Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Livigno

• 16-09-2019 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, we are a group of 8 in our mid 20s thinking about heading to livigno around new years time. Just wondering from anyone who has been there before what are the best areas to stay as I believe there are several towns close by? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭webwayz

I have been twice to Livigno, highish altitude so snow i assured even on bad years.
    It is a long town joined together, and there is a bus that does a route and loops round, to some lifts and the monte lino side, your skipass covers this bus.
    My recommendation is to stay near to the gondola lift so it is walkable each morning. But also make sure you try the monte lino side, a bit of a hassle to walk across the town and valley carrying your skis but worth it for some variety.
    The main issue with Livigno is the bus ride if you fly into Bergamo. it seems to take ages. Some charter companies in the UK fly to Innsbruck which is a shorter bus journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

I went there on my first ski holiday and loved it . Livigno is excellent for beginners with plenty of wide and not very steep pistes and has two separate mountains with a connecting bus that is free with your ski pass. It’s a duty free town too so is very cheap for food and drink and has a good night life too. The transfer is very long but if you doing a week it doesn’t really make any difference as you won’t be skiing on either the day of arrival or departure. If I was still in my 20’s I happily go back to Livigno

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Skyfloater

Just as a general rule, going skiing over the Christmas/New year period is rarely ideal. Along with midterm it's the most expensive time to go. The snow is usually patchy, or reliant on artificial snow so early in the season.

Advertisement