Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does increasing the price in cigarettes lead to an increased craving paradoxically?

• 22-09-2019 11:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

This is my theory. The reason I say this is because in my country, Tanzania, cigarettes are dirt cheap, at least compared to Ireland and the number of smokers is less.

Maybe there are other factors like culture but I wonder why cigarette use is just not popular as it's cheaper than even alcohol there unlike here. Maybe there people think that cigarettes are dirty and low quality. Or maybe the quality is actually lower than here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Lacey Fluffy Pizza

That theory has no basis in fact at all. For example 20 cigs are one sixth of the price in Egypt compared to Ireland and they smoke half as many again per capita as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Washiwill

I agree with Srameen it's probably cultural differences.

Advertisement