Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pul fabric stockist

• 14-08-2019 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to buy Pul fabric as I'm thinking of making a few water resistant items. Does anyone know of any stockists in Ireland or elsewhere?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say you could get some in medical supplies stores - they'd be mattress protectors, though, so not very large.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

New Home wrote: »
    I'd say you could get some in medical supplies stores - they'd be mattress protectors, though, so not very large.

Thanks. I'm looking for something a bit prettier than that though. I've seen it sold abroad in fabric shops. The kind you might use to make cloth nappies. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd say that ordering it only would be your best bet, but you could also try and ring Hickeys and see if they'd order it for you; it may be quite hard to come by here, the market is much more limited for lots of things.

I'd say that ordering it only would be your best bet, but you could also try and ring Hickeys and see if they'd order it for you; it may be quite hard to come by here, the market is much more limited for lots of things.

Thanks. I'm hoping someone might be able to advise on where they might have ordered it from to help me narrow down the internet. :D ill ask them about ordering it in next time I'm in Hickeys too.

Just an idea - if you remember where you saw it abroad, ask them would they be willing to ship it.

• Advertisement

Just an idea - if you remember where you saw it abroad, ask them would they be willing to ship it.

They probably would but it was Australia and it works out pretty expensive so I'd either have to do a large order to make the postage worthwhile (which I can't afford) or I'd have to do lots of small orders which would mean a fortune in postage. Something nearer would be fab.

Right, yikes. I thought you meant somewhere in Europe. :p

May I ask, will you be making wearable items or accessories? If the latter, maybe you could consider using waterproof tablecloths? They can often be found sold in large rolls and cut to measure - the material would be too stiff for, let's say, reusable nappies, but they'd be more than fine for handbags.

Right, yikes. I thought you meant somewhere in Europe. :p

May I ask, will you be making wearable items or accessories? If the latter, maybe you could consider using waterproof tablecloths? They can often be found sold in large rolls and cut to measure - the material would be too stiff for, let's say, reusable nappies, but they'd be more than fine for handbags.

Ya, I know that stuff but it really would be too stiff. I'm thinking of using it for a buggy or carseat liner for example. It would have to be soft like pul. I'll keep searching anyway. They have to have some places that sell it in the UK for sure. I don't mind getting it abroad, I'm just sure some Irish people know where is best to get it from for value and also for a variety of gorgeous prints I hope.

I'm sure someone will come along with the answer soon. :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement