Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this the end of Democrat front runner Joe Biden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I've been long aware of Bidens proclivities for touching up and feeling up very young children as well as adults.
    It's been common knowledge for many years
    Some people call it touchy-feely and apart from him not being related to people there are no prosecutions for him "feeling" anyone up. Post #MeToo anything sticks. He'll be at the Dems convention anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Gabbard seems far and away the best and sanest candidate for the Democrats, which is why there's no chance of her getting the nomination. Same with Sanders last time, whom had to be shafted in order to get him off the ticket.
    The irony being that Sanders in 2016 and Gabbard in 2020 would be most likely to beat Trump and most likely to siphon a large proportion of Trump voters.

Sanders beating Trump in 2016 is really the subject of conjecture and it is unlikely since American voters would hear the words "raise your taxes" and reject him - remember there is no such thing as a free meal and that's what Sanders was promising, even Clinton pushed for new taxes. Trump was able to carry the election by tapping into the distrust of Washington and if he does not do anything radically stupid he will likely take 2020 as well, in what could be a rerun of the 1968 campaign.

Is the Left Playing with Fire Again?
    Patrick Buchanan, February 14, 2017

To those who lived through that era that tore us apart in the '60s and '70s, it is starting to look like "deja vu all over again."

<snip>
    His presidency broken by Vietnam and the riots, LBJ decided not to run again. Vice President Humphrey's chances were ruined by the violent protests at his Chicago convention, which were broken up by the club-wielding cops of Democratic Mayor Richard J. Daley.

Race riots in the cities, student riots on campus, and that riot of radicals in Chicago helped deliver America to Richard Nixon.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Sanders beating Trump in 2016 is really the subject of conjecture and it is unlikely since American voters would hear the words "raise your taxes" and reject him - remember there is no such thing as a free meal and that's what Sanders was promising, even Clinton pushed for new taxes. Trump was able to carry the election by tapping into the distrust of Washington and if he does not do anything radically stupid he will likely take 2020 as well, in what could be a rerun of the 1968 campaign.

Is the Left Playing with Fire Again?
    Patrick Buchanan, February 14, 2017
    Until the field clears down to 5-6 we just won't know where they are going to go. I think the Bernie adventure will run out of steam.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Until the field clears down to 5-6 we just won't know where they are going to go. I think the Bernie adventure will run out of steam.

It already has. Warren is currently running second to Biden for the nomination. He’s at 29 cents and she’s at 24 cents on Predictit. Other contenders are at 14 cents and lower. She could become a vice-presidential nominee or a presidential nominee.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Reisers

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'd tend towards agreeing with you but the US military is a major employer of poorer demographics and minorities in America. If there was swinging cuts to the military budget, the cuts will come on the manpower end of things. Lockheed Martin and BAE systems' lobbyists will still ensure they get their lucrative contracts. There probably isn't enough Taco Bell and Walmart jobs to go around for those that would be made redundant.

These folks get extremely good training while in uniform and an education via the GI Bill.

There is also the unfortunate reality that the US military maintains the peace and balance of power in critical areas of the world, most particularly East-Asia.

You could argue the dictators were doing the above before the US intervened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

If the "Creepy Joe" narrative is being pushed on a Friday I presume there will be something about Trump and young girls coming out in the next day or two.

It already has. Warren is currently running second to Biden for the nomination. He’s at 29 cents and she’s at 24 cents on Predictit. Other contenders are at 14 cents and lower. She could become a vice-presidential nominee or a presidential nominee.
    Physically I mean! These "debates" are a distraction and a circus. I think Warren should be on the ticket regardless of how she does.

notobtuse wrote: »
    The stupidsphere makes far too much over Biden’s supposed creepiness. He’s old school and originally from my parts (and hour up the pike). Everyone of that age had a relative who was know for touching and affection in a innocent and non-threatening way. Yeah, times change and Biden has a problem with letting go of the past, but I really believe he means nothing by it.

Sounds a bit too much like the "handsy" priest or christian brother we unfortunately ran into in the 80s ....

