Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student loans

Options
  • 21-07-2019 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

Does anyone know what the story with UK maintenance loans for a student is? I’m a ROI national and have lived here my whole life, however I’m moving to London (hopefully) for university. I’m eligible for the tuition loan but I’m not sure about the maintenance loan. I’m applying for UK citizenship and am apparently able to get it as both of my parents are UK born (not raised), but I’m not sure what good that is in terms of applying for the loan.

Does anyone know if citizenship is good enough or is residency necessary for 3 years prior to starting the academic year? Will I be asked to provide evidence of my living there?

Thanks a million!

Advertisement