Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Close up magician

Options
  • 02-12-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some close up magicians in Ireland and where to go see them. I've seen some stuff over the years that blew my mind and makes me (almost) believe in magic. The best one I saw was at an outdoor festival where I was about 1 metre away from the magician, he asked for someone in the audience to loan him a ring and he put it on his own finger. Then he rolled up his sleeves and he started tapping two of his fingers off his wrist and every time he tapped the ring jumped from one finger to the other. He kept doing it for ages and as close as I was I could not figure out how it was possible. I would love to see more stuff like this. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Have a look at
    Anthony galvin
    Steve spade

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Thanks for the suggestions. I am based in Cork but willing to travel.

There used to be a weekly thing in a pub in town called the roundy.
    have a google to see if its still going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

I was at a cork wedding recently and Gerard Kearney was the entertainment. I’m no expert but we found him fascinating , card tricks etc

I had forgotten him actually, I think he focusses more on events like weddings, birthdays etc. I dont know if he does shows as such.

He is very good though, and really good at walk around

• Advertisement
Advertisement