If any sort of "credible" candidate emerges from the Democrats, mark my words, a "war" of some description will be created somewhere in the world, just before the election, with American involvement - it will allow Trump to be seen as the "alpha male" - very hard to beat that in an election year, especially when half the electorate are acting like sheep- it's a very hard act to "trump".

And no, Joe B is not that candidate. It's definitely the end of the road for him.

MrFresh wrote: »
    If the "Creepy Joe" narrative is being pushed on a Friday I presume there will be something about Trump and young girls coming out in the next day or two.

Doubt it. Trump is a horndog however he tends to go for top heavy women.

• Advertisement

Sounds a bit too much like the "handsy" priest or christian brother we unfortunately ran into in the 80s ....
    There's also a generation that thought that physical contact with kids was perfectly normal by patting their heads, squeezing cheeks or hugging them. It was innocent and perfectly harmless unless you didn't want to be patted! In 2019 it's another thing altogether.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    After he was elected President yes but his approval ratings on leaving office suggest Democrats (and much of the wider country) didn't care about it one way or another.
    Even as far out as 2012 he was still being feted at Democratic National Convention. It's only lately he is being distanced.

This was all pre #MeToo where consensual sex between adults wasn't called into question like it is now. Ironically the stuff levelled at Trump means that if the same standards are applied to pretty much any man, and a lot of women in politics, they will fail the test. Even saying someone is attractive or looks well is a no no these days.

If any sort of "credible" candidate emerges from the Democrats, mark my words, a "war" of some description will be created somewhere in the world, just before the election, with American involvement - it will allow Trump to be seen as the "alpha male" - very hard to beat that in an election year, especially when half the electorate are acting like sheep- it's a very hard act to "trump".

And no, Joe B is not that candidate. It's definitely the end of the road for him.
    He's the leading candidate according to polls. Not a bad place for the end of the road.

Doubt it. Trump is a horndog however he tends to go for top heavy women.

There's evidence to say otherwise.

Fifteen women have now gone on record to say that Donald Trump sexually assaulted them. Out of all of their stories, one is the most explosive and bizarre — a woman who says Trump violently raped her at an orgy when she was just 13 years old. But the horrific details of her accusation have gotten the least attention.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/3/13501364/trump-rape-13-year-old-lawsuit-katie-johnson-allegation

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's the leading candidate according to polls. Not a bad place for the end of the road.

Whether he is or not doesn't matter- he won't win against Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Honestly I don't know how much there is to the Creepy Joe stuff, is it something (A) dodgy or (B) something that was fine in the 80s and now is viewed in a different light.

But at a political level, regardless of whether it's A or B, it is 2019, at a political level the behaviour is a liability (whether that's just in terms of the Democratic nomination or the national poll not sure) and he doesn't seem to be able to flip out of it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

None of them are very good, the closest thing to a competent candidate on their side that is not fully indoctrinated into identity politics or Marxism is Tulsi Gabbard but with all the in fighting I dont think she will get very far, Be ready for Trump 2020.

There's evidence to say otherwise.

Far be it from me to defend Trump but a link to a politically biased mag is not evidence. There are only allegations made in the heat of an election cycle (i.e. muck raking), and in the wake of the fallout from #MeToo the old rule still applies "innocent until proven guilty" even for Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein.

If both of those individuals come out and state that 2+2=4 and I agree with that statement and handshake over it, does that mean then that I also agree with any actions they may have taken that do not comply with the law or conventional moral codes? Of course not and except that is the standard much of the media is applying.

Far be it from me to defend Trump but a link to a politically biased mag is not evidence. There are only allegations made in the heat of an election cycle (i.e. muck raking), and in the wake of the fallout from #MeToo the old rule still applies "innocent until proven guilty" even for Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein.

If both of those individuals come out and state that 2+2=4 and I agree with that statement and handshake over it, does that mean then that I also agree with any actions they may have taken that do not comply with the law or conventional moral codes? Of course not and except that is the standard much of the media is applying.

The evidence is in the court filing.

The Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, alleges she Was enticed by promises of money and a modeling career to attend a series of underage sex parties held at the New York City residence of Defendant Jeffrey E. Epstein and attended by Defendant Donald J. Trump.

