Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ozzy and Judas Priest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jesus, if this is true and they cancel it tomorrow or on Monday that's disgraceful. Maybe they'll just postpone it a few wekks? Probably not possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Check their own opening hours. It's closed on Wednesdays unless there's a gig.
    https://www.thegibsonhotel.ie/eat-and-drink/coda-restaurant/

The manager told me it will be closed because the gig is now off. They have another bar/restaurant ('Hemi') which will be open, but the "posher" 'Coda' restaurant is closed in midweek unless there's a gig.

I'm a peasent so have never been in the posh one.

:pac:

That will be a hure if it's cancelled. The missus who isn't really into metal but who came to Sabbath with me was going to go and we have baby sitters lined up n all which is no easy feat when you have two under two.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That will be a hure if it's cancelled. The missus who isn't really into metal but who came to Sabbath with me was going to go and we have baby sitters lined up n all which is no easy feat when you have two under two.

There's a luke Kelly tribute show on in Liberty Hall. Features Glen Hansard, Damien Dempsey etc and it's only €11.80 a ticket

If ozzy is postponed/cancelled I might go up too Dublin Thursday instead and go too Tears for Fears

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Same here - both the wife and I have taken 2 days off work. Her mother will be minding our two. The wife has no interest in rock/metal (she's only going as it's my 40th!), so I think she's secretly happy. We're going to IKEA beforehand so that's her trip made up!

Anything else of interest happening on Wednesday night in Dubland does anyone know? Comedy? Theatre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭fyfe79

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There's a luke Kelly tribute show on in Liberty Hall. Features Glen Hansard, Damien Dempsey etc and it's only €11.80 a ticket

If ozzy is postponed/cancelled I might go up too Dublin Thursday instead and go too Tears for Fears

Tears for Fears on Thursday? Shame it's not Wednesday - would go for the novelty. And the missus probably wouldn't hate it!

That first thing you mentioned..... god no!

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Same here - both the wife and I have taken 2 days off work. Her mother will be minding our two. The wife has no interest in rock/metal (she's only going as it's my 40th!), so I think she's secretly happy. We're going to IKEA beforehand so that's her trip made up!

Anything else of interest happening on Wednesday night in Dubland does anyone know? Comedy? Theatre?

The Luke Kelly honorary concert in Liberty Hall (think it's sold out)
    Calender girls in the Bord gais

Prob be an ozzy tribute playing somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

The crew were staying in the Gibson apparently and have cancelled there rooms

How do you know this ?

wally1990 wrote: »
    How do you know this ?

It's on the event Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Gotta link ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It's a rumour on their FB page, not an official announcement as your post implies!
    Over there, they're using here as a reference :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

It's a rumour on their FB page, not an official announcement as your post implies!
    Over there, they're using here as a reference :rolleyes:

Was just about to post that.

There's no indication anywhere that this concert is cancelled.

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Was just about to post that.

There's no indication anywhere that this concert is cancelled.

The big worry is the Gibson hotel cancellation thing

Some band cancelled today for the Olympia and MCD we're straight out with a statement

Hopefully we find out tomorrow what the story is for weds. They hardly just have Judas Priest playing with some local bands thrown in for support ?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Restaurant is closed in the Gibson alright

Just called them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Insurance does not pay out for the promoters etc unless all the gig preparations went ahead, such as stage set up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Maybe Ticketmaster don't want to announce it on a Sunday as they might not have the staff working to deal with all the refunds/queries/complaints?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Bassfish wrote: »
    Maybe Ticketmaster don't want to announce it on a Sunday as they might not have the staff working to deal with all the refunds/queries/complaints?

That makes sense to me anyway

Annoying though as only have free cancellation for hotel until tonight

Bassfish wrote: »

Ozzys camp should come out and make a statement. Can be done in mins on social media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Ozzys camp should come out and make a statement. Can be done in mins on social media

"We've read PTH2009s post on boards.ie about our crew cancelling their reservations at the Gibson Hotel, we just want to clarify that Wednesdays concert is still going ahead" - Sharon Osbourne.

Somehow I can't see "Ozzys Camp" being too arsed about a couple of posts on an internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The big worry is the Gibson hotel cancellation thing

Some band cancelled today for the Olympia and MCD we're straight out with a statement

Hopefully we find out tomorrow what the story is for weds. They hardly just have Judas Priest playing with some local bands thrown in for support ?

I'd be more than happy with a full set with Priest headlining tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Somehow I can't see "Ozzys Camp" being too arsed about a couple of posts on an internet forum.

In fairness the rumours have been posted wider than Boards.

Anyway, hope it's all bs and it goes ahead.

• Advertisement

In fairness the rumours have been posted wider than Boards.

Anyway, hope it's all bs and it goes ahead.

Saw one saying the first 4 dates of the leg will be cancelled

Others saying they will happen in April instead which both ozzy and priest are free

Lots of comments on Facebook now from people staying in the Gibson having their dinner reservations cancelled. I'd imagine the Gibson would want to be fairly certain the gig is off before sending customers away!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

MCD & Ticketmaster are apparently making an announcement tomorrow morning. Was really looking forward to Priest. Really feel for people who booked hotels, days off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ozzy should just give it up now ffs. The guy's f***ed.

MCD & Ticketmaster are apparently making an announcement tomorrow morning. Was really looking forward to Priest. Really feel for people who booked hotels, days off etc.

Balls anyway

Will be rescheduled or cancelled altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

feck it anyway. from a feckin height.

Would also have been happy with a full priest show

feck it anyway. from a feckin height.

Would also have been happy with a full priest show

Hope is rescheduled as April has so many free spots but with ozzys health cancelling the dates outright might be the best course of action. Still a kick in the balls though

Maybe Preist might play here this year sometime

Myself and the buddy have decided to head up and go on the beer anyway. Anyone got any recommendations for record shops? Where does one go to listen to some rock/metal since Bruxelles became a hipster craft beer bar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'd be more than happy with a full set with Priest headlining tbh.

Do this and offer everyone a ticketmaster voucher or something? Would be better than cancelling. Give each band a longer set, I doubt they'd complain.

Advertisement