before, while the talent was still on the ground.
    PWInsider has been told the "majority" of those delayed leaving Saudi Arabia for tonight's Smackdown taping will not make the taping and are now at hotels in Riyadh. No word yet on when they will return to the United States

Other important notes that have not been elaborated on

Jim Valley with Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio claim it isn't related to plane or whether issues. - "It wasn't a plane or weather issue. I'm recording with @davemeltzerWON right now. We'll have a WOR up for subscribers this morning. @WONF4W

Sean Ross Sapp heard some rumors that Vince may have had a disagreement in Saudi Arabia - "There were rumors among talent that Vince McMahon got in some kind of disagreement in Saudi Arabia, though I haven't been able to fully confirm that.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1190119997210677248?s=19

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1190150014921854976?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder what the disagreement could've been about. Shortness of Brock/Cain? Quality of the show? The women showing a little too much wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

strange doesnt seem to be picked up by any mainstream news outlets yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

More dramatic than the the recent product anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Gas Vince has fled and left the minions behind! What a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

Probably because of time difference between the States and Saudi, give it a couple more hours.

sky88 wrote: »

The sun had something about it

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wonder what the disagreement could've been about. Shortness of Brock/Cain? Quality of the show? The women showing a little too much wrist?

I'd imagine it wasn't wrestling related and more somebody did or said something they shouldn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking they were brave bringing Lana out with Lashley since adultery is punishable by death, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The sun had something about it

He said NEWS outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Officer999

Off the Ball are running with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Cain tapping out and doing so quick was jobbing him out.
    I get it, he has to have knee surgery. But they could have had a better finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope Tyson Fury is never seen again. Absolutely brutal, the worst. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I hope Tyson Fury is never seen again. Absolutely brutal, the worst. Embarrassing.

He got enough $$ to justify it

He did more harm than any PWG hand grenade spot ever will. Imagine the amount of people seeing clips of him "wrestling" and thinking how utterly ****e wrestling must really be.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So have the rest got out of Saudi yet?

• Advertisement

So have the rest got out of Saudi yet?

Yes, I think so.

So the story is coming out now. Apparently the Almighty Prince hasn't paid Vince for the last TWO shows, so that's why there was a 60 million deficit in the Investors Call.

When Vince found out he wasn't getting paid he got on a plane, waited till he was in the air, and had the PPV signal to Saudi cut.

The Prince then kept all the crew from flying out to mess with Vince.

This is absolutely hilarious.

Advertisement