On the first occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, Was forced to manually stimulate Defendant Trump With the use of her hand upon Defendant Trump’s erect penis until he reached sexual orgasm.

On the second occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, Was forced to orally copulate Defendant Trump by placing her mouth upon Defendant Trump’s erect penis until he reached sexual orgasm.

On the third occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson Was forced to engage in an unnatural lesbian sex act with her fellow minor and sex slave, Maria Doe age 12, for the sexual enjoyment of Defendant Trump. After this sex act, both minors Were forced to orally copulate Defendant Trump by placing their mouths simultaneously on his erect penis until he achieved sexual orgasm. After Zipping up his pants, Defendant Trump physically pushed both minors away While angrily berating them for the “poor“ quality of their sexual performance

On the fourth and final sexual encounter with the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, Was tied to a bed by Defendant Trump who then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff Johnson. During the course of this savage sexual attack, Plaintiff Johnson loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to “please wear a condom”. Defendant Trump responded by violently striking Plaintiff Johnson in the face With his open hand and screaming that “he would do whatever he wanted” as ”he refused to Wear protection.” After achieving sexual orgasm, the Defendant, Donald J. Trump put his suit back on and when the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, in tears asked Defendant Trump what Would happen if he had impregnated her, Defendant Trump grabbed his wallet and threw some money at her and screamed that she should use the money “to get a ****ing abortion”.

This account smells like it's made up. It's exactly the caricature of Trump that is shown in the media. Maybe it's true, but it's just too convenient, especially the part about "get an abortion".

I'm not a Trump fan, but this smells off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

What is really alarming is the future crop of democrat politicians. Their platforms pretty much all seem to be that they’ll create a borderless fairy tale country, with fairy tale economics, and chalked full of free stuff with no reasonable way to pay for it. Gawd help us if this is the future of the democratic party. How distressing is it that crazy old Joe is the sanest of the bunch?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

That is still not evidence. I'm sure you would prefer the "innocent until proven guilty" standard applied to yourself should you find yourself in the similar situation. As an example in this country one poor guy found himself in jail for a year until the evidence could be presented that he did not rape the woman who accused him. Follow the golden rule "That which you hate to be done to you, do not do to another" even if they are your political enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Has anyone see the actual biden video in full or just the trump edit ?

That is still not evidence. I'm sure you would prefer the "innocent until proven guilty" standard applied to yourself should you find yourself in the similar situation. As an example in this country one poor guy found himself in jail for a year until the evidence could be presented that he did not rape the woman who accused him. Follow the golden rule "That which you hate to be done to you, do not do to another" even if they are your political enemy.

I think you'll find that testimony is evidence. What you mean is you don't find it convincing evidence.

Gatling wrote: »
    Has anyone see the actual biden video in full or just the trump edit ?

I happened to watch one bout 10 minutes long

He's pretty creepy round the young girls

It was in full glare of the media ,like he got a kick out of that side of it too

I think you'll find that testimony is evidence. What you mean is you don't find it convincing evidence.

Not proven obviously

After the Westminster paedophile ring debacle I'm holding off on judgement on the more outlandish stuff these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

at this stage the Dems could put up a half eaten Oreo and win

Trump is floundering around in the polls

It’s only going to get worse for him

There’s loads to still come out which will drive his popularity to even LOWER depths

What you have is a statement by one party that has not been proved or disproved. Before you act as judge and jury I recommend you watch the play 12 angry men

at this stage the Dems could put up a half eaten Oreo and win

Trump is floundering around in the polls

It’s only going to get worse for him

There’s loads to still come out which will drive his popularity to even LOWER depths

Disagree with all the above

He's a populist none of that matters imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Too bad Marianne Williamson probably won’t qualify for the next debate. Will the battle against the dark psychic force be over? She’s polling at 1% and democrats need to poll at 2% for the next debate. Her loonieness is the only thing keeping any interest in the debates as everything else the democrats are promising are simply pipe dreams.

Let's hope Biden picks her as his running mate. :)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement