Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So Dark Souls like multiplayer. Could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭Penn

shrewdness wrote: »
    Death is not the end

Dying means no 'game over' in Death Stranding. You then end up in a strange world and you have to find your own way back to the land of the living. Also be careful during battles. Killing your enemy is almost never the best solution. After all, every death has consequences.

Sounds a bit like The Sorrow battle in MGS3, where the more soldiers you killed during the game showed up as ghosts, making it harder to reach The Sorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

just seen the trailer

oh dear God I may have to buy a ps4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Penn wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like The Sorrow battle in MGS3, where the more soldiers you killed during the game showed up as ghosts, making it harder to reach The Sorrow.

Good comparison

I'm glad at least we are finally been given a clear indication about what type of game it is

• Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hideo has finally cleared up what kind of game this is, phew.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133981072524361728?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hideo has finally cleared up what kind of game this is, phew.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1133981072524361728?s=19

'Social Strand System', from the man that brought use 'Transfaring'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

shrewdness wrote: »
    Death is not the end

Dying means no 'game over' in Death Stranding. You then end up in a strange world and you have to find your own way back to the land of the living.

Make me think of Shadow Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

been looking for a good strand game for a while, this could be the one ;)

Make me think of Shadow Man.

Herc's Adventure did something similar as well. And that weird monkey game on the Lynx of all things. Still I'm sure there's an original twist to it here. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

The man is a marketing Genius tbf

He's got everybody talking about his game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I pretty much swore off getting Collector's Editions of games that come with a bunch of tat and I mostly just buy digital now... but if they release a collectors edition with one of those I'm putting that damn Bridge Baby right in the centre of the mantlepiece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Penn wrote: »
    I pretty much swore off getting Collector's Editions of games that come with a bunch of tat and I mostly just buy digital now... but if they release a collectors edition with one of those I'm putting that damn Bridge Baby right in the centre of the mantlepiece :D

Get your wallet ready. They are.

47959124602_56a267659a_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah fox engine is now konami.

Would not be surprised if ex Kojima studios tech team helped out guerrilla though.
    https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/1133766769229754369

And the first reply in the thread...

Technical analysis of the trailer from DF, for anyone into that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Against my better judgment, Preordered this at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Another tidbit.
    Oh god he actually went for the Todd Howard mountain technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fixxxer wrote: »
    Against my better judgment, Preordered this at the weekend :)

I've nothing against pre-ordering but I've been following this and still don't know what this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've nothing against pre-ordering but I've been following this and still don't know what this is.

I have no idea what this piece of software is.

Is it a game? Is a movie? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Anyone see Hideo Kojima's cameo in Nicholas Winding Refn's new TV show 'Too Old To Die Young'?

Pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I was hoping the trailer would at least give me an indication as to what it is, but I'm still in the dark. No idea if I should be getting excited or not. From what I've seen so far, meh. Looks pretty, good actors, but still no idea what kind of game this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Stealth action with some walking sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I was excited for this game. Now here we are a few months away and all the gameplay seems to be is just hiking. Hiking miles and miles and miles.

Maybe someone should tell Kojima that open world games need a lot to do in them to be enjoyable. MGS5's location become boring after a while. Once you climbed up one rock it doesn't have the same effect the 50th time :pac:

Well Breath of the Wild was mostly hiking and exploring and is far and away the best open world game in years. I'm remaining open minded about it.

Kojima is a disaster when it comes to story and dialogue but with the exception of MGS4 him and his team have always delivered unique and compelling gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I dunno. I'm still a bit skeptical about this. Kojima has wanted to always go open world since MGS3.
    I remember reading an interview in 2002 saying how MGS3 was going to be a big open world like GTA3 (hence the "this isn't gta... this is a jungle line" in the e3 trailer for MGS3. Obviously he couldn't do it cause of technical limitations back then.

He tried to do it for MGS4 but for some reason only one level kinda felt open world. Then... he finally did it for MGS5 and while the gameplay was great the open world setting got boring after a while. I dunno maybe i am suffereing from open-world fatigue :pac:

Would be nice if more was shown tho!

They probably showed off too much in the gameplay trailers for MGSV, but I think they definitely need to start showing some for this game as no-one really knows what the hell it is. I expect we'll start seeing some towards the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Geoff Keighley has a cameo in the game

• Advertisement

The game looks ****e, had to be said

Advertisement